don't click here

Another Sega Employee Speaks Up?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TSSZNews, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

Yeah, what about it?

I'm a full-time visitor of 4chan, and it's not the stupid place you think it is. At least not /v/, the section I'm a regular on.

People have this image that 4chan is filled with 14 year old stupid kids that don't do anything productive.

This image only applies to "/b/tards", the scum of the internet.

tl;dr 4chan != /b/

2. Sciz

Sciz

Whoops, missed the last line entirely. False alarm.

3. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Just a detail that bothers me... What would some guy in the localization department of SEGA know about Chronicles? Not only was it not made by SEGA, it was made in English to begin with anyway. Koji used to work with a guy who left her studio to work on Chronicles, so I don't know if there might be some info I could get out of him through her, possibly proving if that guy is for real or not.

4. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Like I said, he's AFFILIATED CLOSELY with Sonic Team. He knows what the deal is when anything happens because he claims to be very close to the core teams.

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    What did Sonic Team themselves have to do with Chronicles though? I'm willing to believe this is legit but at the same time that makes me want to call shenangians.

6. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    I don't know, really. Sounds fishy, and by that I mean that even if there's no real proof that he's lying yet, there's no proof of the contrary either. I'm quoting Koji here, "I'm betting it's a fan/troll who's done a lot of educated guessing and theorizing to sound official. Moreover, why the HELL would a SEGA Official goto 4Chan, of all places?" [...] "If SEGA could find a solitary single blogger, with absolutely no fanbase or popularity, and shut it down quickly, then how could they miss 4Chan? SEGA's been up Sonic Cult's ass for years, and everyone knows it." Have to say that I agree with all that; anyone among us would know enough to sound like an insider if questioned by someone who's not from the community. Anyways, I asked her if she was still in contact with BioWare and she says she isn't, but her team still is, so I'll see if I can find out anything about those supposed MIDI's.

7. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    I could give you an answer if he would sign on AIM. I hope he wasn't scared off from that article being posted.

EDIT: HE'S ONLINE. I'll give you answers soon.

[12:47] ***: To answer Kurosan's question on Retro, by the way, the Chronicles comment was more of a grapevine thing
    [12:48] ***: I didn't work directly with Bioware at all
    [12:48] ***: Nor do I work directly with Sonic Team
    [12:48] ***: That needs to be stressed
    [12:48] Somari1017: I told them that
    [12:48] Somari1017: your just closely affiliated
    [12:48] Somari1017: you're
    [12:48] ***: Affiliated enough.
    [12:48] Somari1017: Can you elaborate on that grapevine?
    [12:48] Somari1017: the*
    [12:49] ***: That's the answer I got when I asked about the missing music
    [12:49] ***: There's someone else in the community who knows about it too
    [12:49] Somari1017: Ahh.
    [12:51] ***: also, that guy on NeoGAF isn't me
    [12:51] Somari1017: I copy pasted this convo and censored your SN
    [12:51] Somari1017: Yea, I know
    [12:51] Somari1017: I saw that and lol'd

8. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    You're not "giving answers"--you're just reporting what he tells you. You have no idea if this is legitimate or a complete sham. No matter what he tells you over that client, he can't possibly try and confirm himself as legitimate without giving you a name and corporate email to reach him from. Period.

I can see the point people are making about 4chan and its anonymity, but I still don't rule out the possibility of this being the work of a true spider expert. I don't think anyone should jump to conclusions or cling to his words like the gospel, or they very well may be made a fool of if this ends up being fake. Better safe than sorry.

As I said in my initial post, nothing he has said cannot be inferred through outside observation. You don't need to work at SEGA to point out the obvious.

9. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    That's exactly my point. Honestly, all of that is pretty obvious OR could be theorized by anyone of us, who by now know SEGA enough to know how they tend to cut corners and make their decisions. If that guy didn't claim to be an insider, would any of what he's saying be worth making an article about? No, he'd just be a random member of the community speaking his mind out about stuff.

10. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Like he said, archive his information, and when the time comes you can hold it against him if he's full of shit.

I for one trust him. No one has general knowledge of the 360/PS3 and Wii port shpeal he explained yesterday. I've checked Wikipedia and other sites for any kind of expert information on that, found no such thing.

11. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    That could also be entirely fabricated, though, made even easier by the fact that their is no documentation covering it. It's simply impossible to know at this point. I want to believe it, because I like how he described the next main Sonic title, but I'm taking it with a safe grain of salt. As I told Tweaker on MSN, he's vague enough for it to be all guess work and already known facts, but just in depth enough for there to be some possible credibility.

So yeah, as you said, let's hold the information, and time will tell.

12. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    What, that they put little work into their PS2/Wii versions? I love the W-- I love the console called Wii (dodged a bullet there =P) and though it pains me, I could have told you that. The problem is that even in a year and a half, we really won't have much to look back to and confirm, because it's pretty much all stuff that we already know/believe. What can we hold him accounted for? Revealing the date of the next big game? It's obvious that they're gonna have one for the 20th anniversary, they've done it for the 10th and the 15th already. The only thing in there that could prove his involvement is that MIDI thing, so that's what I'm gonna be looking into.

It's not that I'm saying the guy is lying, it's just that he doesn't have much to say that we don't already know or can guess. I do appreciate him answer me though.

13. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    For the same reason Nintendo employees go to Something Awful?

14. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Well, he told me the game is only in it's preliminary stages and real development work will be started within the next month or two. Right now they are strongly focusing on outlining and archiving everything Unleashed did right, then improving upon it.

He said he would love to come onto the forums and explain his entire deal, but he's afraid of having his identity revealed and risking the chance of being fired.

15. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Again, that would only make sense.

Anyways, it's understandable that he would want to avoid that kind of trouble, after the recent events. It's not helping him, but it's definitely not something that we can hold against him.

16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    The only people who could have a chance of figuring out who he is would be the administration, and we happen to not be incriminating douchebags. In fact, I encourage him to confirm his identity with us privately—then we'll be able to end this back-and-forth shitfest over whether or not what he says is true. Also, I'm kind of tired of you playing the relay game.

So yeah—show us your trap card Mr. Mystery Man! :) (or something)

17. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    Yugioh references are why we can't have nice things.

...I have nothing constructive to say in this post, I'm sorry, I won't do it again Mr. Tweaker Man.

18. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Such kind words Tweaky~

When he comes back online I'll ask him. His laptop ran out of juice 10 minutes ago.

19. Sui Eel

Sui Eel

captan Member
    I've talked with this guy, I also have him on my AIM now too.

He had some interesting info, 80% of which I already knew.
    I've seen some crazy trolls in my life, so I've saved his conversation on 4chan for later use.

I'm going to keep track of him, but honestly, I can see some people in the game industry using /v/ as a place for some ideas.

The amount of people on 4chan is fairly huge, so it would be a good place to get some info, you just have to look.

(But it is endlessly hilarious thinking of how much shit they get to look through to really get opinions).

And oh god, so many people showing their true faceeeeeeeeeeee.

20. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    Hm. Why would he be on AIM and on a laptop at what is usually considered a working hour if he's at work doing what he purports to be doing?

This just got interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.