don't click here

***Tech Demo Second Release!*** (postbugfix)

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by LOst, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My beastly PC (Q6600, 8800GTX, 2GB ram) once again has no trouble playing the demo, and I haven't noticed any bugs yet. However, the new art is looking amazing.

Sorry to all of the people without enough of a rig to try this out :argh: , it's really starting to look beautiful. [​IMG]

2. Lizam

Lizam

Lizam Member
    Australia
    Mario & Sonic: Worlds Clash
    >.<........... It just sounds so awesome!

3. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
  4. Baby Ghost

Baby Ghost

Put Tails in every game! Member
    I hope whoever made that Tails Title Frame bothers to finish/make the rest of them... It's look really cool.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    .....how did I miss this topic? Downloading now, though it'll run at a crawl again =P

6. ZOPR

ZOPR

I wish I had a more powerful laptop :(

After viewing the .avi, all I can say is WOW! The art is spectacular, the remixed music is breath-taking, and the game play appears to be just like the original!

As monumental a task as this is/will be, you guys are all doing GREAT so far. I only wish I could contribute in some way or form, so as to help out the ridiculously awesome game ^_^

7. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    Welcome ZOPR. We're far from picky on who's allowed to contribute and what qualifies as contribution - we take all suggestions into account when new art and music remasterings are posted. Even if you aren't an artist, your opinion can count for just as much.

Regarding the response to my 'bug report': thanks for clearing some of that up for me. Good to know that it's just the way the original engine reacts, and it's a testament to the amount of work LOst has put into recreating the gameplay for the project.

8. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    Thanks for all the comments guys! We are doing our best to deliver you "New HD - Original Sonic" orgasms! :argh:

There are still secrets waiting to be discovered..

"Hint"#1
    ..S2HD_TechDemo_SR_3x, wait the title screen and observe..

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    This is all very nice, but the version before it ran flawlessly on my computer.

3GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 w 6MB l2 cache
    3GB DDR2 RAM (2x1GB, 2x512GB)
    500GB SATA HDD at 7200 RPM
    Windows XP 32-bit
    Nvidia 7300 GS

This one constantly runs at a jerky 47 FPS.

10. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Still plays fine for me. Really cool stuff.

11. Woot

Woot

<!--quoteo(post=232305:date=Oct 6 2008, 12:53 AM:name=Vincent)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vincent @ Oct 6 2008, 12:53 AM) [​IMG]</a>[​IMG][/quote]
    I can only get 5 rings :colbert: 7 once. How did you get 51? I don't exactly know the rules on how to achieve them. I'm not sure what relevance the demo video has. I love how LOst put this in though.

12. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    <!--quoteo(post=232410:date=Oct 6 2008, 11:43 AM:name=Woot)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woot @ Oct 6 2008, 11:43 AM) [​IMG]</a>[​IMG][/quote]
    I can only get 5 rings :colbert: 7 once. How did you get 51? I don't exactly know the rules on how to achieve them. I'm not sure what relevance the demo video has. I love how LOst put this in though.
    [/quote]
    Faster lap time! Faster lap time ;)

The demo is a teaser. It is showing the symmetric angles of Knuckles gliding against slopes in all directions which is something the original game fails to do.
    Also if you have two game controllers, and choose Sonic as a second player, he might get those 50 rings as well ;)

13. notaz

notaz

Tech Member
    Still works for me under wine 1.1.4, still doing 60, I'm still using defaults in my wine config.

14. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    I have to say awesome job :D

It ran half speed on my work machine :

Celeron 1000 with 256K of L2
    ATI Radeon 9200se with 128MB of DDR
    512MB PC133 SDRAM
    Win98SE 4.10.2222 with Service Pack 3.0b3 and KernelEx 0.3.5b

This is NOT a hoax here, all this thanks to KernelEx :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Judging from the framerate, it seems the video is the only cap on this really. I get exactly the same framerate with lower specs - except for the video harwdare and the OS which are the same.

16. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    KernelEx is such a cool project!

Also...
    Sik, are you getting lower framerate now when comparing to the first Tech Demo?

17. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Quick test on 4x, windowed mode (desktop resolution: 1024x768).

Old demo: 57 FPS
    New demo: 40 FPS

Also, just noticed, when the demo is running I couldn't type in the FPS here (had to shut down the program). Used the numpad for this one. Game set to use the controller.

18. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    And old demo runs 2x slower than new one on my work machine. My gaming machine (AMD 64 X2 2HGz, 2GB of DDR2, nVidia 8600GTS with 512MB GDDR2)has all rock solid 60 in both demos.

19. kezzzs

kezzzs

I can't get 50 rings *cries*

20. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    Awesome release again! Although now it runs at around 30fps on my pc ;)

AMD Sempron 3000+ (1.8Ghz)
    GeForce 6200
    1GB PC3200 DDR

It would be a great advantage to other people if they could turn off the shaders. Also any hints as to when we will see a scrolling level :colbert: ?

I would like to say that in the test level on 1X, if you jump on the very edge of the spring it doesnt work sonic just jolts to the right and onto the floor, im not sure if it did this in the original, but if it did'nt atleast I have said something :D

EDIT: CPZ music if AWESOME! :D

EDIT2: Just crashed my pc trying to load the multi bridge X4 level, but strangly worked again after minimizing and maximizing :S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.