don't click here

The Complusory Topic where you must talk about...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Insert Coin(s), Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insert Coin(s)

Insert Coin(s)

Broletariat Member
    ???
    IT
    THE SOUNDTRACK TO SONIC R

Don't even try to deny you don't love it. No doubt, when your grandma bursts into your room and tells you: "Dinna's a-ready!", you scramble to find the remote, not to press the Mute button, but rather throw at the TV in great desperation, hoping it will somehow turn off the crazy music, which you fear anyone else hearing, for your phobia of embrassment. But if she weren't there with her burnt meatloaf, you know you'd be gettin' jiggy with that funky music!

Now, talk about this magnificent triumph of humanity, the Sonic R soundtrack. Can You Feel the Sunshine, Livin' in the City, Super Sonic Racing, Back in Time, Work It Out, Diamond in the Sky, Number One, and everything else in between.

2. It was enjoyable, at the least. It's just that, like a lot of Sonic-related audio these days, it's freaking embarrassing to listen to it in front of others.

I particularly liked Super Sonic Racing, of course. Even with half the song being a fade-out.

3. SlushBox

SlushBox

bored with living Member
    Back In Time is the best song in the game. Nothing more...

4. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I like to play Can you Feel the Sunshine backwards, cause I've got one of my little brothers scared of the Tails Doll.

5. Thorn

Thorn

Tech Member
    Home
    Sonic 2 Retro Remix
    Vocals --> Off

Wow, the soundtrack suddenly became half-good!

...and that's why I've never quite understood the singing complaints when you can turn the singers off. :P Granted, the words play during replays, but eh. Also I've never been too concerned with others hearing such music: I use earphones a lot.

EDIT: Holy fark, three replies in 60 seconds beat me out while I was typing.

6. Insert Coin(s)

Insert Coin(s)

Broletariat Member
    ???
    IT
    Sorry to say, but your opinion is wrong.

THIS is the best song in the game.

7. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I've always been partial to Diamond in the Sky.

I never actually heard it until I played the Gems Collection version, because as a kid I would always play the last level as Super Sonic, which would change the music. It was dumb.

8. I still sing living in the city in my head every once in a while when I'm on the train to the city in the morning.

9. Jeiku

Jeiku

I love Sonic R's soundtrack, and it's the only Sonic game which I feel does vocal tracks consistently right (as a game with plenty of them). I really love "Living In The City" and "Work It Out," and I enjoy the occasional "Super Sonic Racing" every now and then. I'm also a fan of Richard Jacques's music for the series, so listening to the songs with or without vocals does well for me either way.

Only song I'm not particularly partial to is "Number One," though. 'Least it's not as mind-meltingly abysmal as "You're My Hero".

10. I've never understood the Tails Doll's association with Can You Feel the Sunshine, since he's unlocked in Radical City... then again, CYFtS got acknowledged as creepy even by the Gems Collection remix.

11. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Perhaps it's because it's the FIRST track music you hear in the game, and the FIRST and only game with Tails Doll in (Not counting Sonic Adventure, cause, even though they look similar, those Tails Dolls don't have the crystal).

Personally, I find it funny how they just slapped a coat of paint over The Ring, and everyone freaks out about it.

12. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    The soundtrack is so cheesy, yet you'll never be able to stop yourself from humming to it while playing Sonic R. =P

13. I never really understood why the internet was full of people shitting themselves and typing badly written posts about a pretty average looking unlockable character, but that's the power of 12 year olds and the internet for you.

14. Cap

Cap

Yeah, the whole Tails Doll thing is just random. It's a sheep cult. A few people start making up this Tails Doll curse and all of sudden everyone feels its cool to be a part of it.

Never actually played Sonic R unfortunately. I did have a copy at one stage, that simply didn't work. But the music is not my taste for a racing game. I liked this style of music during Sonic CD's animated scenes. But during racing, no thanks. Then as something to listen to casually, yet again. No thanks. It just doesn't gel. Music to race to, try the soundtrack for Jak X. A bit serious for sonic though. For a sonic racer I'd rather be listening to classic upbeat sonic style tunes. Something like Sonic Riders had.

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
  16. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    I actually despise Sonic R's soundtrack.

Well, except for the instrumental version of Super Sonic Racing. That kicks ass.

17. Yuzu

Yuzu

Sadly enough, Sonic R's only good song was Super Sonic Racing. And boy, was that cheesy yet awesome at the same time.

18. Tau

Tau

I used to love the soundtrack when I was younger. I even recorded it onto a cassette tape so I could listen on my portable player.
    Now the first thing I do when playing the game is turn the vocals off because I can't stand them anymore. Super Sonic Racing is tolerable though.
    On an unrelated note, I actually like You're My Hero. >_>

19. Vaiyt

Vaiyt

Oglio p'ru çeu Member
    It's fun. Do we need any other justification?

And then come the people who leave themselves out just to think they're cooler, and then try to act like they're superior over the internet. Do you guys want a cookie?

-

Tails Doll is just a meme. People are not "a part of it", they just run with the joke. It's like saying that people who make Chuck Norris Facts are a subculture.

20. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Oh yeah... Like you haven't just been singing that in your head while reading it. :v:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.