don't click here

Sonic Swag (10MB+ of images.)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Spazz, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spazz

Spazz

Try Happy! Oldbie
    New Orleans, LA
    tankbot
    [​IMG]
    (Click for full-res.)

This is a bit dated, so there's been quite a bit more accumulated since this was put together, like these:

[​IMG]
    ? Sonic 2 Promotional Video

[​IMG]
    ? Sonic 3 "History of Sonic" Video

[​IMG]
    ? Honestly, I don't know how I ended up with two.

[​IMG]
    ? Sonic the Fighters Promotional Video

[​IMG]

The next few don't really need a caption:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ? Sonic tie. With bobbins.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ? Sonic and the Secret Rings Pop-up ad.

[​IMG]
    ? And this thing.

Feel free to post your Sonic/video game collection/IGN list, etc., I guess.

Tweaker & SoNick's fault.

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I notice a distinct lack of plushies.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I really want to own the Japanese version of Sonic 3, even if I don't own a genesis that box is simply too awesome to pass off.

Also I want that tie.

EDIT: What luck I found it off Ebay (Sonic 3). Bought it. Now I need a genesis :P I'll get one today perhaps. Is the Genesis region locked?

4. What are you talking about? He's got around 10-12 or so in that pic.

Nice shit dude.

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Whoops! Looks like I missed them then!

Still... only 12?? Where's the Tails plushie that was sold (in the US at least) well before Adventure (I remember it from, shoot, 1995)? :P

6. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    DON'T MAKE THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU.

This is some awesome shit, right here. I don't think I even own a physical piece of Sonic merch anymore.

Wait, no, I still have my PC copies of Sonic R and CD floating around here somewhere.

7. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    I have a ton of sonic merch back in Houston. I remember when I was little, I got a Sonic 1 + Sonic 2 strategy guide that had a ton of stuff in the back, and I saved up and bought most of it. I have a Sonic 2 leather jacket, a sonic board game, some sonic card game, a couple of sonic shirts, a few sonic plushies, that Sonic pinball machine, and pretty much every commercially released version of sonic ever, excluding the arcade games.

However, I DO have a jamma compatible arcade machine, so it's not like I'm not looking. One day I will buy a SegaSonic Arcade board.

8. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    Well, I feel emasculated now.

9. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    It's strange how much that Sonic The Fighters VHS case looks like a PSP case. I almost thought there was a port that I'd never heard about until I read the description.

10. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    There are no words for how jealous I am.

11. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    They make chao floating thingies?... that's awesome

12. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    No by itself. It contains a region code, but the BIOS won't check for it, games have to do it by their own so some games have lock-out and some don't. Easy to by-pass through. Sonic 3 has lock-out I think =[

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Also the Japanese MD had different size carts that didn't fit the US slot. This is fixable through flash carts, among other things.

Also, isn't region lockout easily changeable by just altering a couple bytes in the header?

14. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Yes, but we're talking about a cart with a ROM inside already =P

15. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I know, I'm just asking about if a guy got a flash cart (since J and US carts are differently sized), that region unlocking would be mostly trivial at least between J and US (60Hz, after all).

16. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    Yes Sonic 3 has lock out.

HOWEVER, bung it in the top of Sonic & Knuckles, and it'll work perfect, the Genesis/MD only checks S&K, and that doesn't have the lock.

17. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    OK, all I want to know is, how the hell did you get a bitchin blue power light on your Genesis? Personal mod, or was there a run that came that way from the factory?

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You know I just came to that realization a couple hours ago and I hoped that it would be true. Good thing that it is (Like I'd ever play Sonic 3 alone anyways).

I got another question about Sonic merchandise. I just bought Sonic and Knuckles today and I noticed that it came with a little sheet that has a ton of Sonic & Knuckles merchandise on it. Obviously the Sega Hotline would probably not sell it any more. However it has a kick ass S&K poster that I've always wanted. Where can I get it?

19. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    There must be some things there that need scanning. And have the promotional videos been ripped?

20. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    The only Sonic merch I still have floating around is my Knuckles, Sonic, and Shadow plushies, and a Sonic 2 cart. I bought the copy of Sonic 2 when I was on a 90s nostagia shooping spree at Goodwill. I also got a magic 8 ball, a pristine copy of Quake 1, and Alladin in VHS.

I used to have Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic Chaos, and Tails Adventure for Game Gear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.