don't click here

Amy's Appearance

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HighCaliburFun, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I prefer her old art, actually. Red on pink is kinda dull.

2. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I liked the old design, as seen in the official artworks. She looked very young and cute when she first fell in love. Sonic looked young and cute too. That opening and closing of CD will forever stay as one of my favourites renders of Sonic in animated form. I didn't mind all the crazy colours at all.

I don't mind Amy's new design. I have some irks with some stuff however, especially her quills. She doesn't look much like an hedgehog. Having those quills with a wilder and ruffled look would be better. The prim bob doesn't suit her and she'd look better with something between what she has and what Sonic has. Difficult to explain. Along the lines of Sakura from Naruto after she cut her hair I guess, even more ruffled if possible.

3. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    The funny thing is Amy's not wearing any panties in Sonic the Fighters. I saw up her skirt once and she's naked under there! (although there wasn't really much to see though.) It doesn't matter as it is shitty older Amy anyway.

4. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I like that, it doesn't give the impression that she's wearing the scalp of a hedgehog for those quills. You see, I perceive a seam between her face and quills, and that among several other things about her makes me see her as horrifying.

5. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

I like Amy's old design way better than the redesign. It seemed more descriptive of who she was (especially her Sonic like quills), and the colors green and orange can work, because it's usually primary colors (red and blue right next to each other) that slams into your eyeballs. Add the blue shoes, with her white socks separating the pink and it's an okay color scheme, it's just a little more complex than what we see for most Sonic characters. Oh, and pink it just red with white added to it, so her fur and her green blouse are almost complementary colors as well. I know it's an old complaint, but a pink hedgehog wearing a red dress makes it come across like she's a Valentine's Day toy or something related to Christmas.

6. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Damnit, I can't unsee that now. :psyduck:

I think one of the main reasons they changed Amy was to make her look older (they also used that excuse to change her in the Archie comcis). Her old style made her look like a fangirl kid. I'm guessing Sega wanted to change her to be a full-blown love interest for Sonic, so they changed her.

But, there is one thing that old Amy did bring us...

[​IMG]

:eng101:

7. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I prefer her newer look myself. Her older look isn't that bad though.

8. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    I think one of the reasons why they changed her appearance is so that she could be more believable as a character; most girls don't dress all froufrou past a young age, and her new style makes her look more like a fashionable girl.

Sonic probably still makes her wear her old outfit every once in a while when he wants her to be kinky. :v:

9. HighCaliburFun

HighCaliburFun

I gotta juice! Member
    USA

LOL, her and that hammer. Shes always amusing to watch when she gets carried away with it.

0_o....... Wow, just wow, LOL

10. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Looks like she's got rabbies

I'd hit it

11. Tongara

Tongara

Fuck YOU! Banned
    Birmingham, UK
    Zorbtech Productions
    I love you <3

12. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Rascal was underperformed in my opinion. We could've have some amazing character there, since she started as awesome, but then they just made her rabbies insane instead of sadistic and that was the end of her being interesting.

Eh, lol. I kinda saw a deviantart like that once when I was checking for her old school fanarts.

13. Flare

Flare

Well I don't mind her looking the old way if she was ever depicted as a younger age, but her age and her design make sense since shes getting into wearing more fashionable things. Though neither of them bad I do prefer the new one, the old one looks too much like if she was Tails age.

14. tonic41

tonic41

Sonic game code name? sonic classic
    I like the new amy Better cause pick and red go together.
    Edit: sorry slow... pc.

15. RevFirst

RevFirst

Not that I care about the character but I much prefer her old design. Better a fangirl than some "love interest".
    Plus, she even has some charm in that rabies pic.

16. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Old Amy was tolerable. New Amy is the first character I'd have euthanized, even before Silver and Shadow. "Cute" is the only style that works for her, and it doesn't help that she's always been a completely worthless addition to the series.

That's the thing, isn't it? They're trying to make her more believable in a series where nothing was ever meant to be believable. This is the one hurdle they're going to have to get around before I can even bring myself to care again.

17. I've never been a fan of Amy. None of the styles.

Haha, I colored that. :)

18. Tongara

Tongara

Fuck YOU! Banned
    Birmingham, UK
    Zorbtech Productions
    I like jailbait Amy the best.

19. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    New Amy, hands down.

The old design isn't horrid, but like old Sonic's design takes design cues from Mickey Mouse, old Amy seems to take from Minnie: Looking near-exactly like her male counterpart with tertiary sex characteristics added in. Like people have pointed out before in this thread, she's pretty much Girl-Sonic. And her color scheme is all over the place like something out of the 80s.

20. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Old Amy did have a reason of existence: Getting rid of the meatfest that was going on in the series. She's the Peach to Mario, the Zelda to Link, the Krystal to Fox. Cream, on the other hand, was something they had still lying around in the fridge and decided they didn't fuck Sonic up enough yet.

Frigid, furry fan-wanking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.