don't click here

Sonic 2D Blast?

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Soselocke, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. filmzombie

filmzombie

The real spindash... Member
    England- The Land of Tea
    Sonic Synthesis
    I was just aware from what I know Jenny so far is our only primary hacker and from what was being spoekn in the early threads, there was need to use base levels in order to find similar gimmicks for the said zones, makes production time faster and the possibility of a demo more of a realisation. Whatever new art has been made will still be incorporated...so far as I know. It just means the level gimmicks will be easier to make/add to.

For Final Fight- really depends. For all of this new art we're really going to need a boss programmer so we can design them.

Its a fair point actually. At first I thought this would make him too easy- even if you don't consider my standards for challenging bosses but for some reason in my mind I just pictured the distance wrong with the ice blowers.

Saying that, we could just stick with the usual attack pattern, only keep the pits in there so it is actually still challenging.

2. Lopson

Lopson

About the Volcano Boss:

A shield on Robotnik would be a great addition, but I think it should only be active for a few seconds after hitting him. I mean, making the player run away from the fire and dogde the shield at the same time would be kind of harsh. Also, I don't know how the fire behaves in-game, but perhaps it'd be interesting to place a red spring on the walls, so as to make it easier for the player to dogde the attack.

3. JennyTablina

JennyTablina

Oldbie
  4. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    I'd say get rid of the white line on top of the second and possibly third quill. Replace them with a slightly darker color, cus I don't think the light's hitting them that way. Other than that, we have a winrar.

Also the volcano boss looks neat, are flames gonna shoot out of the pipe also? We kinda have to have that.

5. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Not for nothing, but if we're going to use a more S3D-esque palette, can we use something closer to the Saturn's? I mean, sure, it's higher-color, which is a bit of a problem (given palette limitations), but the colorscheme is much prettier than the Genesis' ugly color choice.

I mean, the blue is way too shiny (and cyan, for that matter) and his skin is friggin' yellow. It doesn't look right...

6. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
  7. synchronizer

synchronizer

I agree after looking at a Saturn version screenshot. The colors are a bit off for Sonic, so I think that Sonic's palette should be based more on the Saturn version, or at least on the Sonic 1, 2, or 3 and Knuckles palettes.

8. JennyTablina

JennyTablina

Oldbie
    We're using brighter colours with the new sprite. Heck the pallette colours are pretty close to Sonic 3's. He's just extra shiny (and taller)

9. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
  10. JennyTablina

JennyTablina

Oldbie
    Hmm I see what you mean about the sprite design, but I think the idea is to make it look like a rendered sprite. It might not help that I'm not really using a pallette at the mo. Plan on playing around with GraphicsGale to get the colours down better.

Also the shinyness seems to be an issue. On one hand I want to keep it because the Sonic 3D sprite was shinetastic. On the other hand the dimmed shine seems reasonable enough a compromise. Otherwise we'll end up debating how shiny sonic should be and not getting anything done (assuming the sprite itself is fine bar the palette issues)

11. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Sonic 3d's sprite wasn't that shiny. Half the sprites had no shine, the other half had way to much shine.

The ones that were at more of a 2d view had little to none.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  13. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    I don't get the point of you guys making him look like Sonic 1, with a massive bottom spike.

In the 3d blast sprite, his feet are angled like Sonic 3, and his bottom spike is very small, not massive like you guys keep putting.

And also, it's pretty close to the Sonic 4 sprite that was an edit of yours, but then edited some more, with new shading to try and match Sonic 3d.

14. JennyTablina

JennyTablina

Oldbie
  15. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    [​IMG]

I tried. :\

EDIT:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:o

16. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
  17. Soselocke

Soselocke

MEEP MEEP MEEP Banned
    <!--quoteo(post=269290:date=Jan 17 2009, 04:31 PM:name=PC2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PC2 @ Jan 17 2009, 04:31 PM) [​IMG][/quote]

This looks excellent!

18. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Yeah, but that hand needs work, it's a solid white block right now.

19. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    How does the Marble Zone background work in the context of Green Grove? I don't get it—it doesn't seem to fit at all.

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Mock Ups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.