don't click here

Favourite Sonic Catchphrase

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Cap, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cap

Cap

When you think about, Sonic's had quite a few catchphrases. Some have been meaningless and no one remembers them, others are remembered by just some, whilst others have left a fairly lasting impression.

But the basic question is, whats your favorite catchphrase from Sonic. It doesn't have to be from hedgehogs mouth, it can be from anyone at anytime throughout the whole series.

2. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    "Just letting Knuckles pilot the shuttle on the way over here was more dangerous than you could ever be!"

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Well the current one right now is

"You Blue pest! ROAR DEATHCALIBER", only because the Black Knight spammed it like 100 times during the final battle.

I used to like "I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog". Then Griffith had to take a dump all over it and now it's not cool.

4. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    The accent changed, and the "-hog" in hedgehog sounds...almost streets-of-brooklyn-ish. Makes sense, both actors are from different sides of the country.

5. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I don't like Sonic to be talking enough to have a catchphrase.

E: "Road Deathcalibur" sounds like something from Bleach.

6. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    This video sums up this topic. My personal favorite phrase is "Long time no see!" Overused and a bit annoying, but I find it catchy.

7. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    "Lets get MOVING!"

This one made me laugh when the used it in Unleashed after it being in '06. I laughed even more when NTom64's reaction to it in the HellFire Commentaries playthrough was an almost hysterically pained "ITS GONNA BE IN EVERY GAME...I can't get away from it!"

Pops up at about 1:15

8. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    "Gotta Juice!" - Most likely due to the Americanized merch put out shortly after Sonic was released. This slogan and other rhyming catchphrases (such as "Time for fun, homework's done!") have been implanted so deep into my memory, it's all I can think of when discussing Sonic quotes.... except maybe "You're too slow!" or "FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM!"

9. shana

shana

balls Member
    Financial Hell
    Recording Sonic Music on live guitar/bass.
    Bummer may Hores. D:

10. One from AoStH still sticks in my memory: "Time for the keys, please". Yeah, it's pretty stupid.

"Long time no see" is probably my favorite from the series, since it not only is overused, but implies that there's a large period of time between each game. But my favorite? Anything relating to "faker" from SA2. Because that doesn't even feel like a real word to me.

Just due to its context, "Sonic's the name, speed's my game!" is another good one.

11. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Those videos are great.

I like this one myself.

Also, "I'll nail that Eggman!" and "Look, a giant talking egg!" from Sonic Adventure.

12. Franz

Franz

ALL OF THE LIGHTS Member
    *sonic cd jump sfx*

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    "You're too slow!

Damn right they are. :)

Sonic has an awesome, cocky attitude, and he's had tons of great lines over the years. I'll definitely be reliving old memories in this thread. :(

14. Graxer

Graxer

I liked "I'm Waaaaaiting!" that was used in AOSTH. AOSTH was the first time I heard Sonic talking and so I still see it as his catchphrase to this day. Also the word "slowmo" and the expression "I hate that hedgehog!" come to mind.

15. Cap

Cap

From the early Sonic Cartoons
    "Lets do it, to it" I dunno why I like it, maybe it's just one those you liked as a kid thats stuck with you.

Honorable mention for "find the computer room" I hate any youtube poop crap that uses it, but I'll admit that it's hilarious when used right. I used it myself once, for a comic called Special Stage that I'd did ages ago. Pretty gud stuff.

16. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    "You may know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to stop me as I know everything you're going to do!
    STRANGE, ISN'T IT?
    "

Sorry, just had to :P

17. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Several years ago, I could recite the entire fucking movie word for word. I'm glad somebody brought it up.

18. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I think Sonic Underground actually has some pretty decent catchphrases.

"You're so slow, you're standing still!"

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Either the aforementioned "Look! A giant talking egg!", or just the simple "I'm Sonic! Sonic the Hedgehog!".

Of course, when in Werehog form, when he said "You know me. Never a dull moment." That sticks out to me for some reason.

20. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    "Let's show him the real power of teamwork!" or the equivalent thereof.

"Aw, yeah! This is happenin'!"

I of course prefer Eggman's catchphrases and lines over the years:

"GET A LOAD OF THIS"
    "Don't get so excited, boys...those were the easy ones!"
    "I'll just take them from you by force... the hard way!"
    "Why you little!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.