don't click here

Zone 02 : "Circus Zone"

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Retro_Stew, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
    Blanche: Thats right.
    But let's try to get difference beetween carnival zone and this circus zone.

In those pictures, what Jayextee posted, there is lot of Blue red white and yellow.
    Using those colors whit circus stuff, we can make it look circus.

Matwek: Those look much, like art, what I posted in creative works thread while ago.

I think, that there is parts, what we should replace whit yellow and red.

Starwall and pole of those eggman bloks.
    [​IMG]

2. Matwek

Matwek

<!--quoteo(post=257925:date=Dec 18 2008, 07:14 PM:name=Thundertimi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thundertimi @ Dec 18 2008, 07:14 PM) [​IMG]

3. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

That look more like tropical texture of some crappy sonic game, like my hoax.

[​IMG]
    Click to viev full image, because details missing.

Let's just try those red starblox what I made.
    (Try it whit blue eggmanblox and remember import that pole of them)

4. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
  5. Matwek

Matwek

I left the blocks blank on purpose so people could add their own detail as its difficult to do something when there is already stuff there.
    As for the eggman blocks, they can be added at any point I just wanted to get the colours right before moving on, hence why I shrunk the size of the tile as its quicker to work with.

EDIT: and to roxahris. Not at all, nothing posted is final its all experimentation and edits are posatively encouraged, its the only way we'll end up with something good.
    I was hoping to add some banners or coloured tarpaulins to it but that was the bit I was struggling to get right

6. Rokkan

Rokkan

Okay, I did some sky for the background. Please note that this is not the completed nor the complete size of the background, this is just the sky. I'm also gonna do the land and the whole circus-ness of the background, but for now I want C+C about this:
    [​IMG]
    Nope, this is not going to play like Blue Mountain Zone. Every Act is going to pass through all different levels of the background, you do only see the night part of the background when you're really high up, a sign that a giant decline is going to be right ahead of you, kinda like Speed Slider Zone.

7. Phoenix

Phoenix

Has really been far even as decided to use even go Member
    Wouldn't the circus/carnival thing that Robotnik had set up have just got there recently? If it's a circus or a carnival, it would still have to travel sometime, right? which means, shouldn't we have art at least for the ground being more like dirt or gravel, maybe mud? Or if it's a pier like someone in the Tropical Zone thread said it could be, wooden boards possibly? And as for this:

<!--quoteo(post=259293:date=Dec 23 2008, 03:09 PM:name=Rave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rave @ Dec 23 2008, 03:09 PM) [​IMG][/quote]

Great job, although shouldn't the moon be on the other side? Since the sun always has to reflect on the moon for it to be that way. But, anyway, when the rest of it is added (the bottom), if it's a normal carnival, maybe some jungle behind it, since it's coming from a beach and going to a rainforest. Or, if it's a pier, the ocean. I'm guessing that the rollercoaster that was discussed before would be more of a mid-ground tile of some sort, since it can be changed but would have to be taken out when Sonic is shot towards it. For the art underneath the clouds, it would have to be different for each area (before/after the spring).

8. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    [​IMG]
    <333

I do believe we have a winner.

9. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Nice job Rave.
    You can do some amazing shit afterall :P

10. Matwek

Matwek

Im not too keen on the top part, the clouds remind me too much of 'worms 2' with the cartoon fluffy feel to things.
    Personaly I think more focus should be put on the sun set/rise part of the background (which currently I like). As for the tropical zone bits to make the levels match, I belive they can be saved for later, its not 100% decided if these levels will remain in order so there seems very little point in adding the final touches till thats decided.

11. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
  12. Vaiyt

Vaiyt

Oglio p'ru çeu Member
    Maybe we can even try matching the tile colors to the background, having a more orange/yellowish general tone at the bottom of the level and blue/purplish at the top.

I think I have seen this before, I just do not remember where.

13. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
  14. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    I would like to ask: What does the current Knuckles sprite look like against all that pink? Can we see a mockup?

It might need lightening/desaturating a touch, I can't be sure without seeing.

15. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Here's him just thrown in with Sonic and Tails, he doesn't blend in bad at all I don't think.

Also, replaced PC2's Sonic with Raves.

[​IMG]

16. Rokkan

Rokkan

<!--quoteo(post=261003:date=Dec 29 2008, 07:45 PM:name=Vaiyt)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vaiyt @ Dec 29 2008, 07:45 PM) [​IMG]

17. NinjaMan

NinjaMan

18. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

Since the special stages is getting talks of being a homage to outrun I think this level would also look good if it perhaps included a few little gimmicks such as a nights statue (or a big-ben like structure somewhere). I always love little sega cameo's, it adds an extra touch of identity to a game.

19. Phoenix

Phoenix

Has really been far even as decided to use even go Member
    Like the statue of Sonic in Daytona 2001 arcade?

20. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

I was thinking like the statues of robotnik that litter taxmans sonic retro game actually.