don't click here

Sonic and the Black Knight

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    If Sonic Team wants to start ripping other game series' off, they should take an example from MARIO.

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    They did. The Knuckles and Rouge missions in SA and SA2 were based on the open-ended fetch quests of Super Mario 64.

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Let Mario do whatever Mario does and keep Sonic away from it. The two don't mesh well gameplay wise at all.

4. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    テキサス、アメリカ
    Hybrid Souls Card Game
    So Retro, are we going to be stalking this game?

What we should do is praise it now, so when it comes out, it will be the opposite.

Just like Unleashed!

Then Sega will say, "Hey! Let's make more 2.5D games!" and they'll use the Hedgehog Engine and make good games again!

:D

5. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Well, hold on. I think you are talking about 'Unwiished', instead of the 360 game, Unleashed.

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    ..wait what? I don't think high sales of Black Knight would cause Sega to decide that all the games from now on should include swordplay.

7. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    テキサス、アメリカ
    Hybrid Souls Card Game
    Of course not, but it could probably influence Sega's choices. Sales of a game can easily determine what that company should do next. If for example, unleashed bombed and Black knight rocks the house, in the future, you'd either see a direct sequal or more storybook tales. If the opposite happens, you'd see less story book tales, and perhaps more Sonic games similar to unleashed. The sales and popularity of a game can easily effect a company.

Prime Example 1: Square Fucking Enix. They were going to go out of buisness when they were squaresoft, so they made one last game, that I'm sure you all know as Final Fantasy for the NES. The game was so popular and sold so well they built a franchise on it. Now look. FF 13 is coming out, nevermind the spin offs like Tactics, Mystic Quest, Online, and sequals like X-2, and even movies for christ's sake.

So yes, if Black Knight owns Unleashed in sales, it would be a safe assumption saying we'd be more storybook Sonic and less 2.5D Awesome-ness.

8. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
  9. The Segan

The Segan

RIP 1991-1998 Member
    Sega's going to have an extremely hard time convincing me that it's not the latest in a long line of mistakes.

I wouldn't buy the game. I did win the art contest, but I'm giving the free copy to my little brother as a birthday gift so that he doesn't accidentally buy it.

10. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    Who was it here that said "At least it's sonic running, who cares what he's holding"? This looks much less like Sonic running and more like Sonic exploring some sort of overworld town things. So yeah, this basically looks like Zelda the Hedgehog.

...Which, if they did it right, MIGHT be kinda fun (think Chronicles). I dunno, I'm actually gonna hold judgement on this, taking the advice of my own Sonic cycle 2.0.

It does look kinda cool, visually, though.

11. Cap

Cap

12. Rokkan

Rokkan

13. Vaiz

Vaiz

Internet.
    Yeah, I hate to say it, but a simple screen of Sonic and Knuckles crossing blades has now made me interested.

So, anyone wanna guess what character from the whole Arthurian mythos Knuckles is gonna portray?

Edit: Scratch that, Knuckles is just stopping the damn thing with his fist it looks like. still.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Why is Knuckles in gay armor?

Game fails to impress yet. Unleashed may of had the werehog but it kept the experimentation to a separate character. This game does not.

15. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I reserve Judgment until I see this game in action. I can't tell what kinds of things you're going to be doing from these screen shots.

16. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    How do you know it's not a METAL Knux [Like Metal Sonic]? :(

well, yeah.... considering the time period he's stuck in.... yeah, or so I should say, "no".

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I know that the game is set in medieval times and every character that's not Sonic is merely supposed to look like the other characters in the series but still.

If this game has the option of optional playable characters though that is only a plus. Who needs alternate gameplay types when each character can just be a Sonic rehash with added abilities? That's what it's supposed to be.

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    1. Probably a lot of running ahead. Like I say I doubt it will be DRASTICALLY different from Unleashed daytime or Secret Rings, but hopefully the gameplay will be a bit more complex than the former. The boss stages may be a different matter, though.

2. I really liked that picture. It conjures up memories for me as well of the Sonic R Metal Knuckles (don't forget Advance 1 too though :P).

19. Dan Genesis

Dan Genesis

As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute Member
    Top Secret. Bitch.
    KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
    I just thought of this and I'm probably the only one that has, but this entire game goes against what Sonic says on a tip thing about swapping weapons in Shadow the Hedgehog:

"Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead using those things"

20. Vaiz

Vaiz

Internet.
    I forgot when Sonic Team started caring about continuity, personally :x.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.