don't click here

Another Sega Employee Speaks Up?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TSSZNews, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sui Eel

Sui Eel

captan Member
    :) Opinions mate.

2. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    And yours is wrong.

3. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    The Sonic CD bashing is obviously sarcasm. Lurk moar. :P

4. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    I'm kinda split. While I concider 4chan to be the scum of the internet, I can't deny that every so often, the goose lays a golden egg. This could very well be an elaborate troll, it could just as easily be legit. Hell, if I worked in Localization for Sega, I'd be damned if I'd let my job go under jeopardy. 4chan is ultimate anonymity, for those who use it for trolling as well as those who use it to leak information to those who care about the series. I'm leaning on the side of legit, here, but I guess we won't truly know until he let's one of the admins give him a private check or until his predictions prove themselves.

Either way, this is quite an interesting topic to discuss.

5. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I see the guy on 4chan posting right now, but he's not on AIM. He's probably avoiding the large abundance of questions he'll be asked as soon as he chimes in finally.

6. Sui Eel

Sui Eel

captan Member
    Elaborate for me then. :v:

7. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    Sometime I think that Sega deliberately "leaks" information and encourages their employees to leave cryptic hints about future games. Seriously, things are "leaked from Sega's servers" so often that they're either doing it on purpose to induce buzz about the game, or they need to get better firewalls.

8. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I do believe that's what they call viral marketing. Not the most unusual way of advertising in this day and age -- especially because it provides a reasonable reason to believe that the next really big project is one that they're spending their time on, just like Unleashed.

9. Erinaceus

Erinaceus

I'm Hamilton Member
    That was their password? That's hilarious!

This "Wentos" does try to come across as legit, and some may want to believe them, but I remain a skeptic. It's too soon after the Andec blog fallout for me to believe this is anything more than some guy trying to stir the community pot by emulating Andec's prognosticating. And they're really the same kind of educated guesses any member of the community can make who has some basic knowledge of Sonic Team/Sega's grand business strategy and the will to make a prediction.

We can speculate all we want, ultimately this "Wentos" can only be validated in retrospect, just as Andec was.

Although, if it is true, at least now it seems that Sega has finally realized that Sonic's image to the public reflects Sega's image to the public, no matter how hard Simon Jeffrey tries to separate the two. As one Kotaku commenter put it to me: "Hey... Sonic is what got me into Sega... and now he's the only thing keeping me away from them". Their other projects will be avoided by the hardcore and fail so long as Sonic continues to be milked so callously.

10. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    I'm one of the biggest chantards I know, which is why I really feel that you cannot trust it for real information. =P

11. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Get out.

12. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
    Wouldn't posting it on 4chan make a bit of sense BECAUSE of the fact that few might believe you, though? Less chance of er, getting fired for going against your NDA or whatever? Eh, just chiming in.

13. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    This is something long believed in the Chronicles fanbase, however there are some things that not everyone knows.
    Those trailers had no music at all originally. The music there was added by Gametrailers or some other trailer site. This is not the first time this happens (happened with Brawl too) because sometimes they put random internet music in these trailers. Those tunes where never promised, they where never supposed to be in the game.
    But that doesn't mean that another soundtrack was supposed to be in the game.

Damn, if this is true, then all I originally thought of SA2 will be confirmed. I always thought that there was something weird with that game.

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    That would probably explain why it doesn't interest me very much.

15. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    That makes me wonder what Sonic Adventure 2 would have been with a bigger budget...

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Like Sonic Adventure 2: Battle I guess.

The Dreamcast was pretty much dead when Sonic Adventure 2 was released, I almost wouldn't be surprised if it was a lower budget title. The CGI is very minimal, and it seems like they did cut corners here and there with things.

I also remember Drummond saying the VA recording process was different, with their only real restrction as having to say their line within X amount of seconds.

Even so, I've played both versions into the ground, and still have both today. It's a great game, I guess it proves your game doesn't have to have several million dollars put into it to be amazing.

17. sonicteamUSA

sonicteamUSA

usa
    How is that possible?? That game is a technical beauty of achievment in Sonic Team's history. From its graphic details, to its sharp engine framerate, to its razor sharp gameplay.
    I guess they really dished out all their effort and creativity when they made it.
    I always thought Shadow the Hedgehog was the lowest budget for a 3d sonic game. Despite it still being an enjoyable game for me, I'll admit its graphics technology was very outdated, as was some of the engine work.

Sonic Adventure 2 is proof that sonic team can make an amazing experience regardless of the budget.....or maybe it's just that they were better with dreamcast hardware.
    Maybe they spend too much of their budget hiring CG studio's nowadays. Did you see the opening intro for Sonic Unleashed? That was way too over the top.

18. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Or it could be how, Sonic Team still gave a shit.

After the fall of the Dreamcast, Sega doesn't even give a shit about Sonic anymore. They just use him as a cashcow to keep them from going under. No one from Sonic Team really even cares anymore, they don't bother pleasing the fans and just cut corners to get it out by Christmas.

19. SlushBox

SlushBox

bored with living Member
    What about the PS3/360 version of Unleashed? I mean, it seems like the new team actually cared about making it good. Maybe it's not perfect, and it doesn't necessarily please everyone, but I think it's great.

20. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    You are right but still, the SEGA of today is just but of a shadow of the Juggernaut it was, in the past SEGA had quality products that could compete with Nintendo,and outperform other companies, heck even the Saturn, one of the worst system created by SEGA had a great build quality, to the point that mine still works, the same compare to my PS.

I think that when SEGA stopped making consoles their passion for quality diminished, then when Sammy acquired SEGA well we all know what happen.
    Still, I hope for the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.