don't click here

Sonic : Super Deformed (SSD)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Hitaxas, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Tedious Toyland Zone much? (Throwing an idea for the level name of that second picture)

Looks fabulous.

2. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
  3. Namagem

Namagem

USA
  4. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Aww, I wanted to be the first to port a Pulseman level. :x

That art looks really nice, though.

5. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
  6. SmashFGM

SmashFGM

Looks awesome. I love the Sonic sprites and the level itself looks cool.

Good job.

7. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
  8. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Right, a few things... first, I really like the layout. However, the object placement sucks. And I mean sucks. There are barely any enemies underwater, let alone above it, and the most I saw were placed rather... oddly. The springs seem to be fine, but nobody likes hitting a spring and then hitting an enemy. Please fix your object placement.
    I like the actual art... a lot. However, it looks rather bare underwater. Some parts had what looked like some vines or something... why not put those everywhere? It would look a lot better than random things of coral, especially with them.

9. filmzombie

filmzombie

The real spindash... Member
    England- The Land of Tea
    Sonic Synthesis

I don't think there is anything wrong with the object placement. The instance with the spring...was clearly bad gaming. I would have hit that fly first anyday. As for enemies underwater and look- well, possibly but those things more or less come down to taste really- I don't mind in the slightest.

I like the way you can vaguely see the springs bounce back. However, were you just aiming to show off with that airbubble? I mean, Jesus Christ man you clearly spent too much time airless after passing the FIRST one!

10. I'm pretty sure he posted that video to test out the HD function in youtube so he wasn't really aiming for 'perfect' game play.

As for the object placement, ever heard of WIP? He's showing off what he's done, stop bitching about the things he hasn't, in this case object placement.

Edit 2:

Do you read the description rox?

''Just a test'', he said it TWICE.

Edit:

Oh, and collision isn't done either.

11. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Just because it's WIP doesn't mean it gains automatic immunity. It's because he isn't done that makes the criticism more valuable.

12. First of all, this is my hack as well. So I'm defending IT and not Hitaxas. (Co producer fgts)

Second of all, it's like saying "Sonic 2 beta sucks because it has bugs." It would make no sense. It's not done. You can't judge something when it's not done.

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Uh... if you post something on these forums, expect it to be judged. That was the entire point of making it public, after all—HD tests aren't really relevant to our interests.

Chimpo is absolutely correct—criticism is more important during this stage, not less.

14. I don't expect it not to be judged—I just expect it to be judged at its stage of completion. So you can't judge it if it's not done as if it were done. (I can't find the right words, my engilsh still sucks? D:)

So what I"m saying is that judge something at its point of completion. But yes, you're right. It should be criticized.

15. filmzombie

filmzombie

The real spindash... Member
    England- The Land of Tea
    Sonic Synthesis
    Perhaps a future suggestion would be to label elements you do not want critisised just yet, or rather state elemenets you wish to focus on more.

For example, if you only want to focus on say- movement or level art then say so, assuming a certain aspect you are aware isn't complete thus doesn't need critisising.

However, like I said. I thought the object placement thus far was just fine. Those springs are something you could spot from a mile away, maybe first time round it would be tricky but otherwise they become incredibly noticable.

16. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    So, umm...where's Silver?

17. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Not in yet, I'm guessing, but I have seen some Chibi styled sprites flying around somewhere.

18. Yeah, Silver's sprites aren't in =P. Sprites aren't exactly everything anyway.

19. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    <!--quoteo(post=272948:date=Jan 26 2009, 11:03 PM:name=Aquaslash)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aquaslash @ Jan 26 2009, 11:03 PM) [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.