don't click here

The Seventh Annual Sonic the Hedgehog Hacking Contest!!!

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Ayla, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destructiox

Destructiox

Masochistic Maniac, Raving Lunatic Member
    East Midlands, England
    Sonic 1 Lunacy.
    :3

Still majorly WIP, but I gave ayla the first complete pattern~

2. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Yeah Oerg, I just split all your whiny crap from the thread. I'd advise you not to restart it again either.

3. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    IMO, it should be 1 entry per person....

4. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    I agree, with group hacks being an exception.
    As an example, say Person A and Person B are helping Person C with a group hack but both Person A and Person B are also working on single projects unrelated to the group effort, those 3 entries should be allowed for entry, right?
    Also, if Person C is working on both the group project and another single project, how would that work? Would both be allowed for entry, seeing as one is a group effort?

5. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Yea, with those exceptions. 1 Single effort submission, and 1 group effort submission per person would make sense.

6. Why? People would just put all their ideas into one hack anyway, so it wouldn't be any different. And even if it was, it's hardly going to have a positive effect. 1 hack that was focused on by the hacker is going to be better than 11 hacks thrown together in a rush =P

7. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    Limiting entries is not a good thing. It stifles proof of concept creativity and makes people choose carefully what to submit when they might have two or three excellent proofs of concept. That's why I allow unlimited entries.

Updates to hacks will no longer be accepted after 9/18/09. This gives you the rest of the week to iron anything out. Results should be released within the month after the 18th.

8. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Oh shit we can still update? Sweet full speed highway and a 100% save comin right up.

9. Ayla

Ayla

West Linn, OR
    update time is over, thanks for all your entries!! Results will be released eventually, most likely when I get around to judging the last couple updates and chatting it over with the other judges.

10. neonsynth

neonsynth

Previously 'SonicVaan' Member
    Germany, Stammbach
    gaming and music production
    *cough*
    Well, how's the result's progress anyway? =P
    I'm just too excited.

11. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    We'll let you know when the results are ready. ;)

12. Mikel

Mikel

Ok, Awesome, I can't wait to see the winners of this year's hacking contest.

13. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Could you at least tell us when you THINK you are finished please? Will you be done before the year ends?

14. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Can you not be patient? :O They'll be done when they're done.

15. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Ok, so check it. I'm gonna lock this topic until they're ready to announce the results. Then they can either unlock it or make a separate topic.

Court is adjourned.

16. Ayla

Ayla

West Linn, OR
    Results will tentatively be released tomorrow on skype / podcast. More information will be given when we're getting ready to do it. If not tomorrow, then within the next week, but you can be sure it will happen between tomorrow and the friday after =) Once again, we thank you all for your entries. This year's contest would not have been the smashing success it was without all of your fantastic contributions =)

~Julia Voets

17. iojnekns

iojnekns

trouble keeps you runnin' faster Member
    I am ridiculously excited.

18. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    For the noobs who entered this year the first time, how can I listen to the Skype-cast? :U

19. Tarheeltim

Tarheeltim

I'll make sure to ducktape my headset together by then.

20. Alriightyman

Alriightyman

I am back... from the dead! Tech Member
    Somewhere in hot, death Florida
    0101001101101111011011100110100101100011 00000010: 0101001100000011 01000101011001000110100101110100011010010110111101101110
    I'm assuming the "podcast" link at the top of this webpage next to "irc" and "about".

Anyway, I am excited to hear the results! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.