don't click here

Sonic Unleashed werehog levels are shattered

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Rolken, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but my werehog is level 29 in combat, and with the fun I had last night screwing with Shamar, I find that ur doin it rong.

Also, I find that when I do the glitch right, I get it about 20% of the time. 40% I don't. The other 40%? Dead Werehog. But yeah, this bloody rapes the levels. I've been choosing random walls to walk up to and glitch through - almost any one can be opened. I can see a large portion of the beta area from one of the sides of an abyss, but it's too far away to get any details.

However, it is possible to make the gap, problem is, it was 12:30 at night and I screwed up the one time I got the grab prompt to appear. It involves uppercuts, water barrels, and a ton of luck to not go flying/break your limited supply of barrels.

Also, XXA(?-?-x) combo in air is your friend.

2. synchronizer

synchronizer

3. corneliab

corneliab

After a bunch of practice, I was able to get to the Goal Ring at the end of that unused Adabat Werehog section. There's a ton of platforming and it's very satisfying to be able to clear it, though the lack of an automatic camera (thanks to the mission), the invisible water, and the funky floating platform physics can be really frustrating, especially considering that if you die once, it's all over.

The room with the goal ring was breathtaking. It looked cool in the video, but damn.

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I explored the area today while on a glitch testing run (which yielded bad results, but some sweet treats to share... see Unleashed topic for more) and it is a bit of a shame it was removed. However, since the data for these areas are clearly still in the game, I'm not quite ready to write out DLC missions using these areas exclusively in them. On top of that, Shamar's unused portion effectively doubles the level's size, making it the largest one in the game. There's an area to the left of Chun-nan's waterfall I'd like to explore, but there's no conceivable way over there.

5. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Spagonia's Entrance Stage is very interesting.

There's far more scenery than is visible without the glitch, albeit non-solid, and a large collision plane which exists in areas it has no logical reason to.

Also, the sewers are part of the same map as the main stage- in spite of the fact that, rather than using the elevator the whole way up, it just fades out. I wonder why?

Also: Beta button inside the right building from where you enter. I haven't the faintest clue what it does/did, though.

EDIT: On the other side, once you pass through a few non-solid buildings, there's a random barrel and potted tree in a half-finished alley...

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Someone hasn't played the Ratchet and Clank games.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Has anyone successfully tried using that same logic for the missing Adabat area in Shamar? The objects for Adabat exist only in an extra mission, so maybe the same could be said for Shamar? I've been able to get to the area where the goal ring appears and got killed by the enemies cause I wanted to save my Unleash gauage as much as possible.

EDIT: Found out that by exploiting this glitch to backtrack through stages you can fight an infinite number of enemies. In WI Act1 I got to the checkpoint before the long balancing part, turned around and glitched through the door. The area was totally empty- no decorations, rings, breakable things aside from the two keys placed in the keyholes to open the door. (If you lift out one of these keys then put it back, the door will re-open). Thinking that the enitre stage would be empty, I headed back to the grassy area and found all the enemies had returned. The checkpoint was there too, but it had already been hit.

EDIT2: So I finally got into the beta area of Shamar is the extra night mission. I'll explain something first- to complete the stage you need to get the yellow key from the balcony just above where you start. When you place it in the keyhole you can finish the mission by walking up to Shadi. Alternatively you can take it out and place it in the other yellow keyhole near the door to the desert area. Get all the other keys and put them in and it sounds like the door is opening- it ain't though. If you glitch through there now the place will have all the usual objects as well as enemies. Glitch through the door without placing all the keys and the fire isn't there but the enemies and objects essential to completeing the stage are (This is what I did because of the time limit). Continue to the end, and go to the beta area as usual. It still looks just as barren as before, right? Actually, no. Fall into the pit and behind you there is a pole on the wall the grab on to. Atleast one leftover item still exists. The catch is that you can't grab on to it because of the way that it's positioned with all the rocks. I wonder, if somehow you could get all the keys to trigger new objects to load AND get to the beta are in time, could there be any other removed content?

8. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I maxed out my werehog combo today so I will look at doing the glitches again, I just want to piss about XD

Also earlier today while doing a rooftop run speedrun I managed to make sonic get stuck in a shop, then fall onto the flat texture city below the level which has tons of bump mapping on it, was real odd.

*edit* right so I'm getting the hang of clipping through walls now and I can see how it works, the 3rd move in the combo makes sonic flip around but blocking as he flips over will keep him in that direction untill you unblock, so even if you just combo and block in a room you can start doing crazy rolling around or walk around with his feet up in the air :)

Not really found anything interesting though, clipping the floor becomes quite usefull in some spots. Right now I'm stuck under some wooden floorboards with no way out, fun times ahead.

9. artyfarty

artyfarty

You know that sometimes town missions loads into parts of normal levels (for example Shadi's one described above). What I'm thinking about is if some of those beta areas are (or intended to be) just places for missions to load. The reason to merge them with original levels may be the will to reuse some of original stage chambers. May be this beta area at the end of Shamar was a mission, which was intended to end in the same room.

Well, I can't check this because I haven't completed all the missions yet and have kinda bad memory, but some missions actually did seem to be partially merged with stages.

While other missions contain gameplay elements that wasn't added into stages for some reason, like falling whatever-they-called things in Shadi&Producer missions in Empire City.

Sometimes I think that they threw a lot of unused level designs and other stuff into missions, while some missions are certainly designed on purpose. The example is Food Thief Super-Hard Spagonia-day. The most irritating thing there are chekpoints which doesn't work however.

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The above actually makes some sense. One of the missions in Empire City takes place in Act 1 of Skyscraper Scamper, but in an area that is otherwise unaccessable. You can see the building from the regular mission (it has signs saying "Chao Beans", "Pachacamac Parking" and "Soleanna Hotel") but it's way far off from the course.

11. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    That is possible but most missions use a new or adjusted area, one of the night time act 2's is just after the normal goal ring location above a pit of nothingnes but if you try to glitch the door you usually go through in act 1 nothing is behind it, as in you just drop untill you die.

12. synchronizer

synchronizer

Chun-nan's Trailer and footage on the website shows that area. I believe it is the location where you do several Night missions, such as the "beat all enemies for the doctor one."

I think that all this unused content WAS originally going to be in the stages. Having access to some objets while in missions does not mean these areas were separate missions themselves. Perhaps these places WOULD have extra mission areas, but they would appear as part of the main stage. It is like Sonic 06. The whole level is pretty much loaded, and you can glitch into other characters' parts of the stage, except some objects are not loaded.

13. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I spent hours earlier messing about and didn't find anything other then what has already been found on youtube, but if you manage to pass a door without activating it you can skip fights to speed up the werehog stages somewhat.

Also you can pass the energy barriers but you have to keep block held down and "crawl" through, otherwise the collision is too thick to pass.

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Like I mentioned in the Unleashed topic, there's much more to Chun-nan Night too, and as I thought, it's on the left of the goal ring. You can't get there in the normal level because of an invisible wall, but you do play a stage on that side.

The first mission for the doctor in Chun-nan has you killing 50 enemies on that side. Partway through, you have to drop down a wall to fight the last set. If you stand on top before dropping down and move the camera around, you can see there's a climbable ledge on the other side of the pond, along with a torch lit road leading to more of the level. However, I can't seem to get over there. I can't get the walk through walls glitch to work right and if you drop down from the high point and look to the right, there's a climbable ledge around the perimeter of the level, but it's still too far to reach.

Also of note, you can jump back to where the goal ring was in this mission and walk back out to the normal level. However, there are absolutely no objects loaded whatsoever, so you won't get much farther than the midboss arena. Perhaps we should try and get some people to explore this area. The only downside is if you beat this mission, you can't play it ever again, so I recommend starting a file under a different account and play until the doctor in Chun-nan starts giving you missions.

15. corneliab

corneliab

The only downside is if you beat this mission, you can't play it ever again, so I recommend starting a file under a different account and play until the doctor in Chun-nan starts giving you missions.

...yes you can. Just select the mission from the World Map.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I don't remember having that one on my list. I only had ones that coincidentally had a medal in them.

Mind you, this is using my newest file, since I deleted my older one because of two glitches with NPCs, so I couldn't check even if I wanted to. But if I'm wrong, that's good then. More people can easily access the area and see what I mean.

17. corneliab

corneliab

Yeah, I just finished messing around in that region. I was actually able to get over to the place you were talking about, with the torch-lit road, though there's nothing particularly notable. This isn't surprising, considering that the area is merely a section from the mission where you need to collect snacks or something.

To get over there, you need to travel aross the railing jetting out of the final enemy location, vault off it, double jump, and then use XXA to propel yourself onto the slight foothold created by the yellow ledge. I actually made a video of it, but it would take quite a bit of time for Youtube to process.

18. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I have not done any of those minor quests at all so I'll take a look at some stuff also, but through regular play I think theres nothing left apart from the odd little thing that's nothing big to discover.

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Ah, so nothing as grand as the other two areas. Hm. Well, was worth a look anyway.

20. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    A rather amusing glitch, done as Sonic the Hedgehog in any of the village hubs:

Drift in any hub. Doing this still generates boost, allowing you to use the air boost. so use it, but pause the game right as you do. Sonic falls to the ground and stands there with the boost effect just sitting there in front of him. You can still rotate the camera. if you time it right, you can freeze the distortion effect on screen. Apparently, the effect doesn't follow Sonic, it just warps the middle of the screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.