don't click here

Leap Frog Digj

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lyrica, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    Sonic Digj

The commerical shows Hydrocity Zone from Sonic 3. Anyone have any other information on this?

2. Soselocke

Soselocke

MEEP MEEP MEEP Banned
  3. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I heard about it, but don't know much about it.

4. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I saw the commercials showing that screen the first time earlier today, and I was all like, "Whoa, whadafux? That actually is a nice recreation of the art to Hydrocity (Act 2?)"

5. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
    Well least none of us are going to buy it

6. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    I'd still play it, given the chance.

7. MathUser

MathUser

Someone should buy the game, so we can get manual and box scans. Also so we can know what the game is llike, the info on it on the internet is scant. I made a wiki page, but there's not much I can put on it. Sonic the Hedgehog (LeapFrog DiDj game)

8. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    if I had a job/money I'd definately get this for my nephew like I did the 2 SMS Sonic TV things

9. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    I'll buy it :D

10. The Seeker

The Seeker

From what I've heard, you have to play as sonic, and collect rings. The twist is that the rings have letters in them, and you have to spell your spelling words using the rings. I'm not sure if that's actually how the game's played, but that's the idea with most of the Leapster games, so I wouldnt doubt it.

11. MK

MK

Hacker Oldbie
    New England, USA
    Secret :o o:
    Hate to bump, but I just saw this commercial and was wondering if anything came of this (if anyone bought it, etc.)

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I saw the box for it at Best Buy. It said there were four zones, but the ones I saw were Hydrocity, Emerald Hill, and Chemical Plant. It also showed Sonic being shot out of a Carnival Night Zone cannon in Emerald Hill Zone, trying to hit the right word (since this game is advertised as teaching spelling.)

Here's the product description from the back: Get Into the Zone with SONIC! Dr. Eggman is up to his evil tricks again. He's captured Sonic's animal friends and transformed them into robotic minions. Race through four action-packed classic Sonic zones, collecting rings and freeing your furry friends. Your spelling smarts and Sonic's speed are sure to spell defeat for Dr. Eggman and his mechanized mischief! Choose from over 10,000 spelling words to match what you're studying in school then download your custom spelling list to study as you play!

That's about all I got, since I don't feel like dropping money for that and a Leap Frog.

13. The Tjalian

The Tjalian

Will a two second clip do to tide you guys over? :P

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A8D3KP7k8MQ

EDIT: Guh, honestly, I don't think there's any sonic didj footage on the internet, I've been looking for near an hour now... and nothing. I've tried all types of things.. "didj review" "didj" "sonic didj" "sonic didj review" "sonic didj video" "didj video" "sonic didj commercial" "didj commercial"... you name, I probably tried it. Tried on Youtube and Google. May try elsewhere tomorrow.

14. MathUser

MathUser

I hear those DIDJ's can be plugged into the television. Someone buy one of those thing already. Someone has to have a little brother they can give the system to after the research is done.

15. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Only my little brother has decent taste in video games. He'd never touch this edutainment crap. >_>

16. The Tjalian

The Tjalian

I know it sounds desperate, but maybe making making a honey pot which people can chip in to so we can actually get one of these things? Once I get a bit of spare money (hopefully not too long) I'd probably chip in $5 toward the pot. Considering it's Linux based (from what I heard, anyway) there might even be the remote possibility of dumping it, maybe even decompiling it and seeing what else is in there.

17. I'm insanely interested in this for some reason. I really wanna see how it plays.

18. Looks like recycled genesis sprites, which is novel considering that most of these little kids only know Sonic through that shitty Fox kids cartoon. Or Heroes, ugh.

19. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Ok, just wondering here. How the hell do you pronounce Digj?

Digi? Dig-Jay? Didge-Juh? Didge-Jeh? What?!

20. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I understand it's like the first syllable of "digit".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.