don't click here

Messed up visual effects - SADX

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SF94, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    OK... I've noticed this a lot in SADX PC (and I hope this hasn't been posted before...), and never really bothered to show anyone, so I'm posting it here...

The changes in these screenshots are pretty obvious, but they can only be seen when the game is paused. Here's the green shield, for instance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lighting on the monkey robot things aren't even good looking, they're just screwed up;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I haven't played the GC version in a while, but has anybody noiticed this on the GC version (Unless it actually works on there. Like I said, I haven't played it in a while D=) of SADX? Aside from the screwed up monkeys, I think the shield looks kinda cool =P

I'm gonna check the other shields and stuff, then edit this...

Comments and what not?

Edit:... How in the world did this get in engineering? x_x

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    So what exactly is the comparison about? Certain things looks wonky only when the game is paused? (Also, is detail level on high?)

3. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    ... Yeah, basically. I want to figure out WHY it does that though, and possible get it working completely when the game is unpaused (shield at least). I of course failed to mention that in the first post...

4. Yuzu

Yuzu

Tried updating your Drivers? Might sound dumb, I guess it's just a bug with the game.

5. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Um, coming to think more carefully on it (I was playing Kid Chameleon when he posted this =P), wasn't this documented some time ago already?

6. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Yes I believe.

Anyway, all that happens is the game turns off lighting on those objects when the games paused. There's other objects that do the same.

7. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    All of my drivers are up to date.

That's obvious with the monkey, but I don't think that very much explains the shield.

8. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Yes it does. It does the exact opposite. It turns on lighting on the shield when paused.

9. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    Hm... Think it can be hacked back to "ingame" gameplay?

10. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Yes easily. Just change the specular lighting on the model in sonic.exe. At least, that should work.

Why does it matter anyway, I can hardly tell the difference in the shield pictures.

11. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    I don't know how well known it is perse, but I've known for years that there are certain exceptions that apply for the 'pause' state that perhaps shouldn't. For example, any untriggered dolphins will show themselves when the game is paused. Try it on the last island in emerald coast, you'll see them near the thinnest part of the island in the middle of the S turn. It is probably a remnant of testing or debugging object behavior programming.

12. Compsense

Compsense

NC, USA
    some dance album or summat
    A bit off topic, but .. that game looks fun O.o why have I never played it before

13. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Yeah, why... HAVEN'T you played SA1 yet? It's, like, the only good 3D Sonic game.

Well, debatably - I also like SA2, although not as much, and a lot of people here will vouch for Unleashed, which I personally don't like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.