don't click here

General Objects/Badniks

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Mobiethian, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    Small suggestion. Perhaps Tails' tails should be shown in his signpost art? It's looking rather blank. :/

[​IMG]

Just an Example. Made these a long time ago, not intended to be used.

2. Matwek

Matwek

I had an idea for a series of bosses.
    How about 7 badniks each designed around the 7 coloured emeralds? They would be slightly tougher and more agressive then a regular badnick but you fight them one after the other to create a sort of boss. Wasn't sure how it should work though, either the less emeralds you collect the more robotnick has so the more of them you have to fight as a sort of punishment, or it could be that the more you colelct the more you have to fight and in that respect its sort of like an extra challange for the people who take the time to go in all the special stages.

That and its a good excuse for people to have a go at designing 7 new distinct enemies.

3. synchronizer

synchronizer

4. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

5. Zenor

Zenor

flip the chessboard over Member
  6. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
    [​IMG]

Some small edits. Now it need swimming animation.

I think, that bottom one is better, but im not sure...

What you think?

7. [​IMG]
    I dig that a lot. My only beef with it really is that the back of its head kind of looks like feathers. I guess it's because of the length. Or maybe I'm just retarded...

8. Machenstein

Machenstein

So is this the Sonic robot Tails is going to fight or are we still sticking with Metal Sonic? Going by Chimpo's storyboards in the general project thread, of course.

9. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
  10. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
    I was thinking about underground zone, but I don't want to decide it myself.

About that robot. If tails Is actually fighting it, so...

[​IMG]

Stupid idea?

11. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    The whole point of the fight was to get something as close as a Sonic vs. Tails fight. A Tails vs. Tails fight doesn't seem that all appealing, at least to me.

12. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    To be quite honest, I'd rather see Sonic fight a Metal Tails, and vice versa.

Still, the art here looks fantastic! It seems detailed, which was all the bitching was about on the other forums. So you all seem to have got your benchmark for some of these. :v:

EDIT: Punctuation >.>

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    That's fucking stupid.

14. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

How about this instead, if you play as Sonic alone then you face Metal Sonic alone, if you play as Tails alone then you face Metal Tails, but if you play as Sonic and Tails then you will face Metal Sonic and Metal Tails together. It may be very difficult to program the AI though, it might be interesting to give them extra moves when faced together (metal tails can pick up metal sonic and hover over you to drop him, or metal tails could make attempts to grab you and metal sonic could attack you while 'pinned').

15. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    I kinda like this, but I don't think it could fit with the stories and the split paths in the General project & feedback thread. And maybe it's just me, but a metal tails just doesn't seem intimidating at all.

16. Phoenix

Phoenix

Has really been far even as decided to use even go Member
    Tails Doll? But that's the point. It isn't intimidating, meaning it's more of a surprise when the player ultimately gets owned by it.

17. Sailu Baru

Sailu Baru

France
    I think the previous idea that Sonic will fight Dr Eggma, Tails will fight Silver Sonic, and Knuckles will fight Fang is excellent.
    On the contrary the idea of a Metal Tails seems very poor. A such character is a little bit ridiculous. Then, just translating the concept of a metal character from Sonic to an other character is a sort of copy and paste without flavor.

18. I don't get all the Metal Tails talk myself. Metal Sonic is the perfect foe for Tails.

19. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I personally don't like the whole Tails has to fight Metal Sonic thing. Why not have it like Sonic 2 where each character goes through pretty much the same story?

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Every character goes through the same story except for the last stage.

You know, like in Sonic 3?!?!