don't click here

Sonic and the Black Knight

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    While I'm not entirely opposed to bashing the fuck out of this game, thus stopping me from wasting fifty bucks on it...

"invisible walls" - "invisible" = "walls"

There you have it, folks. Sonic Unleashed has walls.

2. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Sonic Unleashed has invisible walls all over the place.

3. KMMouse

KMMouse

UK
    Cinos - Battle of the Order Gems
    That might possibly be the funniest thing I've heard today, and I've been watching Comic Relief.

Classic. X3

As for the game, I've heard a lot of negativity about it, but I'll probably still try and have a game of it somewhere before I decide if I'm buying it or not. Other people's trends and opinions never matter to me usually, I always follow my own enjoyment factor. So I've got the wait and see mindset.

I just hope they pick a better subject matter for the next one, I don not enjoy Arthurian legend. Give me the Romans/Greeks any day.

4. Green

Green

Gonna learn how to hack :)
    O wow, this game is out already. (Checks watch)
    I read the IGN review already, they did a nice job.
    It seems like you have the werehog concept in 2 games, Sega seems to think that kids these days like to fight through endless enemies, which may be true. They just missed 1 thing: the repetitiveness. The game could have been as slow as molasses but been good if it was actually fun to fight the bad guys, instead of waggling through miles of them.

5. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    Jumping-Chain-Homing-Buzzsaw-Sword-Slash would like to have a word with you. :)

6. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Anyone remember going through the old Megaman games and getting frustrated when the odds turned against you and you tried to start just running away from all the enemies, usually only to meet your end due to some random screw up?

I still liked having that option. Sonic forcing people to stop and fight enemies has pissed me off to extreme degrees since Sonic Heroes.

7. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    See, to me, even though I have yet to play Black Knight, but when I do, if I 'enjoy' playing it and it is entertaining, I'll say it's a good game because it does it's purpose - to entertain. Personally, I'm weary of reviewers because...well...they aren't me. Nobody is 1:1 in this world in terms of thought of mind, and thus a review is just a matter of opinion and not what you or I should think 100%.

Of course, when it comes to games like Sonic '06, stuff is undeniable (glitches for instance). But, from what I've seen from gameplay, I think I may actually have some fun with SatBK, and could provide a few hours of entertainment if I'm ever bored one day. Yes, I know, the initial game play can be short if you know what you're doing, but look at games like Sonic 1, which can be beat easily in an hour or two, if not less.

All in all, I play a game for enjoyment, so we'll see, but from what I've seen, I think I'll enjoy it when I play it.

Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't dislike Black Knight. You all have your own opinions, and if you hate the game, I can't change that. The thing that I find is, the gaming community, in regards to Sonic games, seems to treat them too hard and demands too much. If you look at IGN, they pumped out a number of anti-Sonic or Sonic-critical materials lately, which I think reflects this statement. The general consensus, from what I saw, was negative even before the game came out, just based on a number of screenshots. Personally, it just seems that people need to sit back and enjoy a game for what it is - entertainment. This doesn't just go for Sonic, but all games in particular.

8. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    I understand the concept of enjoyment, but I don't understand the word enjoy with single quotation marks around it. Does that mean its fun, better than doing nothing, better than eating paint chips, what?

9. Ice Sonic

Ice Sonic

Ice Cap
    No, I am not working on any hack, fanart, or website.
    But that game was released 18 years ago. It's normal to finish it under an hour, but with games that are released these days you should expect a lot more.

10. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Oh, that reminds me, I forgot to mention my thoughts on that.
    The first rival battle I actually tried, and used up a few lives in the process.

Then I realized I could win by just holding forward and swinging the remote back and forth.
    Using that exact same strategy, just holding up on the analog stick while swinging, I managed to beat the first 3 rival battles in under 30 seconds. (Not sure if there were any after Blaze, I haven't touched the game since then.)

11. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Nothing really happens after that. You fight the Black Knight, there's a plot twist, you can play as the other characters (but only within certain stages), and then there's the Excalibur-Sonic fight, which was okay.

12. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
  13. Green

Green

Gonna learn how to hack :)
    Maybe they could have given Sonic a sheild instead. He already has quills sharp enough to saw through metal in less than a second. Not sure what he would do with a sheild, either, but maybe it could be like a bumper and he could bounce of enemies and projectiles with it? Stupid idea, but maybe it could have been a fun minigame.

14. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Okay how the fuck do I beat king arthur

I've tried just ramming the red things at him over and over again and avoiding the close combat sequence but there's no boss healthbar so I have no fucking clue if it's actually working

And I've tried going into the CC sequence but every time I do I always get hit no matter what and I also have no clue if I'm hitting him or not

wtf

also is this the end of the game? o_______O

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

Jump into the Air, and use a Soul Surge attack. After that, pretty self explanatory.

And, no, there's a bit more to the game.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yep, we already got the pages set up on the wiki. We just need the requisite CD leaks and we'll have them put up on the website.

It's the false ending. From my understanding, there's a "last story" type deal after the credits which is about another hour or two before the final credits roll.

Yes, the game is that short. It relies more on replaying to maximize your scores and unlocking all the other items in the game than anything else.

17. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Okay I finally figured it out, jumping helped. But damn, that's not obvious at all. And why is it too much to ask for the boss to have a goddamn healthbar?

18. Okay I'm seriously pissed off. How do I convert the ADX files without the static noise, I read the posts throughout the thread and I know people have been successful but I've never tryed converting these new kinds of ADX files before.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

19. Rokkan

Rokkan

You speed-down a bit doing that.

Sonic Unleashed has a lot of parts which you're in the middle of two walls with very few left-right movimentation freedom, and seeing from this way, it's not very different from Secret Rings. Dragon Road for instance is even worse than Secret Rings for that matter.

20. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    So, the formula for calculating the value of a Sonic game is:

S = L / A2
    (Where S is the quality of Sonic gameplay, L is the amount of LOLSPEED present at any time, and A is the amount of times negative acceleration occurs multiplied by 100,000,000)

:argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.