don't click here

The most annoyingly-placed badniks/traps?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Endgame, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I thought I'd just do Sonic 2 for now as an example, as I was going through it at the time. Of course yours can be from any game, and you can put as many of them as you want on here.

(Typical that the badnik I found most annoying in S2's EHZ, today I couldn't get hit by him unless I purposely ran into him to get this shot, lol)

I've lost count at how many times I get hit by one of THIS one's coconuts when going through Sonic 2's EHZ Act 2!
    [​IMG]

The second is basically any of those Aquis [sea-horse] badniks from Oil Ocean Zone, and thirdly any of those 'Shellcracker' badniks from the Metropolis Zone (actually, probably ANY badnik from Metropolis Zone!)

[​IMG]

What/where are your most annoyingly-placed badniks or traps?

2. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    In before CNZ drum.

That Shellcracker Badnik can go fuck itself.

3. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    CNZ drum.

Also that grasshopper enemy in Metropolis Zone was probably the most annoying of the lot.

Or how about every game since Sonic Advance 2 whose idea of replayability is "memorize when we're going to blatantly throw you into a spike wall"?

4. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    [​IMG]

[/thread]

5. Malgra

Malgra

Studium Member
    Gets my vote.

Was either between those or the seahorses in OOZ. They get me every single time, despite me knowing they're there.

6. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    The mere image alone brings back painful memories.

7. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    I was immediately reminded of that stupid pit. Of course, you're image doesn't truly convey why I hate it so much. It's when you're Super Sonic and waiting for your rings to run out that gets me.

This comic really says it all.

8. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Badniks that always manage to hit me: grasshopers from metropolis and the Flasher enemy from Mystic Cave. Since I manage to zip past the latter without getting hit every single time, but not the former, my vote goes for the grasshopers.

I don't have a specific obstacle I dislke however.

9. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I'm gonna have to agree with most poeple in this topic and go with THAT pit in Mystic Cave, for a start. Although it's at its worst when you're waiting to die in there as Super Sonic (as has already been pointed out), I always seem to fall in it more frequently in 2 player mode than at any other time; sure, I know it's there, but when you get that annoying slow-down in 2 player mode it's often really hard to time the jump correctly to avoid falling in it.

And I agree with the shellcracker Badniks and grasshopper Badniks in Metropolis as well - bloody hell, those things are irritating. I know exactly where they are but I seem to get hit by them every single time!

10. SliCkMiX

SliCkMiX

Not strictly a badnik.

You know what im gona say when I say 'Wing Fortress Act 2'

That one Launch tray. It will undoubtably kill you at least once on every play through.

Also those turtles on Act 1, when a bird flys through them forcing you to land your attack on the turtle causing no damage to the bird, but the bird hits you.

Those two and teh above Mystic Cave pit of DOOM!

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    That one double-piston section in Sandopolis Act 1 right after a giant ring is the obstacle voted most-likely-to-kill-me, with the second place going to a couple of spikeball/piston combos in Marble Garden.

12. UtopiaUK

UtopiaUK

Sonic 3 Resort Island
    All the bumpers in Carnival Night Zone are always annoying. They are always placed in the most stupid places.

13. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    THIS.

Since you don't even have way to escape, why teh fuck did they put spikes in there?

14. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    [​IMG]

WHO MAKES THESE THINGS???

15. HighCaliburFun

HighCaliburFun

I gotta juice! Member
    USA
    LOL, I use to get stick in that thing a lot and it always made me frustrated.

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    There's a series of corkscrew loops in Power Plant Zone that ends with a bumper.

It's the one obstacle I have the most chance of screwing up in Heroes, actually (at least where super hard mode comes in).

Also basically any place the egg-hammer-helmet dudes are.

17. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Those Starfish from Metropolis Zone don't make the whole place ANY more pleasant.

I also dislike those spears in Labyrinth Zone.
    The robots in Sonic Adventure were overall very annoying in total, their bad programming doesn't help, either.

And then there's Spring Yard Zone with it's somewhat faulty assumption that those moving block thingies could physically crush Sonic. :psyduck:

18. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Just reminding you it doesn't have to be only the classics here :)

Anyway, this guy [​IMG] *always* seems to gets me at some point in Launch Base Zone!

I mean, this is the only one that doesn't launch its spikeballs (apart from the Ice Cap one, but they can be dealt with by a lightning shield), you can't kill them with Sonic's insta-shield, and you can't kill them without first having to lose your rings and become temp-invincible (either that, or you get the 2nd player [Tails] to kill it for you) either

19. MikeTH

MikeTH

Ohio
    It's because the engine in Sonic 1/2/3 doesn't like Sonic/Tails being pressed against walls, So in Sonic 1 it kills you instead of pushing you through a wall.

Anyway that pit in Sonic 2 probably takes the cake.

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Because the spike bug wasn't a bug. =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.