don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synchronizer

synchronizer

That trailer looks awesome. The music is pretty good too. The environment actually reminds me of Crisis City, except without the crisis. That mini-boss in the trailer is also shown in the Chun-nan trailer. It looks like the same thing, so either they moved the position of the mini-boss, or it is reoccurring in every level, getting stronger every time. Also, apparently online/downloadable features are confirmed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXjPLdyCzkc

2. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Of course they always showcase the 360 & PS3 versions. I hope the quality loss on Wii won't drop down as far as PS2.

3. Retrogamer

Retrogamer

1996: Sonic flips the birdie. Member
    Strange, I thought I read in an interview that it wouldn't have any online modes. That interview was about the Wii version. Do the online modes apply for the Wii version? Or are they PS3/360 exclusive?

I just saw the trailer for Empire City, and words cannot describe how awesome it looks.

4. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    They said right in the video it was only for the PS3/360.

The PS2 version is the same graphics as the Wii. That's why the Wii version's graphics are so bad. The Wii could have handled way better.

5. Retrogamer

Retrogamer

Whoops, my bad. I was too distracted by the stages to pay attention to anything she said.

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    ...How long have they had a "brand manager" for Sonic?

7. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    I feared as much, well thx for the warning. I won't play this unless I decide to buy a PS3.

8. Retrogamer

Retrogamer

Hey now, just because the Wii and PS2 versions don't have as good graphics as the PS3 and 360 versions doesn't mean they'll be bad. The PS2 has basically the same controller as the PS3 (minus the home button) and you can use a Gamecube controller for the Wii version. So they don't have online modes, that doesn't matter. They'll still be as good as the other versions, even if we don't get some extra modes.

9. I'm speechless. This is totally going to be on my christmas list =P

10. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Probably the best level in the game.

Instant buy.

11. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    See, that's what I don't get, because the Wii is perfectly capable of downloading content. Didn't Sambe De Amigo use that feature?

12. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    so guys the Wii version came out today for Britfags. Anyone pick it up? how is it?

13. synchronizer

synchronizer

Is the U.S. PS3 version still being released on December 12?

14. Tylinos

Tylinos

We still don't know the release date for sure. I'd say 'no', though, seeing as December 12 is a Friday. Do games ever release on Fridays?

Also, why is everyone going crazy over that Empire City trailer? The stage really doesn't look very interesting to me.

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It isn't, all versions won't come out till November 28 in Europe.

16. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Obviously it looked interesting to them, and I'd bet all of them couldn't care less about how you thought about it. It looks fun, but I have my own problems outside of just the whole interest thing.

Honestly, I saw a lot more fall and die pits in this level then what I feel comfortable with. When I saw Empire City, I thought of that cutscene from Sonic Adventure, except instead of everything going to hell underwater, Sonic would blast through open streets, using the quick step to dodge traffic. I high in the sky approach is nice, but... I dunno, they always use it. Every bloody time.

Also, someone needs to kill whomever is responsible for those roads. He's been working since Sonic Adventure, and he keeps making roads like loops that go upside down. No one is going to drive on them and he's seriously wasting materials here! =P

17. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
  18. Seriously, I love this. I HAVE to stop watching these trailers!!!!!

19. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
  20. Retrogamer

Retrogamer

I would agree that the Wii is capable of providing some form of downloadable content, but I'm not surprised this feature isn't on the Wii version. If you think about it, Sega is producing four versions of the game. The Wii version has a different Sega team. If they wanted to make downloadable content for the Wii version, they'd have to duplicate the online modes, translate it to Wii format, and provide a new server for the online modes. Also keep in mind that Sega is working on Sonic and the Black Knight, which is stated for a Summer 2009 release. Sega has to work on that, and create four different versions of Unleashed.

The answer; too much extra work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.