don't click here

roxahris' amazing topic of free music

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by roxahris, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    So, have you ever wanted new music in your hack... but didn't know how to get it in? Didn't know who to ask to do it for you? Can't use xm4smps? Don't know what a tracker is? Horrified at the mere thought of messing with MIDIs? Well, you've come to a great place! For the time being, I'll do music requests for anybody who asks! That's right! I'll convert, or even port music for you, if you ask.
    Note, however, that some songs cannot be converted - either they are too complex, or there are no MIDIs for them. Or I simply hate the song. But ask anyway!
    You may wonder; how do you know these songs will be decent and not the half-assed garbage that's made in five minutes full of timing issues and ear-grating voices! Well, because I'm known as pretty good. And since then, I've improved. I'll just show some examples of what I've done here.And... yeah. I don't have much else to say. Or do. I'm always really bored, which is why I'm making this thread!
    Songs that have been done/requested/held aside:

2. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Nice to see that you're offering your amazing imports to other hacks. Unless you have the time of helping me make my version sound decent (for some strange reason it doesn't sound right at all, not even changing voices help), would it be possible to have your Crystal Egg import for Sonic Gear (mine and SGR's hack)?

3. Shaonic

Shaonic

Nice to see this too, can you port Wily Stage 1 from Megaman 1: Wily Wars?

4. roxahris

roxahris

Doing anything at all
    Sadly, no. The songs for this game, if I remember correctly, are in an odd format, and Puto is the only one who knows the music pointers. Ask him for it... he'll probably give it to you, seeing as it isn't the Wily Stage theme from Megaman 2 >_>

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I suggest making your songs a first come, first served sort of thing, based on the potential of the hack in question; it'll be kind of boring if everyone has the same music in ever hack, don't you think? This of course multiplies when the hack in question is nothing but a palette edit, and a bad one at that...

It is nice that there's a chance for some people who aren't musically inclined to have some pretty awesome sounding music in their hacks, though! Hopefully this can improve the quality of hacks whose authors excel in certain areas, but fail at music. :argh:

On a totally unrelated side note... I could have sworn Apotos was supposed to be for someone in particular, but I can't remember who it was for the life of me. Mind holding that one off to the side until I can figure out, though? I did provide the arrangement, after all. ;)

6. c1owd

c1owd

Previously 'CarrascoZX0' Member
    So we give you a MIDI and you will convert for us?

7. roxahris

roxahris

Doing anything at all
    Well, that's actually what I was aiming for. I forgot to write it in the first post, unfortunately.
    I hope so too... when a hack has neat layouts and stuff, but all the levels have either their old music, or music that's been overdone, it kinda irks me.
    Well, I was only providing those songs as examples. Really, anyone can request any of my songs, or any different song... but seeing as you've said so, I'll hold Apotos to the side.
    MIDI, XM, even just a song name. I don't really care; but there's a chance that if you give me a MIDI I may end up using a different one, in case it's too complex. XM files are okay, but it would probably be easier for me to convert MIDIs myself.

8. c1owd

c1owd

Previously 'CarrascoZX0' Member
    Well I guess I'll go first...

Can you convert the song:

Sonic Advance 3 - Versus BGM 7

And one more question... Do you do ports from other games? Such as Dangerous Seed, Sonic 3D Blast, etc...

9. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    I'd like to have:
    Knightmare - Majou Densetsu. If it's up for grabs, that is.

Also,

Sonic Unleased - Spagonia Day stage.

10. Mikel

Mikel

I'd love to have:

Metal Gear 2 - Frequency 140.85 - If it's up for grabs
    Megaman 9 - Wily Machine - If available, even though I don't have the cymbals because I can't seem to add a single DAC Sample to the Clone Driver.

11. roxahris

roxahris

Doing anything at all
    Sorry, SOTI bet you!
    Tut, tut, tut. Directly linking to a MIDI on VGmusic? You should be ashamed of yourself. I'll take a look, though.
    Yes! I love those games' music, anyway. I don't make any promises, but I'll attempt any music port requests I can.
    That's okay; you can have it!
    Will take a look at it and potentially give it a shot; however, the song seems rather complex. No guarantees.
    Weeeeell... I dunno. Okay, sure!
    Sorry, but no. Songs with custom DAC samples won't probably work or sound well for other people...

12. synchronizer

synchronizer

Would you make a 32x version of DS Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney (1) Cornered variation please?

13. Shaonic

Shaonic

Then I'll take MM9: We're the Robots and Wily Machine.

Edit: Perhaps "The Final Battle" from Final Fantasy IV?

14. UtopiaUK

UtopiaUK

Sonic 3 Resort Island
  15. roxahris

roxahris

Doing anything at all
    No.
    I don't do 32x songs.
    Information about your hack? I don't just give out songs to any old guy; I have to know what hack it's for first. And, if you actually read what I said before, you'd know Wily Machine is not up for grabs. And... neither is We're the Robots, now that I realize it.
    Why a .zip file? Can't you just tell me the tracknames? Either way, I'll take a look, but I'm not good at the Z80 version of SMPS.

16. filmzombie

filmzombie

The real spindash... Member
    England- The Land of Tea
    Sonic Synthesis
    You've already told me getting tunes from Spinball is impossible.

However, how difficult would it be for the following games?

1- Mega Bomberman (I'm thinking Boss Theme, Vexin Volcano and Asteroid Zone)

2- Gunstar Heroes

3- Chuck Rock 2

4- Toejam and Earl

My hack currently is a complete pallette change and layout change of Sonic 2. Later on I intend to feature a chaos emerald- in stage element, like Sonic 2 GG and I also intend to change title art. Levels themselves will be Act 1- Running, Act 2- Platforming (without being a bottomless pit bastard)

Its one of those things the more I learn the more I'll do with it. But currently, it is just a complete redo of pallettes and layouts so music would be really beneficial.

Do you perhaps have the collection of S3K or Sonic 3D songs? Some of them might prove useful.

17. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Ok, I loved the Knightmare track you gave me.... so

Knightmare - Into The Battle... please? :(

Seriously, awesome work, roxahris.

18. Drummerguitarist

Drummerguitarist

I bet you'd like to know...
    Sonic Expedition 32x
    Rather than requesting a particular song, I would instead like to make a different request, if at all possible.

I would really like to learn how to properly use XM4SMPS and OpenMPT for myself. I have used MadTracker before, albeit not very successfully, and I've failed miserably at XM3SMPS when I tried to use it. I want to do this so I can actually make decent music for my hack. Also, I think it would be a lot better for me if I didn't have to request songs like this or only use ports.

:words: : I know I'm kind of new here, but I do want to improve my skills. Since you're really good with music and you're giving out requests, I might as well try asking...besides, there's the old saying, "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for life."

I would be grateful if you could help me out on this one.

19. roxahris

roxahris

Doing anything at all
    Due to GEMS.
    No. Custom sound engine.
    Very hard, if not impossible for a few songs. Treasure modified SMPS quite a bit for the engine used in their games.
    Nope. Custom engine.
    "Nada". Custom engine.
    Specifics, please. I'm not porting EVERY song in a game for someone just because he thinks a few "might prove useful".
    Hahaha. I was gonna throw that one in as a bonus! Sure.
    Lowercase 'r' please.
    I'm planning on making an xm4smps tutorial one of these days. But... I'm a bit busy nowadays. I don't do individual tutorials either, sorry.

20. synchronizer

synchronizer

Genesis version then please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.