don't click here

Sonic Chronicles leaked...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MathUser, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    IGN gave it a pretty low score compared to other reviewers

ONM - 93%
    GameInformer 8.5/8.75
    3DJuegos - 8.2
    Nintendo Power - 8.0
    GamesMaster - 80%
    Gamepro - 4/5
    NGamer - 7.9
    Eurogamer - 7.0
    IGN - 6.5
    Zoo - 3/5

but I imagine it does make some valid points. I never liked how this game looked anyway. If for some reason I can pick it up for $10 I'll buy it. Otherwise probably not,

2. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Keep in mind, Game Informer's scale puts 7 as average. That's what you get when Game Stop makes a magazine catalog, I guess.

I played it a bit on no$GBA, and thought it was above average, but didn't get very far in.

3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Heh, those crazy logarithmic scales.

4. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.

Yeah, that's happening to me a lot. I'm only mid-chapter 2, but the two larger battles I've had (giant worm and giant scorpion) have seemed EXTREMELY one sided, where they're been able to basically rape my party in 2 or 3 rounds and I only do 1-3 damage to them per attack, IF the attack even hits. Of course, that wouldn't be so bad except for they have Ffffff 200+ HP.

so basically yeah, my only complaint thus far is the larger enemies seem broken.

5. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Hmm Im on Gamerankings.com... you have some that aren't on there. Is there another source for these?

6. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I got to the part where Amy breaks the boxes, but then it knocked down to 10% at best and stayed that way until I turned it off.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I just stole the rankings from TSS's topic of collective reviews for this game. I'd have to check the topic in full to find out where a lot of these reviews came from.

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Doesn't IGN have to more or less rate games in comparison with other games in the same genre on the same platform? If that's the case, it makes sense why theirs is lower, considering Chronicles has a fuckton of other DS RPGs to go up against.

Obviously, we all kinda had high expectations because of who was developing the game, but even so, we kinda have to expect that even a Sonic RPG won't be as deep and engaging as a game like Chrono Trigger.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    While that's true it doesn't mean it's necessarily bad. According to some people who have beaten the game,
    Robotnik takes over the world while Sonic and everyone else are on another planet, which suggests a possible sequel with Robotnik as possibly the main enemy.

There spoiler tags. You should have expected spoilers in this game anyways.

10. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    I really like the game. I've got to some part in Metropolis, and now I'm just running around trying to figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to do XD

11. Rokkan

Rokkan

SPOILER TAG FOR GOD'S SAKE

12. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    I always thought a full Sonic RPG game would be totally off to the series... I was totally wrong.

I really loveing this game. Full of references of old games! It's sweet!

13. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA

AWW You did NOT just....man, the game isn't even out in my country yet. Oh well, it's all good, that isn't much of a spoiler. And Bioware did say they had a sequel planned just in case this one was well liked enough. Good to know Robotnik's got some cred this time around.

14. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    How that post should've gone.

Ah, well, as long as he doesn't say any details, I'm good.

15. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    It's not entirely outside the realm of possibility. I doubt this is the case, but there could be benefit from leaking it. And besides, it's GOING to be dumped as a ROM anyway, so they're certainly not losing anything here.

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    It certainly allows for people to get over the whole "O NOES IS SONIC GAEM I HATES I HATES" opinion that's so popular these days, by actually playing it.

17. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    Sure that would be true if it was actually a good game. ;P

I dunno, I LIKED Sonic 2k6, the abyss of awful, and I can't bring myself to like this game beyond marginal level. :\

Give it a few months, everyones opinion will be back in sync with each other.

18. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    Opinion invalidated :P

Although to be fair, Shade's opinion was invalidated from the start for the same reason!

19. Vinsent

Vinsent

This game's ending is complete shit.
    You beat Ix and then return to your world all happy and triumphant but when you finally get back Eggman has taken over your world. Normally you would expect the game to continue from here right?
    Wrong! The game ends with a picture of Eggman and the words The End...? Then Tails starts talking about how he didn't expect this and that bioware was made by doctors and shit and Sonic tells him to shut up.
    Oh if anybody wants the save download it here
    http://www.vinsent.sepwich.com/Misc/SonicC...ompletesave.sav
    The complete save is the one in chapter one.

20. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    I can guarantee you with the title of the game they were probably planning on a series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.