don't click here

The most annoyingly-placed badniks/traps?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Endgame, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Sky Rail was an annoyingly place LEVEL. one mistake and you're dead.

Same with Cannon Canyon 2 or whatever it's called from Sonic Heroes.

2. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Those bee-like enemies in that zone are worse, especially those placed specifically to throw you back into water.

3. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Well, if you are like me you never bother to (in fact, the only time I even remember you actually can do that is when I get trapped in one one of them due to general glitchyness) and you never anticipate the little bastard being there.

4. n00neimp0rtant

n00neimp0rtant

EYES ONLY Member
    South Park, PA
    Creation Kit (Skyrim mods and patches)
    fuckfuckfuckFuckFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFU—NAWWWWW

[​IMG]

Bullet Station? Or that Railroad one that looks like it but sucks in comparison to the former?

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    [​IMG]
    This entire act. Especially because even if you DO get though it without falling down a bottomless pit, you then have to fight against the Bitchslap Of Death! :argh:

6. Malpass

Malpass

Fell at the Battle of the Wing Fortress, 1992. Member
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These, and Metropolis' Star badniks. Little bastards.

7. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Ok, this one is not really a trap or an enemy, but still something annoying which is placed just wrong:

[​IMG]

Imagine you are booming out of the S-tunnel with 300 mp/h. Think you can kill every enemy and THEN? This nasty springs points you backwards again, so you need to stop and loose all your speed. Annoying.

8. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    That spring is actually pretty cool. You get a 1-up for your troubles.

Now, Green Hills Zone. That's one hell of an unbalanced stage. Damn act 3 is near impossible to get through, especially for the GG version.

9. Speaking of Sonic 2 8-bit, the lobster/spear launcher bubble gauntlet at the end of Aqua Lake act 2. You have to take this route if you want the Chaos Emerald in this zone and since the temporary invincibility flash starts as soon as you get hit, rather than whem you hit the ground a la the 16-bit games, you can get hit near the top yet die before you hit the ground if you're unlucky.

10. Well, like muteKi mentioned, you can get a 1-up because of it. Also, if I'm not mistaken, to the right of that rock is one of those spiky rotating things, so it's not like you could run through it at full speed anyway, unless you had invincibility.

11. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie
    I'm gonna feel like a dickhead when I find out what this is, but what is that?

12. Dan Genesis

Dan Genesis

As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute Member
    Top Secret. Bitch.
    KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
    Oh, fuck that. That is the worst level I've ever played - specifically Act 3, where you have to be perfect just to get to the annoying boss.

Never Again

13. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    It's Sky Canyon Act 2 from Sonic Advance 2.

Ignore what was here before. I thought he was talking about Sonic 1's Green Hill Zone, before I went back and actually read.

14. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie

Ahh, no wonder. I loved Sonic Advance 2, but I don't really remember any of the zones. I do remember there was one zone where you had to do an R-up trick to actually not die, and I never figured that out for the longest time.

EDIT: Quote that didn't belong there...

15. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    QFT. Sky Canyon Zone. If you miss the first R^ jump, that's bad and you'll have to do a bit longer about the zone. But if you miss the SECOND one, instant death occurs. Stupid arrow of rings.

0:30

16. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

This one is going to sound really stupid, but I was playing Sonic 3K the other day and the final Death Egg boss, as the floor is crumbling and you're chasing Robotnik down, on the very last hit when you blow him up, I fell off the last block of the floor to collapse TWICE. Not sure how, but the way you fall back when you hit him on this part is pretty aggravating, unless you hit him directly under it seems.

Also, there's this one part in Hydrocity Act 1, where you're blasting through an under water part and fly up a ramp directly upwards, and there's one of those rotating tube platforms that more often then not crushes me between it and the corner of a floor as I fly up to it. :argh:

17. Mr.C

Mr.C

USA
    To piss you off when you're Super Sonic. :v:

ANYWAYS

Enemy: Those Flasher enemies in Mystic Cave Zone. I ALWAYS fucking run into them.

Obstacles: The pit in Mystic Cave Zone. And THE GODDAMN BARREL IN CARNIVAL NIGHT. :argh: Yes, it STILL pisses me off.

18. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I seriously can't believe that I still have no idea where that pit in MCz is :psyduck:

19. Master3k

Master3k

You're a lucky guy, then.

Aside from that MCz one which also pisses me off a lot, this:

[​IMG]

I know, it's the special stage, it's suposed to be hard, but... :V that's a bit too much for me, specially in the end, where I need to go through a similar place in a high speed.

20. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    Well master3k, that's why I get those snakes first, then the squares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.