don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I am just going to say this now to all of you.

I fucking love the Werehog's gameplay, it is actually really fun!

2. Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Children, Children, don't be scared. Member
    Toledo, OH
    Level Concepts
    Surprise for me... playing the Werehog stage on Holoska (the one where you're inside the cave and the main mission is to find a Gaia Key) was perfect. Fun enemy bashing, with more colorful moves that I have an expanded list... hardcore platforming out the ass... I swear, I've had more fun playing this than I did playing anything from Super Mario Galaxy.

Eat that shit.

It's fun. It's awesome. It warms my heart.

Time to go play....

(P.S. Did something happen to the main site? Is it down or something? I can only access this forum through my history. PM me if you know so we don't cloud the forum).

3. synchronizer

synchronizer

Something similar happened to me yesterday, but it cleared up today. All that appeared was a white screen with a message basically saying the account has been overused or something like that. I don't know what this means, and I was kind of worried for a while.

4. Sciz

Sciz

Night of the Werehog is credited to VE Animation Studio, which the fine print then says is a registered trademark of SEGA Corporation. So yes, I do believe they'll be keeping them. =P

5. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Hell, I'd be interested in a version that is 300MB, the trailer makes it look absolutely incredible.

I still haven't had any luck finding a copy of the 360 version around here, but my impressions of the Wii version are rather, uh, poor. Fortunately, it seems that the 360 version is incredibly awesome in comparison from what you all are saying.

6. GIHunter

GIHunter

Yes, the same thing happened to me around 9:00 pm my time. It was cleared up once I got on this morning, so I'm not really sure what it was about. The message was as follows:
    If anybody knows anything about it, do say so.

7. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    They used their bandwidth? Duh?

8. Rented'd.

Holy shit, im speechless.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    OK, I'm now 100% sold on the PS3 version of this. Just have to wait til Xmas for it, I guess~

10. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

Anyone else think Yoshihisa Hashimoto should be the "main man" behind future 3D Sonic games? Like Eiji Aonuma with Zelda.

11. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    If Unleashed is as good as it sounds, certainly.

12. Opening movie is badass.
    First stage, not so bad. Is it me or is it more difficult to run straight than it was in the Sonic Adventure games? It's been some time since I played those-- although the quick steps with the bumpers are a very welcome addition. Although, something not very welcome is mapping the homing attack to the X button. That completely threw me off.

13. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I haven't seen so many of us so happy about our passion in God knows how long, if ever. Fan reaction to the game, the short films, etc straight up warms my heart. I'm dead serious.

I played all the way through the Wii version (I've done about 80% of the extra missions and Gaia Gate puzzles), and I'm probably about halfway through the 360 version.

I had a lot of fun playing the Wii version. The 360 game feels entirely different, even down to things like Sonic's physics. Even the wall jump for example: in the Wii version, you had to move the control stick back and forth as you were jumping, and in the 360 version all you have to do is press A to kick off the wall (while still holding right in the process). In the Wii version, as the Werehog, you had to hold the grab button to hang onto poles and throwing items or else you'd let go. In the 360 version, you just need to press it once. And I love that. I said I had a lot of fun playing the Wii version. Double, if not triple that, and you have my opinion of the 360 version.

From what I'm hearing, I can't wait to get to Empire City. If I had to pick out anything that bothers me, it would be that Sonic's speed in the hub world doesn't seem quite fast enough. It doesn't really matter, as they're small areas, but I'm nitpicky. Also, I got to a point in the game where I couldn't progress and it took me forever to figure out that I needed a couple more Sun Medals to open up Dragon Road.

I just...love it. It's wonderful. And everyone's reaction doesn't make me feel guilty for loving it (I'm sure I'm not the only person who felt bad for enjoying '06 despite its several faults and large amount of negative criticism).

We need to write a letter to Hashimoto, and tell him he's done good. I really don't want him and his team to be discouraged by review scores that aren't much higher than Secret Rings.

14. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    I hate everyone with a PS3 now :v:
    Also is the day time Rooftop run cut from the PS2 version too or do I get that later? :rolleyes:

As for Chip... I hate him. I'm sorry but I do. He's cute he's funny but he never shuts the hell up. Do I need a "We need to go through that door?" and a stoppage of game play when it's obviously the only way to go? I don't mind his VA though... I just wish you could turn him off.

My biggest problem currently.. isn't the game at all... I keep trying to use O to jump >_< it's that way in KH and KH2 and I'm so used to playing those... I can't tell you how many cliffs I've fallen off.

15. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    You do get a Spagonia day stage, don't worry.

16. Deathbyteacup

Deathbyteacup

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons. Member
    Being in the UK, I can't get hold of this game yet. >=(

That being said, I've been watching the full level run-throughs and I've noticed the following;

1) Sonic seems to be saying "GO!" all the time? Is this the case? It's grating me before I've even played the game.
    2) Changed the level complete music for the first time since Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which is poop (imo).
    3) Solaris Phase 2-ing Endless Possibilities is a retarded idea.

Also is it true that portions of the overworld are not skippable - and even worse, you're required to collect "sun" and "moon" medels to continue to the next stage, or some daft shit like that? If so, that's retarded.

Otherwise it looks like really good fun, just have to wait and see though. -_-

17. Titan

Titan

UK
    Man, I can't wait for this now, I have a EU Xbox 360 copy on pre-order. I'm literally amazed by the postive response from everyone who's already played it, wow :rolleyes:

18. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Right. So from what I've heard and read, the ONLY issues with the wii version are static hubs, couple less stages, and more night than day stages. Am I right that these are the only disadvantages over the ps360 counter-part other than the obvious graphical/layout differences? And either way, would you (being the ones who've played the wii version) still say it's great fun to play?
    No matter what the answer I'm still getting it for Wii and will see for myself when I play it, I just want to make sure I've got things right and what people who have played the wii version think in general.

19. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    There's a fuck-ton the Wii version is missing. If you take the time to explore the 360 game, you'll find shops where you can buy things, you'll find little fetch quests which really aren't as bad as they sound, the Tornado stage...there's even little bits of the "story" here and there that are different. There's also a nighttime minigame where you can fight baddies in the hub worlds to save the citizens.

I also love how they've introduced "Miles Electric" as Tails's personal electronics line, akin to Robotnik Corp. Unfortunately, this small detail is absent from the Wii version.

The 360/PS3 version is just...so much more fleshed out, thought out, and tons deeper than its counterpart. As fun as the Wii version is, despite the differences, it's just sad that it's missing so much content.

20. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    That's it. You must all donate so I can get my 360 out of pawn D:

I've been watching all of Blackarms's Wii playthroughs. They're interesting to say the least. Though I keep think how much more awesome Werehog has to be on 360.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.