don't click here

The Sixth Annual Sonic the Hedgehog Hacking Contest!

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Ayla, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Nice to see the results are coming soon. Looking forward to it!

And if you leave, I'm tracking you down and fucking your shit up, hardcore. :colbert:

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    No-one ever leaves the community, Tweaker - you should know this by now.

They all come back in the end~

3. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    It's a black hole community, not even light can escape.

4. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Chimpo.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Will be back at some point. I never said it was instantaneous =P

6. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    He left? O_o

7. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    I did notice he hadn't been here in a while. Either way, yeah, I've never seen someone leave 100%.

8. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Simon.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    He's left and come back already once =P

10. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    Plus he's apparently made 1 wiki edit, so he's had to have come here at least once after he left in October 2006. =P

11. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I think that counter is broken btw, because if you click on "contribs" you will find nothing.

12. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    Andre Dirk, CrackedKnux, Scott Prower, Knuckles the Echidna, Elliotro, AJ Freda -- need I go on? All left and never came back and I know a lot of those on there are actually big names (historically speaking at least).

That, of course, would be less than likely for me considering I've been around for a really long time and this community is more or less a drug for me. Just posting here again about the contest and I'm back a couple days later =P Here's the deal, though:

First of all, in real life I work for a credit card company closing credit cards. There is not a job in the world that destroys your soul more quickly than this one. Every day I come home with the lives I've destroyed with credit on my hands and the people suffering, not able to eat, getting themselves further in debt and having people yell at me for issues that are beyond my control. I want to kill myself every day I get off that job unless I take massive amounts of drugs to deal with it -- and that's exactly what I'm doing.

Second of all, I also work on promoting raves. You can see our production company at www.harlockselite.com (I think that's the site >.> ) and this has been absorbing a lot of my time trying to get things set up for that and networking to help Tim (the guy in charge) get everything pulled together. While I'm definitely not the only one helping him, we have a party on the fifteenth (that's actually why I set the deadline for myself that I did) that is going to be huge and I really want this one to succeed because Tim took a bunch of my suggestions for this one since we think a lot alike and liked my advice. In other words, failure would make me look bad =P

On the same subject, some friends up here where I live know about my work down in Denver and want me to be in charge of their production company they're trying to get going up here. In twenty minutes I leave to go talk to them some more about it and plan.

Third of all, of course, there's here. Between the last two, especially the drugs, meeting with people, working all the time.. I'm sinking fast. Trying to do anything here is almost too much =\ If I can get myself a different job that I can stand without being on heroin, I will in a heartbeat.. but the job market is terrible right now. Meanwhile I'm trying my best to stay away from drugs at work so I don't get addicted to a drug that's physically addictive, but more readily available than anything else.

Honestly, I need help. I just don't know where to turn and who to talk to.. I don't want to wind up like my friend, lollypop, who's now a junkie and a tweaker and her mind is deteriorating quickly. I've been going with the flow for too long and making a concerted effort to change is difficult.

There's the long story if anyone was interested =P Just needed to get it out, I guess. I'm working my quickest to get things all set up. Basically I have everything graded in a bizarre manner that requires me contrasting ALL of the entries at once. If I do this next year, I have a new method set up that will fix this.. but I still have to do it the painstaking way this last year =P So imagine comparing 20 documents for each of the trophies and you'll have an idea why this takes such a long time ~.^ lol Catch ya on the flip side kiddos!!

Julia Ayla Voets

13. I feel very sorry for you :)

Let's hope you'll soon find help or a better job.

14. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Want me to still move over there and help support you? :P

lol

15. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    sure, smtp. I'm lonely. I like having friends. My stupid ass forgot to turn off auto-update on windoze and now it went into illegitimate copy mode, so this might delay things until the sixteenth. Keyword is might. Otherwise it will be out saturday. =P

UPDATE: Thanks go to Gerbilsoft and Oerg for helping me fix that problem!! We're back on schedule =)

16. Megaphilip

Megaphilip

Banned