don't click here

HPZ and WZ

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Malevolence, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
    For the past month or so I have been working on the sonic 2 2007 disassembly to have wood zone and hidden palace zone restored. Now that it's finished, I'd like to release it to the community so everyone gets a chance to hack it. In this disassembly there are several changes. The level select has been modified to include wood zone and hidden palace zone (each with two acts). There are now HPZ and WZ project files for Soned2, and there is a debug list for WZ and HPZ.

Here is a built rom from the disassembly if you would like to test it first.

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    New level select

[​IMG]
    Wood Zone

[​IMG]
    Hidden Palace Zone with debug.

Here you go!

Credits go to Xenowhirl for his disassembly, qiuu for some level select asm help, nineko for some level select help and FraGag for being awesome and helping with some of my dumb errors.

If there are any suggestions or errors let me know. Have fun!

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Nice job, but expect people to build their hacks directly off this now instead of doing any work for themselves to restore the levels. Not to discredit your work or anything, but you know how some people here get...

Still, glad to see people who know their stuff! Keep at it. :(

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Well, they'll still have some leg work to do. None of the levels have a finished layout :P

4. Twilight

Twilight

Michigan
    A Sonic the Hedgehog hack
    Nice, but I'll still do it manually.

5. Adam2k7

Adam2k7

Walsall UK
    Sonic Adventures EX, Sonic 2 Redemption Edition
    Doh !!! I just did this in my hack yesterday took me all day :( oh well glad to see I am not the only one wanting to do this. I will have a look and see if there are any differences in how you did it and I did it.

6. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Nice work. I suppose I could take the HPZ files from this disasm since I lost my rar with them. :(
    Also, I see that you got the level select to list more levels, I wouldn't mind hearing about how to do this, I've been trying to do that myself but with failure.

7. This post might be helpful.

8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    AAAH Yes, Hidden Palace Zone, probably the best level created in history, great work on restoring this one Mal, although I'll probably never use it, still great stuff.

9. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
    Thanks, and yeah, I kind of figured others would be doing this, but I don't really mind. I think everyone should get to enjoy messing around with those levels (plus there is still some work that would make the really terrible hackers that take credit for other's work that would show in the end)

Thanks a lot, I hope that there may be some great hacks involving HPZ and WZ now.

10. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Fuck it, I've downloaded it to give it a go, have a look, do something basic with it, maybe I'll fix up HPZ a bit.

Edit: just for a laugh

11. Twilight

Twilight

Michigan
  12. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
  13. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I've restored HPZ before & I've never had such deformation problems, I used the deformation in the original 2007 disassembly.

14. Twilight

Twilight

Michigan
    An incentive to do it myself. :v:

15. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    Um, didn't Malevolence just say that all you have to do is add more chunks to the BG to fix this problem?
    It's not too hard. And everything isn't gonna be done for you.

Anyway, to keep on topic, I really like this. The level select had been done to accomodate the levels, which is a plus. The levels can be fixed and edited in SonEd2 with little to no hassle, even I could do it.

Nice work Malevolence.

16. Twilight

Twilight

Michigan
    I know that everything isn't going to be done for me. That's why I said I'll do it myself. It's not as rewarding if I don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.