don't click here

Using a JP/US Sega Saturn on Europe

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Puto, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    So I may be getting a japanese Sega Saturn off eBay, with MK's help. And I live in Europe. And here enter the power issues.

Japan and America use 110 volt plugs, while Europe uses 240 volt plugs. How can I use a non-european Saturn here without blowing it up?

2. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
  3. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    SMTP is wise and knowledgeable. You'd do well to listen to him

I had the same problem with plugging my US Nuon into the OZ power supply. You can get a transformer at any good electronics store, but check the wattage first. You'll probably only need the smallest wattage rating, which means cheapest price, because the damn things can be expensive. I can't think off the top of my head what the Saturn's power usage is but I'm 99% sure it isn't much. It's not like it has a heating element of anything.

4. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Just get the proper AC/DC adaptor instead of using the packaged one, you should be able to find one easily =P Just make sure it matches your model (either model 1/3 or model 2).

5. Shibunoa

Shibunoa

Banned
    Italy
    I bet there are 240 -> 110 multiple plugs, so just plug it on one of them.

6. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    [​IMG]
    Works fine for me.
    I need another one though as this one's mostly occupied by my American 32X now. Good thing I currently don't play with my PC-Engine Duo-R that much, otherwise that'd be in the way too! Ones with multiple sockets? Want.

Oh, and one thing you should know is that when using an European RGB cable with a Japanese Saturn it only outputs Composite but not RGB. I haven't found a solution for that yet. :colbert: