don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voice acting is done much earlier in development than this. Maybe Sega got some sense and realized that releasing a half-finished game during a period full of great games wouldn't be best for their bottom line.

2. Shade

Shade

This is fucking ridiculous I'm sorry. The US gets the PS3 version later than even fucking Australia? Jesus Christ.

I really hope this doesn't mean the PS3 version is gimped.

3. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Well...with the "they fixed the framerate yay" comments we've been hearing about the 360 version, I've been hearing the opposite of the PS3 one. Granted that's probably Sony's fault (let's face it, the PS3's a powerhouse, but it's an unstable powerhouse), not Sega's.

4. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    Or its powerhouseness is just grossly overestimated and it turns out the PS3 is just a slightly less powerful XBOX 360 with a really huge storage medium.

5. Shade

Shade

Wow way to shit up a thread with fanboyism. Grossly inaccurate fanboyism! :)

Yeah. Don't do it.

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I recall someone comparing hardware specs about the time '06 was released. Apparently while the PS3 was "more powerul" there was some sort of imbalance between the VRAM and some other...something.

7. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    Your post could be seen in the same way as being PS3 biased. Let's not cock up this thread with console wars bullshit. Last time I checked, the topic name was Sonic Unleashed, not PS3 vs 360.

8. Shade

Shade

No, my post can be construed as "Are you guys really turning this thread into console wankery"

9. I'm buying 360* version no matter what, but I'm buying Wii version only if it gets good ratings or about the same ratings as the 360 version, assuming that I like the 360 version.
    *NOTE:This is referring to the version of 360 AND PS3..not meant as I think that 360 is superior to PS3. I just needed to clarify that.

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I was pointing out something reviewers-to-be have been saying, as it could possibly be a reason as to why the PS3 versions may come out later on.

Granted I threw out a...subtle reference to my 360 preference, but I'm not above believing both consoles have their strong points.

But...we'll just have to see what happens.

11. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Holy shit, the man has a sense of humor. Hahahahahahaha...

12. Yuzu

Yuzu

Why is everyone saying this is Dimps first 3D game? They did the Dragonball Z Budokai series(which was 3D) for PS2 and Gamecube. Considering how similar coding is from the Gamecube to the Wii, why are we giving them the benefit of the doubt and saying it's their first 3D game?

13. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    First 3D Sonic game?

14. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    <sarcasm>There was like 5 seconds of 3D in the first level of Sonic Rush Adventure, so I think Dimps knows everything there is to know about making a 3D Sonic game. It even had rail switching, which is the best thing ever.</sarcasm>

But seriously, Dimps does have a decent track record as far as handheld Sonic games go, and they did as good of a job as you could do with a video game series based on an anime series about fighting and growing your hair. I personally have a little faith in them, but I'm still getting the 360 version first...Provided they all come out at the same time. Like I said, if I have to wait a week after the Wii version comes out, I may buy or rent the Wii one in the meantime.

<sarcasm>Oh, I know. I'll buy the PS2 version. Then the 360 version. Then I'll get the Wii version for Christmas. And then spend another $60 on the PS3 version so I can play at my friend's house (ironically enough, he's black, and the only person I know IRL with a PS3).

I'm a consumer whore.

EDIT: And a racist I guess. Hey, you can't hide what's inside.</sarcasm>

15. Yuzu

Yuzu

Why get the PS2 version? The Wii version can be played with a Gamecube or Classic controller so no real point.

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Because it's cheaper and I'm a college student who works part time at a coffee shop. Do I look rich to you? I mean, in the long run, $90 is cheaper than $110, though my entire previous post, except for the second paragraph, was a wall of sarcasm. Yeah. Let me go fix that.

EDIT: Alright, enjoy realizing what I originally meant.

It'll probably run like ass on the PS2 though, and I'll admit you've got a point there. I'll just see how much I can afford.

17. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    I'm pretty sure the Wii and PS2 versions are both $50. prove me wrong if you want to though.

18. synchronizer

synchronizer

PS2 version is $29.99 in the U.S.

19. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    Guys, just looked on the official japanese site and it explains the reasons for the delay. It was decided that they could not sell it at this point in time, because the current state of the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 versions. Instead, it's been delayed till Spring 2009 at an unspecified time so that work could be put on to enhance the content and improve it's quality. The guy who updated the site will post further information on the release date, once it's been decided. The Wii version will remain on schedule and be released on December 18, 2008.

This isn't good, especially since we're scheduled to get those two versions soon...

20. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Are you sure that's not just an excuse, though? Someone earlier mentioned they said that about NiGHTS: JoD, but when it was released later in Europe, there were no noticeable or otherwise significant changes made to the game. It might just be a front.

If it is true, though, then that is indeed a bad thing. It wouldn't be the first time, though—look at the US release of Sonic 1 compared to the JP release.

Oh wow, excellent! I can definitely afford to get it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.