don't click here

Sonic Chronicles leaked...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MathUser, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vangar

Vangar

I asked him before he was validated if he would like me to post it. Maybe he was just waiting for me to do so.

EDIT: Totally agree with the white portraits, oh my god.

2. Flygon

Flygon

Downloading now, I kinda wish I brought my DS with me to work.

3. Moogle!

Moogle!

Hmm, anyone else think this Bioware leaked this on purpous?

4. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Yes, Bioware leaked a copy of their game so that everyone can play it for free.

5. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Some Freakishly Long Anime
    Well, if people get to play the game before buying it, then it might make them buy it more.

Or just not buy it and play teh game on an emulator.

6. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    or just not buy it because it sucks.

:\

Yeah, this game has been terrible so far. The story sounds like something out of a crappy fanfiction, the gameplay is very detached and sloppy on the overworld do to the touchscreen controls. (Mandatory) It has some cool things, like the chao mag-things and I guess maybe the combat, but I can't find a word to sum up the experience besides mediocre. I mean, right now I feel like Sonic 2006 was a more rewarding experience than this has been. :\

The music is gross (Diamond Dust sounds like they ripped the lead out of a poorly transcribed midi), and sounds amateurish and empty. The main theme sounds like it was performed and written by a shitty punk garage band. Besides that the Panic Puppet track that plays on the bosses is pretty nostalgic, and the Tidal Tempest theme is always nice to hear whenever you hear that song in the battle music cycle.

7. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    I was waiting for the inevitable irrational backlash post!

This game, at least if the first part is any indication, is far far better than I expected.

8. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    Arm7 stuff? What? All I did was select a 512kbyte FLASH saver and it ran.

Anyway, I'm not liking this touchscreen stuff. Also, they did not fix the art's lack of anti-aliasing with the backgrounds. That's a big minus right there; about 50% of this game is destined to be ugly.

9. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    See, thats what I tried to do the first time, but then it crashed when I got into battle (probably because of the 3D aspect, I suspect this guy probably didn't test very far into it). However, by taking the arm7.bin from Sim City Creator instead, it worked fine (for the most part. There is the occasional graphical glitch, but no crashes).

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Oh my God you guys.

DEXTER ISN'T REAL

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Of course not. He's a cookie. (Whose avatar was that again?)

12. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    :(

So that makes Amy just like any 12 year old girl?

jman: I think I envy you then, because I really really wish I could just pretend this wasn't a crappy game and like it, because it does fill in a childhood fantasy for a Sonic RPG. I'm not having fun. :|

It's one half generic combat system, one half annoying stripped down version of Sonic 3D Blast with context sensitive commands everywhere.

13. Yusuke

Yusuke

That Random Lurker Member
    Guuuh. I've never been too smart with all this patching junk, and I spent the last half hour trying to get this thing to work on my R4, as well as frantically searching all over the place just to download the damned thing.

D: Anyone feeling generous enough to donate an already-patched version to me? Definitely wanna try this sucker out ASAP.

My god, I feel like such a turd asking this. My apologies, really. D:

14. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    BUH! NO NEED TO PATCH! At least, there wasn't for me.

OPEN NO$GBA.

SELECT YOUR ROM.

GO TO EMULATOR SETUP.

SELECT "NDS CARTRIDGE BACKUP MEDIA"

CHANGE IT TO FLASH 512KBYTES OR WHATEVER ELSE IN THAT LIST WORKS - at least one of them does.

PRESS OK.

GO TO FILE.

RESET THE CARTRIDGE.

PLAY A SHITTY GAME.

If that doesn't work, then I don't know what's going on, since that fixed it right away for me.

15. Ice God

Ice God

Earthbound Fanboy Banned
    This game seems really well done. I like it thus far.

Still no match for Kirby.

16. Yusuke

Yusuke

Yeah, it plays on the emulator, but not on the R4, which is what I want. XD;

17. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Hmm... conflicting views I see, I guess Ill wait for game rankings.

18. Yusuke

Yusuke

Well, I played it for a bit on an emulator, I honestly can say I like it so far. The art's really nice, too, and the writing is funny and fresh, IMO, on par with Sonic Battle.

I just wish I could play it at full speed on my freaking R4 XD

19. Ice God

Ice God

Earthbound Fanboy Banned
    There's a fix for that, but I'll have to peak to my friend, since I don't have it.

WAY better than Sonic Battle in my opinion. Also, Sonic's speech seems like a total dick is you pick the right options, and I love that.

20. Yusuke

Yusuke

Ice God, I love you, man. D: If you could do that, I will uh... I Have no idea, be in debt to you. <33

Well, I've only played for a couple minutes, and only had a few lines being said. I won't play any further in, since you say there's a fix, so I'll wait it out until then. (Soon though I hope D: D: D: )

I admit, though, the branching dialog trees are very nice so far, and the writing's pretty awesome. I've got nothing against the gameplay thus far, either. Looks like it's a solid game. I definitely can't wait to get farther in. Trying to dodge spoilers is so tedious, I swear.

[​IMG]
    Like, five seconds in. Nothing spoilery xD I love how they drew Tails here.

WAIT, I might have found a solution for the R4 incompatibility issues. watch this post for updates.

And while you're at it, Download Kirby Super Stars Ultra. You may need it.

EDIT: Epic fail. It didn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.