don't click here

Your Opinion on Shadow

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Cap, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobody forces you to run fast. You can quite happily trod along Apotos annoying a pelican, destroying peoples personal property, finding medals and enjoying the scenery. It's not like the Ranks do anything in the game.

2. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
    Pretty much going with the majority on this one, he was great in SA2 but he should've stayed dead in the games. Because he just plain wasn't well written after that.
    only enjoyed the fact that shadow the hedgehog bridged some story gaps, other than that it was shit.

He's still alright in the comics in my opinion though.

3. Anthall

Anthall

Spambot Member
    Leicester, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog - The Final Showdown
    Shadow is a just a little gimmick to attract little kids to the Sonic universe due to his "mature" nature of holding guns and his cursing in the game.

4. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    should have stayed dead. It is better to leave at the height of your popularity than outstay your welcome. The fact he is a 'Mystery' is irrelevant. If he died on the ARK, we wouldn't see him again and he would be clouded in the mystery forever more - which is better. But now, he is still here, and tries to act as though there is still a mystery to be solved, when there isn't. That attitude gets boring, fast.

Plus, we know more about Shadow than anyone else. Considering it isn't his series, that's ridiculous.

5. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Except for the boost pads. Then there's the "secret rings" sections, without the boost, you seem to randomly be hit from nowhere if you aren't boosting. And have you tried doing a run of Jungle Joyride without boosting? I had to get creative just to avoid dying.

6. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
    Knuckles still being the original "rival" character for me.

7. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Shadow is a pretty cool guy, eh doesn't afraid of anything.

Anyway, I think most of us can agree all the new characters are gay, so whatever.

BTW, what was his name originally supposed to be? I heard that Sonic Team was mulling a different name and I liked that name better.

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Terios.

9. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    I don't get the Shadow hate. All of the Sonic characters pretty much suck, Sonic included, and they all suck for the same reason... that being terrible writing and worse writing direction. People only single out Shadow because of the sheer amount of attention he got by the terrible writers in two games. His roles lately have been rather minor and as terrible a game as '06 was, it at least had him drop a large amount of that annoying irate amnesiac characteristic he had in his titular game.

That said, I agree with the whole berserker sentiment.

10. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I believe the monument in Sonic 3 and Knuckles was the cause of his resemblence to Super Sonic, as mentioned in Sonic Battle. Gerald was researching the ruins, and discovered the Gizoid, later known as Emerl.

11. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    WHAT

Is Sonic Battle necessarily canon?

Also, shitty plot aside, Shadow is just the 'evil twin' cliche, as has been mentioned. Shit, if Sonic Adventure 2 came out in the 70's, Shadow just would have been Sonic with a van dyke beard.

12. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    I don't really love him or hate him. It's his obsessive fangirls that I dislike, especially the ones who think he's "sexy" or "hot". I have no idea how the heck anyone could see Shadow as sexy. Anyway, like it or not, It looks like he's here to stay, and he does contrast Sonic's happy-go-lucky attitude. I can't help but feel he has overshadowed the main characters (Sonic, Knuckles, Tails) a bit too much, so I'd like to see him slightly less overused in future games. Other than that, I don't mind having him there.

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
  14. The rollerblades are what ruined it for me.

15. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Bringing shadow back after SA2 was an odd one, there seems to be several stories which allow shadow to return like he is a clone, didn't die, different dimension etc, way way overdone and fucked up now because of it.

Not to say they should have left him dead, but used him a lot less.

16. Joss Whedon did Firefly right?

17. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    That's true. He has some weird thing with killing off characters and bringing them back to life.

18. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    I would appreciate Shadow—and every other character, for that matter-- if they made him funny. You know, a kind of "Aloof government agent who facepalms at your stupidity" kind of guy.

Knuckles should get some lines from this Author. Witty, sarcastic, and not afraid to poke its own rep. That's the Sonic game I wanna see.

19. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Shadow = Best thing to happen to Sonic since sonic 1

TRUTH

20. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Troll harder, champ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.