don't click here

General Project Thread & Feedback

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Vangar, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    I'm guessing he just thinks everyone from the Project Retro will come work on this project now instead...

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    And this also isn't the Project: Sonic Retro lamentation thread. You know where to go for that =P

3. I think test-subject meant that, because Project Retro failed, we will have more people working on S2HD. However, I don't think that's true either...

4. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Ahw, for FUCK'S SAKE. You're the SECOND on this forum! :argh:

Well, that was what I had in my mind, but mainly with new members in the mind. Sonic 4 (or Retro or whatever) sounds more promising and less restricted than Sonic 2HD. With the project dead, there will ONLY be Sonic 2HD.

5. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    We've got lots of stuff on the DB, from easy to hard remasters for anyone to grab and draw!

But remember, besides the consistent core additions on S2HD, the sooner the art is completed the faster NEW content will be planned. (Levels & Features).
    So, less talk and more drawing guys! ;)

6. Lol. Sorry about that.

7. wangle

wangle

suggestion to make the emeralds animated instead of static,
    there are other games to see an examples
    also there should be gleams like this
    something like the following, only not as poor
    [​IMG]
    [apng]

another thing is the monitors` 'noise' perhaps should not be too obscure while running past them so as to hide their icon, maybe simple is better:

[​IMG]-[​IMG][it is very slow in the web browser, open it in gif movie gear for a better idea] :)

[​IMG][update] B&W part. hmm.. it is uncomfortable to the eyes.

I should mention I was not suggesting anything wasn't good enough, in fact all the things have seen so far have been fantastic

8. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    Excellent proof of concept Wangle.

The Emerald sparkles will get shiny if not even more the one you've animated. ;)
    About the monitor concept (2 frames only, right?), it correctly looks more a CRT than an LCD crystal clear display, but there is no B&W disturb on it and may tend to be just abit bland. (why don't you try to expand it with about 4 frames more?)

9. wangle

wangle

10. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    Wohoo!! That was a nice trio Wangle! ^^

Seeing your Flash skills, what about officially aiding us on remastering this?

[​IMG]
    This is the original 4X BG changing screen used for options.

*4 original frames required, 8 frames preferred for smoother animation

11. Speaking of the SEGA logo, have SEGA made a higher quality version of the sega sound that we could use? Or are we going to use the original?

12. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    Loving it alot, but as per legal issues NO Sega logo neither audio will be packed into! :)

13. Never thought of that. I assume we'll have the Sonic Retro logo instead. Are we going to have anyone saying "Reeet-roooo"? :thumbsup:

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    There's a high quality ADX that was used in one or two of the Sonic Compilations on GC/PS2/Xbox, yeah. But what Vincent said =P

15. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    What, do you plan on selling this? Because unless you are, to my knowledge there's no problem with including the logo; after all, several fan projects do exactly that and absolutely nothing has happened to any of them. I severely doubt this will be any exception to that trend.

16. Metal-Geo

Metal-Geo

Toot toot Member
    To get the 'high-definition' feeling, someone should hire an entire orchestra and choir and make something beautiful with this idea. :v:

Niiiice. I like this effect. Not sure about it going black&white though. But I like the distortion effect.

17. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member

Wow, nice thing you made with my emerald, however...don't know if we are gonna use the v1 or the v3 emeralds... v3 are pixel perfect, the v1 are just originals n-n

About the monitor effect...mmm It good, however, I would leave it in colors, not grayscale...

18. wangle

wangle

19. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Really nice, I used to practice that efect in Flash 5 long time ago xD...

I think that this background like this, speed up of course, should be perfect.

20. wangle

wangle

some color ones of the tv patterns:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [speed problem solution - frame delay set to 2 is actually faster than 1 or 0. applies to APNG too.]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.