don't click here

DeanSatan enters the fray!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by DeanSatan, Jan 15, 2009.

1. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid
    Post #89

both.
    I couldnt not say anything

I came here to defend my tyqing... but my keyboards broken.. so that will have to wait.

they don't encourage it but its a huge ego stroke to the leaker leaking both information and software
    fatbabies had its eiger, all boards have trolls... its all true mixed with lots of emotion and bullshit..and heckling..and doubt.. and more ego. I've seen guys fired for qirating roms then rehired because they basically were the only ones that know how to use the gear at that time or had knowledge into the innerworkings of the grey\blackmarket.

look at me coming out of the woodworks...

what was I going to say . . oh that and anything else comqany sqonsored is all consumer or customer research
    ideas, comments, suggestions thrown out there are not falling on deaf ears... marketing guys have interwebs

keeq your ideas to yourself. the qolicy is to send the standard `im sorry we don't acceqt outside submissions` letter and then adoqt\steal the idea anyway.

2. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I'm sorry but, what in sam hill did you just say?

3. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash

This is probably not going to help my case any... but could you send these screenshots to Takashi Iizuka (or anyone else in charge of a sonic project) and tell him/them now to get ahold of me?

screen 1
    screen 2
    screen 3

Thanks!

4. sonicteamUSA

sonicteamUSA

usa
    Heh, I've been trying to get ahold of Iizuka for along time. Besides, with no Sonic Team in the US anymore, do you really plan on actually moving to Japan?

5. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I'd be on the next plane.

6. sonicteamUSA

sonicteamUSA

usa
    It's great that you're ambitious, but honestly, showing a veteran member like Takashi who had done so many things for sonic, a couple of screenshot mods, likely won't get you hired like that. You need to show them what you're made of. Show them high quality digital art that you put passion into, show them Level Design maps that you've created. That's the stuff that'll definetly help.

7. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Or better passwords, because using "supersonic" as the password to access a private FTP isn't the best idea. Yes, I said it lots of times lately and I'll keep saying this, that was the dumbest thing in terms of security I've heard from Sega ever =P

8. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    We're sort of going off topic now, but I'm rather interested in DeanSatan's post. Are you saying that you're a SEGA employee? Are you the guy posting on 4chan? What's the deal? I'll buy the excuse that your keyboard is broken, but you definitely need to provide some more detail about who you are and what exactly you're trying to say.

9. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid
    not the 4chan guy
    ... just saying...
    keeq your ideas to yourself funny next qost looks like a guy offering ideas to the ether.

http://burningpress.com/dsatan/wintery.html

[STRIKE]oooh[/STRIKE] now its getting good.

10. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    He's not. Wentos hasn't logged on AIM but he's been rather frequent on 4chan.
    OK I think it's obvious you don't speak fluent English. Can you explain what that link has anything to do with the topic at hand here?

EDIT: Holy shit this guy is from SEGA?

11. Sui Eel

Sui Eel

captan Member
    I'm quite confused, what is all of this?

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Okay, so SOTI linked me to your wiki page in the IRC channel, Dean. I did a bit of poking around and couldn't really make out much of the credentials... until I saw your MobyGames page.

Are you seriously the guy who conceptualized the name "Ivo Robotnik"? If so, wow—I totally didn't expect someone like you on these forums! Sorry to hear about your keyboard, and welcome! :)

13. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    Tweaker.

What.
    Did.
    You.
    Just.
    Say.

Holy shit, my choice for joining this forum at this time was the best timing I have ever had.

14. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid

yes, and thanks if that sounds right

I had to join to resqond to comments about my horrible tying and game history credibility. the theme of bashing outsiders is not one I hoqe to receive. I don't mind being outed or talking. im one of the few that has attached their `name` to their actual identity and isnt hiding. im not being jerky or troll like.

re dr.x`s `one question` and the history qosts, he said he wanted to ask one question... so I answered one question.... it was his idea and the humor didnt translate I guess.

15. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    Holy crap, not only are you a living legend in the sonic mythos, but you also were a driving force behind some of the characters in DecapAttack? That was one of the obscure games that shaped my childhood!
    Man, It's awesome. As with above, my timing in joining here could not be better. I'd be honored shake your hand, if the internet allowed it.

Welcome, man.

16. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    W-what. The guy behind the name "Ivo Robotnik" is ACTUALLY posting on these forums right now.

Goddamn, this is pretty cool.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT HE NAMED QUACKSHOT TOO. THAT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE GENESIS GAMES EVER.

Dean, holy shit man. Welcome.

17. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    In the mighty words of Neogaf, It is the time to devour Crows.

Or something to that effect.

18. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    I'm not sure what to think of this Wentos guy. He speaks like a regular guy, and that makes me think he's more legit then not. But then again, I've seen people do that kind of thing just to boost morale for a series, or something of that matter. In fact, there was a second 'Dojo' of sorts for Brawl, and when he was found out, he said that he just wanted people to be excited, that's all. That's what I think Wentos is tying to do, if he isn't who he says he is.

Oh, and posting in legendary thread.

19. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Well I be damned, who would have thought that a topic about one Sega "employee", would have attracted the creator of the name Ivo Robotnik, but still the guy from 4chan should reveal his identity to Tweaker, If we want to believe in Wentos.

One question to Dean,if you don't mind, who had the decision of having different localize names for Dr.Eggman/Dr.Robotnik, was it the higher ups of Sega or was it the Localization Team?

20. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Wait, what? Is this real?
    If DeanSatan really is Robotnik's "father", he would be glad to see this old poll we had some time ago, where a vast majority of the forum said that we like Robotnik more than Eggman :D