don't click here

Most annoying glitch you've ever experienced?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by filmzombie, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Isn't it just that those platforms are only top-solid as it were?

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    The glitch is that some kinds of jumps, when they begin underwater, will give you a ridiculous height. Remember the wall recoil in Sonic 2 NA?

3. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    No, overlord got it. I just thought it was odd that they would make the floors passable through the bottom.

4. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    ...aren't they also only top solid in S3K as well?

5. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Like in SRB2? If timed properly and the water in the map is like a succession of short waterfalls, a jump can lead you *very* high.

Now glitch time, Sonic 3: checkpoint marker is not reset when going in-game from the level select. So if you hit a checkpoint, in into the level select without finishing the level and into another map, you'll end up where the checkpoint was, usually into a wall >_>

6. Yes, they are....Top solid isn't a glitch, it's the way it was meant. As for the bouncing off monitors, I wouldn't consider it a bug, the higher you are from it the higher you'll bounce. And it's in all 2D sonic games.

7. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Yes, but as I said, jumping/bouncing underwater may result into higher jumps.

8. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    That's a physics thing, though.

Also, top-solid platforms... those aren't a glitch; they're in almost EVERY platformer game ever made to some extent. If you think those are a bug, then... wow.

9. xcliber

xcliber

I admit that the Tails in Icecap zone glitch is pretty annoying but it is really easy to avoid without the Special Stage. The point he dies at is where the slope changes angels. He gets stuck and actually dies by the top of the level crashing down on him (or so it seems). To avoid it, you just have to jump just before hitting that little point and you should be able to keep going as normal.

But probably the most annoying glitch ever is playing on Hydrocity and running past the boss. It does this almost every single time on the Wii virtual console!

10. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I dunno if this can be considered a glitch, but in either Sonic 3 or S3&K, sometimes when I reach the Marble Garden Act 2 boss and he destroys the floor, I end up dying instead of going off-screen for Tails to pick me up.

11. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    The only annoying glitch I remember: Sonic 3 & Knuckles in Mega Collection: I'm playing as Sonic and Tails. I'm at CNZ Act 2. You know the part underwater where you have the springs on the ceilings and floors and the balloons that turn into air bubbles when popped? The part where the water level drops? It froze during that part of the game. I was stuck in mid-air. And the strangest part? The music kept going and looping! I wound up hitting Z to go back to the Games menu... and no working memory card... :colbert:

12. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    I like that glitch actually. Because of the intersting effects you can create with it in debug mode turned on. Try it.

13. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    give some examples. and Roxahri/us the point of my video was to show that it seemed like an odd placement to put a top-solid platform in that exact spot.

14. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Of what? The checkpoint thing?

Also, here's another one for you: Sonic Adventure DX. In the very first action stage as Sonic, in the part with the bridge that shakes, it is possible to get the collision detection to fail, so when jumping onto the bridge, you'll go through it and die. This only happened once to me.

15. Tom41

Tom41

Pheer the baby EggRobo! Oldbie
    UK
    Another quick Sonic 3 one. As you probably know, if you go into debug while Sonic is standing on a rotating cylinder (HCZ or CNZ), the graphics will glitch up and the game will freeze. What I hate is when going around the level with debug, and I just happen to come across one of the rotating cylinders. If the debug sprite gets on top of the cylinder, it'll try to rotate and crash the game - even if you don't turn back into Sonic first!
    A similar thing happens if you're in debug and go into one of those transporter tubes in LBZ - that's much harder to avoid!

Oddly, the Wii VC version doesn't freeze if you go into debug while on a rotating cylinder (though the graphics still glitch up)

Oh, and in Sonic 2, you know how you can save yourself from death by going into debug before Sonic falls off the screen? If you try to place an item without turning back into Sonic first, the game will crash. I keep doing that by accident!

(Wii VC version - game crashes, and upon reset of the emulator the cheat codes have to be re-entered)

16. Vaiyt

Vaiyt

Oglio p'ru çeu Member
    Falling through the floor in the part just before the whale in Emerald Coast, SADX; by far the most annoying glitch of all I've encountered.

17. JDAdams

JDAdams

But there are so many! My top five, I.e. ones that have annoyed me personally:

1) Super Sonic level end bug in Sonic 2 (fixed in rev2, woo!)
    2) Lamp-posts in Sonic 2 registering as used when you haven't hit them, so you have to remember what order to do them in to get all the emeralds in Emerald Hill
    3) Buggy-as-hell light dash in SADX - it's never a good time to do a bounce instead
    4) 255-hit glitch in Sonic 1 Final Zone (and ported to Robotnik's Revenge, grr!)
    5) Going right through the giant Robotnik in Sonic 2 Death Egg Zone

18. TheLazenby

TheLazenby

What do you mean going through the Giant Robotnik?

Every time I've gone through him he's just dropped some sort of bomb and flown away for a moment.

19. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Going through him, as in: Jump and hit him, you don't bounce back, you die.

20. I was playing Sonic Heroes today and as I ran around a giant loop, I somehow ended up on top of it, grinded over it's edge and plummeted to my death. I was reminded of why I hated that game...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.