don't click here

Badniks & Bosses Art

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Vincent, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acaeris

Acaeris

Sugarcube... Member
    Wow, I've been away a while. Anyway, I've just started on the Eggmobile base, only doing the basic shaping at the moment.

Here is the current progress, please make suggestions and comments as I would like to get the shapes right before I start messing with the shading and additional details. Top image is the shapes with no fill, bottom has basic colouring so that you can see how the object looks as a whole.

[​IMG]

(Warning: the image will update with the latest iteration as I make changes)

2. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    Could you post the original sprite for comparison? Yours looks good but somewhat squashed horizontally. I can't be sure without a comparison with the original, however. (Irrelevant now =P)

Also, it should be noted that someone started work on the Eggmobile base many months ago, but has since apparently dropped off the face of the internets.

3. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    Nice move Acaeris. ^^

Now, about the front panel:

[​IMG]
    -Green mark!

4. Acaeris

Acaeris

Sugarcube... Member
    ok, I did read it before the update :( I didn't realise I'd saved it when I did an upload to my server so the image here updated. Will finish the changes tomorrow evening, work tied me up this evening I'm afraid.

5. An update
    [​IMG]

does anyone have a screenshot of it in game?

6. Acaeris

Acaeris

Sugarcube... Member
    Updated. The left most part of the outer plating disappears behind the ball but I have pull the point a little lower. Adjusted the screen's bottom curve and fixed layering issues.

[​IMG]

7. DistroyA

DistroyA

I WOD LICK A SONIC 2 ROMS Member
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    My own artwork
    [​IMG]

Me thinks the side panel of the front of the eggmobile should be a bit more curved, as I've shown here. Also, the vector needs editing so the front orb underneath isn't behind the large black orb.

8. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Mmm maybe I can give it a try with a shiny metallic style at that thing and improve some things... Meh, I need to download Photoshop again... I did a format c: last weekend ^^U

Edit:

Well, this is not a recreation of all original pixels, but a high detail version of it... Mmm I know, it look glossy, I need to edit the shades...

[​IMG]

9. DistroyA

DistroyA

I WOD LICK A SONIC 2 ROMS Member
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    My own artwork
    Elratauru, that WIP is WIN. Keep at it.

10. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    That's pretty sexy.

11. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    Considering my first thought on seeing that was 'Holy crap', yeah, I'd say you should definitely keep cranking on that.

12. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    Wow El! ;)

It's spectacular to see all these little details you've added. ^^
    Don't forget to post the image at correct 4X, and degloss it abit, but yeah as a start, it's much more than promising.

13. Elratauru

Elratauru

Mmm maybe, I will make any changes in the shape even if that don't follow the original sprite, I like nice details and shading ^^

Thanks Vinc, I know, Im not drawing at 4X, I can resize the image later, I just wanted to add all details I can in a high res.

Im gonna continue this today I think ^^

14. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    [​IMG]
    Looking closely at it, there's only a perspective problem to fix, which I've marked in red. ^^

I honestly feel this will set a standard for S2HD bosses art, keep it going like this! ;)

15. Elratauru

Elratauru

<!--quoteo(post=293538:date=Mar 26 2009, 10:07 AM:name=Vincent)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vincent @ Mar 26 2009, 10:07 AM) [​IMG]

16. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    That's very great, EL! ^^

While I'd like to see it tweaked further on shiny spots (some of them are too bright), please do upload it on the DB so it can be improved on! ;)

17. Elratauru

Elratauru

Ok, Im gonna upload it right now ^^

18. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    As it is, it's looking magnificent, but I'm wondering whether it's going to suffer the same curse as the rings. Could you post a recent version of it within the mockup that's widely being used so it can be compared with the rest of the game's art?

19. Elratauru

Elratauru

Well, thanks, but first I want to upload this to the database...but, I need a hand here people, my connection sucks and I cant upload 20mb without timming out... so I cant upload anything on a http... someone can lend me a Ftp to upload this until someone can upload it to the database?... I hate my connection ^^U

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.