don't click here

What do you think I could do to this?

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Lobotomy, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I want to mod this thing until it is unrecognizable.

[​IMG]

The only problem is, I'm worried that I may take power away from the Genesis if I overdo it. How feasible does that sound?

Give me your modding ideas! I'm thinking of giving it a paintjob, some LEDs and maybe an IR mod.

Also, I am willing to rectify some problems with it and I need your advice.

The buttons rub up against each other, making it tough to press them. I have a couple tricks for this, but your ideas will help too.

The joystick isn't all that great. It doesn't cooperate as well as I'd like.

2. Saw this Retro Joystick for the PS3 that looks a bit like yours. It also has rapidfire- something you could do if you have a 555 timer chip and some capacitors and resistors :) Though you prob already have rapid fire. Yes LEDs for when you press buttons. I also like see-through stuff but that would be effort making your own case unless you found a seethrough acrylic case for electronic devices already made.... (which you can probably buy). I think those clicky joysticks may have microswitches in them or basic clicky push switches... you could probably easily put some plastic in between switch and stick to improve the response. I have a similar thread here about a Game Gear and Master System, check that out too.

3. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    This one has rapid fire, the joystick is controlled by push switches, and I may try that.

4. Cool. I have modded my playstation portable d-pad the same way, as the early models had poor d-pad response for games like street fighter, so cutting a piece of plastic or even cardboard will much improve the responsiveness. Very simple and easy to keep tweaking with different thicknesses of material. I still have the piece of cereal box inside my psp, and have never looked back.

5. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    I just had mine replaced with the D-Pad from a SNES, honestly.