don't click here

The S Factor: Sonia and Silver

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Aquaslash, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Finally a unique special stage (So sick of Sonic 1's special stage)

This is looking awesome btw. All you need to do is work on the loops a little (Silver get's stopped by them occasionally)

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah, I'd echo the sentiment on the loops. Otherwise, very nice video, and the most inventive special stage I've seen since Project Shadow's Bonus Rounds.

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Holy shit, that looks fantastic. Great work!

4. It's nice to see another update on this hack, I feel that your choices of music are very fitting to the stages shown in the video.

Loved the super silver transformation and theme. :colbert:

Custom level art was looking good too. I did notice the badnicks in the special stage were the originals.

Are there plans to have new art for the badniks too?

All in all, very good work. Keep it up! :words:

5. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Seconded.

Pretty cool so far. :words:

6. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Just as Eggman Nega is a freaky repaint of Eggman with a slightly remolded head, the Negabots will be repaint/low level retools of the original Badniks.

7. Peruant

Peruant

Just dropping in through gaps Member
    Lol thirded.

Super Silver's theme is very catchy and sounds familiar. Definitely digging the level art for SHZ and a change in special stages.

8. Amazing stuff, although the loop collision errors are a bit annoying.

9. Very nicely done. Few things that bother me though:

> Silver can't spindash, perhaps having him to a boost while in his 'running' animation?
    > Silver's spike is too small, he looks weird.

Few things that you beat me to:

> Having the character voices during events, such as super transformation
    > Different special stage.

10. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Oh wow. This looks absolutely brilliant.
    Please don't pull another Megamix on us, meaning: ppl shouldn't start sth if they can't finish it.

11. in b4 tweaker jumps in and bitches about how ROM hackers owe no one shit

But anyway, to my running mate, did you mean Super forms were unavaliable throughout the game? Or that the mode isn't avaliable at the start of the game, before collecting emeralds and shit?

12. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    The latter

13. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Actually they don't but they shouldn't make us wet our pants if we can't play what they do promise us or tease us with.

Edit: back on topic now: Sonia & Silver.

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    We released a build of what we had done. Kindly fuck off.

15. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    I was talking in general. Megamix just happened to be the most recent example.
    No and I don't feel horny at the moment and won't fuck off, not even when asked kindly. :p

16. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
  17. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    No I'm not crying in my bed for things like this, your response is exaggerated.
    Ok who's next?

18. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    He did in Sonic Rivals. But I see where you're coming from, that he shouldn't be able to because usually he should be using psychokinesis for attack.

19. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    He uses Spin Dash in the Rivals games, and the quill looks odd if I make it any larger. I'm not exactly using the next gen style for him.

Topic derailing aside, I have every intention of finishing the game. I hope to have it all done sometime next year.

There's a certain beauty about the way the layout is set up. I'll explain it in detail later.

20. Whilst I appreciate the effort you must have put into this hack so far, it really doesn't look like my cup of tea. Aside from the fact that the two characters are completely unrelated and make no sense in a game together, I also think the music and voice clips are a bit... "off", and the level layout (of Sky Highway in particular) looks monotonously one-routed and linear.

Don't get me wrong, I do like seeing wealths of new content, but alot of this just seems sort of thrown in with no solid direction.