don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retrogamer, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    That's Sonic Adventure. :thumbsup:

2. Boinciel

Boinciel

I never said all the quotes I'm collecting had to be from an hour's worth of footage, did I?

3. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    I just wish Knuckles' hat still existed today :<

4. bookman the stinky

bookman the stinky

literal trash Member
    the dong
    find motivation
    I remember I had ordered it off Amazon about 4 years ago. It said it was the ADV DVD version, but when I got it, it was some crappy Chi-neez version, complete with a limited-color version of the trio from the cover of Mega Collection on the case, crappy menus, "DO NOT WANT"-esque Engrish subtitles, and "special features", which are nothing more than screencaps of the movie.

If I can find the dvd sometime I'll upload it on youtube, laughable titles and all.

MACHINE KING
    KNUCKULUS
    DILLUS
    SUPER-POWERED METAL SONIC

5. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    That's the same one I have!

6. Espilonarge

Espilonarge

I'm still having rotten luck trying to find "Journey trough Land of Darkness" as an acceptable rip from the OST and not some blanted "cut and paste" job (damn fakes). Has anyone at all been able to find the OST (original copy you can buy or downloadable version) or is this another one of those dreadful ghost-hunts I hate? :(

PS - I also wish Metal lived too. :v:

7. Silver Dreams

Silver Dreams

lol, Forum Drama Member
    I don't know about an original rip, but there's an excellent MIDI on espiokaos.com whereas you can hardly tell the difference.

8. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    More than likely, you won't ever find the OST. It was scheduled to be released shortly after the OVA was released in Japan. It was even up for pre-order, but it was apparently cancelled. No reason given, from what I know.

I think the reason we actually have track names is because the OST solicitation information. Though, there's a chance those are made up, but I doubt that Solly would've put up "fan names" on her site when she made it.

9. Twilight

Twilight

Michigan
    A Sonic the Hedgehog hack
    How awesome would a hack inspired by this movie be?

10. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    This is good movie to watch. Alot of memoriable moments. Like Sonic giving Metal Robotnik the finger.

11. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    I like how they game Robotnik a non-specifically but unmistakably European accent

12. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    It's like a Russian/German/Polish mixture.

13. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Think I will watch the movie again today, since I'm not at home youtube will do.

14. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    There may be a reason for that. Is this common knowlegde? I've known for some time, I thought it was quite clever them giving him the accent in the movie.

15. Yes it was, IIRC, I have the spanish version somewhere on a VCD here.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Hell, I have a British DVD. We're European, aren't we? =P Region 2, it's all the same thing.

17. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    FOR REAL?
    How could I never noticed that it was released here too?
    However I'm still pretty sure this was never released in Italy.

Now to e-bay!

18. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    It has never been released in Italy.

19. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    I'm happy to find it on VHS, the stores in this town suck so I'll never find it on DVD

20. Kushami

Kushami

Oldbie
    I have an earlier gen copy of the rental VHS tapes from Japan somewhere; There's some other editing on the original US DVD, which includes the episode titles being cut out, the first first set of credits being removed, as well as digital titling on a sign later on to include english text instead of Japanese.

I'd have to look at the original VHS, but I'm not sure if Sonic's giving the finger in that or not. The DVD certainly looks like it's his index finger.

The DVD is one of the earliest DVDs, too, and it could really use an remaster. The video quality isn't that awesome. It does have optional subtitles and both languages. By the way, there was a reissue of the OAV with a different cover. The contents of the disk didn't change, though.

Does the Chinese bootleg you chaps own have the episodes split in half, or is it a bootleg of the US 'the movie' version?

If Shout Factory picked up the license, it might be preferable to convince them to release the OAV with a music-only track. I know their DVD director is open to fan input, so if they ever announce it it would probably be good to start there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.