don't click here

General Objects/Badniks

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Mobiethian, Nov 20, 2008.

1. synchronizer

synchronizer

Good idea, but I think that Sonic CD styled Metal Sonic should be included somehow.

2. Rokkan

Rokkan

Weren't we debating about the twin Mecha Sonic sub-bosses?
    I thought that CD Metal Sonic was already established.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix

Has really been far even as decided to use even go Member
    Does this mean you're for a battle against Mecha Sonic and Metal Sonic at the same time or Silver Sonic and Mecha Sonic?

4. Rokkan

Rokkan

Nope, Mecha Sonic MK-III and Mecha Sonic MK-III, two identical ones.

5. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
    Agree, Im just too afraid to give critic to others, because im not much better myself :P
    Also, I can't explain what I mean, but you always say what I think :D

6. Matwek

Matwek

At this stage in the development im not sure it really matters, its about just getting ideas down, no specifics storywise.

As for the new design I like various different bits but as a whole im not so keen on it, its like you went for the bulkier Sonic 2 version when doing feet and the taller sonic S&K head, but when doing the limbs went for the CD thin version and it doesn't look right.

Personally I would like to see another few designs so we can pick the best of, although im assuming xmas is not the best of times to be expecting more work done

7. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
  8. Dan Genesis

Dan Genesis

As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute Member
    Top Secret. Bitch.
    KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
  9. Something along these lines maybe?
    [​IMG]

10. Dan Genesis

Dan Genesis

As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute Member
    Top Secret. Bitch.
    KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
  11. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    [​IMG]
    Tried to make him look more metallic. He didn't really look quite right without a nose. Kind of reminds me of the Archie Metal Sonic, for some reason. Were the white spots and that white stripe supposed to be shine or markings?

12. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Hm. What about something similar to the Mega/Berserker/Chaos/Crimson/Whatever Metal Sonic from Chaotix?

13. [​IMG]

I really like what you did there. That second one looks like a winner to me. the contrast of the red and black eyes seems more striking then just a red visor.

14. Matwek

Matwek

15. Phoenix

Phoenix

Has really been far even as decided to use even go Member
    Metal Sonic Kai?

16. Rokkan

Rokkan

17. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Ooh, that looks very nice, Rave. You even made the eye glow brighter.

The helm is very stylish, too; I love that shine on the side of its head. That one shine gives its face a more rounded appearance, which makes it look much more like Sonic.

I also like the wheels on its feet. While I worked on this Metal Sonic's previous build, I was thinking about what to add to the sides of its feet. I originally thought of adding spikes, but they didn't look quite right. Wheels work much better for a Metal Sonic build, as they emphasize a Metal Sonic's ability to speedily maneuver around the battlefield. I can't believe that wasn't the first thing I thought of using.

In fact, this looks much more like Sonic than the MK-II did! I always thought the MK-II looked like a blue version of a DBZ character. This, however, looks more like a mechanical-weapon-of-torture version of Sonic, which is just the kind of machine Robotnik himself would want to build. Awesome job, Rave!

18. Soselocke

Soselocke

MEEP MEEP MEEP Banned
    How about changing up the formula a bit? Instead of one Mecha-Sonic there can be two... and the two can conjoin together and form some new "Super" Mecha-Sonic? Or perhaps a Mecha Sonic and Knuckles duo?

19. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Just a quick thought based on this Mecha-Sonic design - each previous iteration has kept similar attack patterns but added / changed a few things (e.g. MK-II had an extra move - jetting backwards along the ground - while omitting the spike-firing feature of MK-I). Just a suggestion, but since this model has a round glowing chest-area, perhaps giving it some form of long-range attack using this could be some idea?

I was thinking something similar to what Hyper Mecha Sonic does in its' battle with Knuckles - firing a ball of energy from the chest unit, except obviously not quite so large. Mecha Sonic could stand on the far left / right of the screen, briefly show a 'charging' pose to give an observant player time to react, before firing a ball of energy horizontally across the screen - the trick being that he's stood still while doing so, so providing you can dodge the ball of energy you can still hit the weak spot on his head. This attack would develop on an area that previous iterations have been lacking in - some form of long-range attack method - while not being too difficult to avoid compared to its' other attacks. Since it involves standing at the far left / right of the screen, it could also be seamlessly mixed in with the existing attacks from previous Mecha Sonic models, since after landing from a spin / jump Mecha Sonic usually picks a random attack that involves it starting at the edge of the screen anyway.

So yeah, just a suggestion - not the most original, but I thought it was fitting enough to be worth posting. = )

20. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    <!--quoteo(post=259573:date=Dec 24 2008, 10:47 AM:name=Phoenix)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phoenix @ Dec 24 2008, 10:47 AM) [​IMG]