don't click here

Station Square hotel secret

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by flarn2006, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flarn2006

flarn2006

You know how you can use the Action Replay to do a moon jump in Sonic Adventure DX? Well start a new game, unlock Big, and jump into the hotel from the place where you start. (Jump over the building.) Now try to go to the beach. The door's locked! But look on the floor near the door. There will be two little green blocks, which are missing from those "doorstop" things near the door. And there will be green light coming from the holes they were in! Pick one up, and Japanese text appears. Put them both in their holes, and the door unlocks. I can't get a screenshot right now, but can somebody translate the Japanese text for me? Thanks in advance!

2. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I am interested.

3. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Yes, it is known (although barely) that SS used to have keys similar to mystic ruins, but I had no idea they were useable

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I've never heard of this before. o_O

Definitely looking forward to a video, a screen, or something. This sounds very interesting, especially since I have never needed to anything even somewhat related to what you've described in order to access anything.

5. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    Where did you find out about this? I've never heard about it before.

Without the aid of a screenshot/video (and being unable to play the game right this very second), I'm trying to build up a mental picture of what you're talking about, but this statement throws me. Do you mean you're stood in the hotel lobby trying to get out to the pool area, or that you're stood in the pool area trying to get back into the lobby (or, alternatively, you're in the pool area looking toward the metal bars that occasionally block the player from accessing Emerald Coast)?

This sounds rather interesting. Also, as you say you're trying to do it in DX, are you aware of a similar situation in the original version?

6. flarn2006

flarn2006

I've done it before in DX several times. I haven't even tried in the original. Also I know I read about it somewhere, but I don't remember where. It may have been one of those glitches guides. Oh, and when I do post a screenshot, it will be of the Preview version (you know, with debug mode and everything) but it works in the final as well. SADX Preview is the only one I have on my computer, and the user-controlled camera mode could be quite useful for taking the screenshot!

7. flarn2006

flarn2006

Here's the screenshot:

[​IMG]

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It says "Nanda kore", which means, "What is this?"

9. RyogaMasaki

RyogaMasaki

0xffffffff Oldbie
    The text is 'Nanda kore', meaning 'What is this?', although as Tweaker and I just discussed, it's a bit colloquial/slangy, and fits Big's sort of simplistic speaking.

10. RattleMan

RattleMan

Oldbie
  11. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    Just when I thought I'd seen it all.. that's a trip O_o I wonder if this has any use elsewhere with other characters?

12. Wow. Does this happen on the Dreamcast version as well?

13. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Oh, this wasn't known? I found out about this years ago, thought people knew about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.