don't click here

Amy's Appearance

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HighCaliburFun, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighCaliburFun

HighCaliburFun

I gotta juice! Member
    USA
    So I had always thought it was funny how Amy took a dramatic change in appearance over the years. Dose anyone else, aside from myself think shes actually looks better in current day appearance? I always thought having her spikes down instead of being flared out like Sonic's looked a lot better for her. The new red dress also seems to suite her better then the one she had in older titles. She has definitely came a long way, and I personally think that it was for the better that she ended up the way she did. Anyone else agree?

2. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Yeah, I'd bang that spiky little bitch for sure!

3. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I agree 100%. I don't think "Pink Sonic in a dress" is a good look for her. She looked like a fancharacter. And green, white, orange and pink? Kind of a strange combination. Btw, her dress is red, not pink.
    Edit: I started posting before jasonchrist.

4. HighCaliburFun

HighCaliburFun

I gotta juice! Member
    USA
    It is, isn't it? my bad. lol

5. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I agree, modern Amy looks much better than classic Amy, and it's really almost entirely due to better color usage. How they managed to get all those colors in for a sprite amazes me. The new spikes thing is a nice change too.

6. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Well, I kinda like the old outfit, it looked cool...Im not really sure which style do I like better, however the old one feels cute and the new style is more mature and feels like a young lady, not like a little girl....

I suppose the old one has a japanese feeling to me, and the new one is too...american maybe? don't know why but that's what I feel...

7. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Amy's new design is something out of a Lovecraftian horror, the redesign hit her like a ton of bricks.

Amy's old design was actually pretty distinct from Sonic, thought Sonic's redesign ruined it. Her eyes were larger versus her head, or depending on the expression, her head was smaller and her eyes were the same size. Her eyes are now the same size as Sonic's, or even smaller. Her quills were longer and thinner, but Sonic's new design ruined that. She also only has five, and there don't seem to be any on her back. Sonic is now the one with larger eyes and longer hair.

8. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    [​IMG]

You all know it to be true, fashion thief!

9. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    Nah, she didn't steal it, she commissioned Honey to make a new dress for her.

10. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I hated the change at first but looking at it now, her old look you could say is when she was still fairly young and first fell in love with sonic, now she is older and like all girls actually does something with her hair :P

11. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Doesn't anyone think she looks a little more like a female Knux/echidna, than a hedgehog at times (if she had Knux's eyes)?

if... you see what I mean

12. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    I had a theory back when I was a retarded noob that she went back to Little Planet and used the Time Stones to make herself older

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That's not too far off from Archie's reasoning for why Amy got older. She used some kind of power ring that made her a couple years older than she was.

14. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    I remember trying to make a sonic advance hack awhile back (maybe the first one?) and came up with this.

[​IMG]

I was kind of a fan of her old look, but the new colors are much, much better.

15. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    I donno, I've always prefered the Fleetway Amy tbh

[​IMG]

Donno why though

16. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I'd like someone to try to take her new hairstyle and make a retro/modern design. Neither design fits in a hack well. :v:

(Classic Amy is blegh, and the new Amy doesn't fit well along side a classic Sonic and co)

17. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

Agreed, particularly the hair. Made it unique, but still hedgehogish.

18. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    She could have got older normally and then traveled to the past, you know.

19. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    See my avatar and the link in my sig.

20. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I've seen Deebs' Amy sprites, considering she goes to another spriting forum I go to. Good work but I meant a design change, not just a sprite. :v:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.