don't click here

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LOst, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    To me, it would be worth a lot to have the music from CD Sonic 510 in the highest possible format. Does a proper dump exist? (probably not)

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    To my knowledge, no - ISO/MP3 is all that exists. Pachuka was able to make a BIN/CUE for 712 but 510 was never be able to be got hold of. iirc some hoarder in Brazil now has it.

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    There was definitely a rip of the music—Rlan had a few samples on SOST with the title screen and speed shoes music. Other differences in the soundtrack include a long Special Stage theme and a lack of fade-outs on each track. A rip definitely exists, though—I'd try contracting him about it.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Nonono, he means is there a higher quality one than the MP3 set that was available from the main rip - IE a BIN/CUE - and there isn't.

5. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    Sonic CD 510 is deep in brazil. It was dumped to an ISO/MP3 image several years ago and uploaded on a 56k modem. No BIN/CUE dump exists. I tried to track it down (like I did with all protos), but the trail stops cold in brazil like I said.

Sonic CD 712 was dumped to BIN/CUE by Pachuka. I wager a guess that the dump is bad.

Sonic CD 920 was dumped to BIN/CUE by me and it's a proper dump.

Hope that helps.

6. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Thanks for the info!
    I know you are doing everything in your power to get proper dumps. Just want to say how much I appreciate your work so far!

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I guess you've already tried contacting Profund Darkness about it?

If I remember correctly (which I'm not sure of), he might know about it.

8. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    Yes, he was the original uploader. He recieved an iso/mp3 rip of the disc from the original buyer and uploaded it to the internet. He lost all info on the buyer though, unfortunately. On the upside, I know several brazilian collectors (they collect bizarre stuff) so maybe one day the 510 will find its way into my hands.

Funnily enough years later I met the original seller of the Sonic CD protos by accident. He had no info on the buyer either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.