don't click here

Graphics

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Retro_Stew, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    [​IMG]

...?

2. synchronizer

synchronizer

I remember a Sonic Fangame called Sonic 4 at SAGE 2007 which was renamed to Sonic Panic during SAGE 2008 that had some pretty good Fang sprites that I believe looked a bit better than those, but it's a good start.

3. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
    [​IMG]

4. Zenor

Zenor

flip the chessboard over Member
  5. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
  6. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    I'm guessing they were found by doing a quick surf around the net. You're best bet is to find the person yourself... If that's possible.

7. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
  8. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    Usually when something is submitted to a sprite archive, it's free to use. Unless it states it needs permission on the sheet. (:

9. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
  10. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    If possible, find him. I would much rather have permission from the artist so we can give credit and avoid credit issues. If any of our talented sprite artists would like to create a new sprite set to contribute, please feel free to do so.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    [​IMG]

My Metal Sonic sprites are still available if you all want. Edits will be made as needed.

12. I forgot about this thing... I had been working on a title card but never got a design I was 100% happy with.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
    [​IMG]
    Permission granted!

I also tried my hand at the jumping snake badnik.
    [​IMG]

I really haven't tried anything in the Sonic Genesis style before, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to make it a bit bigger.

14. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    I think I like these the best:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not sure I like the whole idea of the whole big first letter thing. Didn't it originate in Sonic CD? It seems to be used a lot in various fangames now. I'm pretty sure we've also confirmed using "Zone", so yeah.

15. synchronizer

synchronizer

I like the second to last one the best, grap3fruitman, but It would be Stadium Arcadium Zone Act 2, not Stadium Arcadium Zone 2. Also, the Z in Zone should probably be made to look more like a Z. Anyway, Very good job!

16. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    I've noticed a problem with a lot of fan-made sprites: They all have the same head. When Sonic is jogging, he's supposed to turn his head side-to-side.

17. synchronizer

synchronizer

True, but I would imagine that Metal Sonic would be more rigid and streamline, therefore, he would not move his head from side to side. I don't think he did in Sonic CD.

18. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    A small detail for someone who actually studies animation.

I'm both offering a suggestion AND laying an offer on the table here: I'm willing to pencil-rough every frame of animation for a sprite artist to trace over and render properly when the style is decided on; I'm in my second year of an actual animation degree, this makes sense from where I'm standing.

Y'see, what I'd do is infuse the characters with personality actually in the way they move, which isn't so prevalent in the 16-bit titles - Knuckles' run and walk cycles in S3K are exactly the same as Sonic's, and I'd have thought he'd run with more weight emphasis on his feet and fists, possibly curling his arms around more, since he's a fighter.

19. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
  20. Ocrilio

Ocrilio

King of unspellable screennames 15 years running. Member
    Sonic Adventure: Grounded
    Nack, eh? Awesome.

ALSO:
    [​IMG]
    Metal Sonic: Shiny Edition. Also with 16-bit counterpart.