don't click here

Sonic and the Black Knight

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I think the Crush 40 is one of their better songs, and they do it quite well. I haven't listened to the All Ends version much, but I don't like it as much.

2. I just played Sonic and the Black Knight all day one day and I have to say...it's a bit lacking. There's only ARTIFICIAL length. You know it better as grinding if you've played an RPG. I have to say that it's...alright. The music is good, it hasn't quite become annoying yet...and the squigglevision in the cutscenes is VERY nice. It's all...cut-and-pasteish how they present the interface, and it's pretty well done. As for the gameplay...if I could think of ways it could've been better, I would, but nothing comes to mind. It's decent, if kinda weird at first. And mind you, you don't have to swing the WiiMote like a fucking idiot, just flick it and save yourself the muscle injuries. :P

Caliburn fondly reminds me of Captain Steiner from Final Fantasy 9 because of Sonic easily pissing him off at times. XD Speaking of which, the dialogue isn't half bad either. However, this game isn't compeltely amazing, I'll tell you that. The context-sensitive mini-game you have to go through every time you want to give rings to a townsperson feels weird and is kind of unnecessary. In fact, having them IN THE WAY is unnecessary! And I never really had a need to guard myself against status affects like "poison" or "confusion", so I thought that was going a bit far. And it all feels...short. Sonic 2 short. At least if you sorta speedrun it like I do. All in all...

...Sonic and the Black Knight is a game that could've had more to it. It's not fucking horrible, but it's not completely awesome either. 7.5/10

PS: Amy as the Lady of the Lake IS THE PERSONALITY SEGA SHOULD HAVE STUCK WITH FROM THE BEGINNING!!!

3. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    Just beat the game up to the real ending. It's a nice game, this one'll definitely be played the most this month.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, I'd like to clarify what I said about the spinning-homing-sword-chain attack.

When you jump and shake the Wii remote, Sonic does the spinning-sword parts of the attack. BUT, if you try to homing attack an enemy (which they normally brush of because they cannot be defeated by quills that do not sparkle with the power to repel evil) THEN shake the Wii Remote before making contact, Sonic will plow through the enemy and any others near it in a quick and timely fashion. By far the BEST way to take out an enemy.

4. Personally, I like the original With Me and Live Life. I actually enjoyed the entirety of Face to Faith.

Also, oh no, slow songs! Heaven forbid Sonic games have any musical depth!

As for Tales of Knighthood, I'm really enjoying Misty Lake and Dragon's Lair. I also like Knight of the Wind -Acoustic Ver.- because it sounds a lot like Stairway to Heaven in parts. >.>

Side note: I kind of messed up on some of the tags for both of the albums. Here are the updated tags for both albums:

Tales of Knighthood: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=39HZHCO0
    Face to Faith: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M1LCJOLE

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Thank you, the Tales of Knighthood link actually works now =P

6. The reason they didn't work previously was because Tales of Knighthood was removed by Megaupload. :P

I only put the two albums up again to reflect the changes in tag information. Once they're up on Shadow of a Hedgehog, I'm going to take them down again.

7. The Pulse

The Pulse

Okay, how the *orange* do I 5-Star Titanic Plains' Go for the Goal mission? I've tried the strategy to equip Poison Ring with the soul barrier skill on and Blade Break Soul Surge every enemy, but so far the best I can get is 4 stars. I even help the 3 townspeople, and yet I can't get the 5 stars.

8. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Just listened to the vocal album. Knight of the Wind is still good, but Fight the Knight and Through The Fire are so lacking in structure, they sound like level music that happens to have Johnny Gioeli singing over it. With Me is surprisingly good, considering Marty Friedman has only made really boring stuff since he left Megadeth. In fact, the intro sounds like Megadeth in the Cryptic Writings-era. I didn't have the patience to sit through Live Life, since it was shaping up to be the token hard rock ballad that I hate. I only skimmed through the rest since it's remixes and instrumentals, but it's nothing special.

9. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I like the music but the thing which really turns me away is the reused tunes from old psx and other games, once you know where it's from it ruins the album.

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Which ones are they? I know Molten Mine is a remix from some of Tommy's older work, but I wasn't able to spot any others besides the theme tunes.

11. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Great Megalinth, The cauldron and Molten mine are all from Black Dawn, a psx and saturn helicopter game, it's all I get stuck in my head when I hear these tunes as I loved that game so much and it's music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ImwFkpXGB4 <-- Molten mine

Just realised you seen the youtube already, there is a thread somewhere on here which I brought to light before all those youtube comments :psyduck:

Edit again, seems all of tommy's work in BK is just reused old music from black dawn, nothing new.

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Mind tracking the Black Dawn versions of the other two songs?

(Also, maybe it's just my mind operating slowly in the morning but, Sega fanservice and Tallarico being too lazy to compose new music aside... Black Dawn... Black Knight.)

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    My apologies to anyone who liked it, but I couldn't get into that Seven Rings in Hand remix at all. I was relatively looking forward to it after enjoying Dreams of an Absolution, but eeehhhh I'll take the original over it.

Also, does anyone else think that C40 should stop doing those "Whoooah-oooh!"'s in the songs? It always seems really odd to me, and kinda alienates me from the song. Most C40 songs I like are devoid of that.

14. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I think Sonic needs a restraining order against Johnny Giole.

15. The Pulse

The Pulse

I myself think Giolei should voice Sonic.

16. Simple fix: Don't like it? Don't listen.

I find Johnny Gioeli's voice perfectly acceptable. We don't need a "Crush 40 isn't as good as it used to be" discussion here.

I also liked Bentley Jones' cover of SRiH.

Also, remixing themes from older games into newer ones isn't always a bad thing. Sonic Team's been doing it for years.

17. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I'm not saying they've got worse, I'm saying they've never been good. Jun is awesome, Johnny is not.

18. The Pulse

The Pulse

But I like him. D:

He's like the charismatic person who binds C40 together with his eccentric shenanigans.

Direct quote from Johnny Giolei while on stage during a concert:

Way to work the crowds, Johnny.

In all seriousness though, why do you think they were never good?

19. In before the "They're not as good as the other bands I happen to like" excuse.

20. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I also never said they were worse, per se, I'm just saying it sounds weirder to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.