don't click here

Sonic 1 Pixel Perfect

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by JcFerggy, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    The water is fantastic. Keep it, but I'm not opposed to new art for it.

Also, about that crazy loop... does it work? The way Sonic 1 stores the loop tiles, I'm not sure if that would work, the bigger one I mean. However, I could be wrong, and I probably am, but that seems like something achievable only in Sonic 2 or 3

2. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    You mean this one? It does work. I did waste alot of chunks making it, but it will appear in the hack somewhere, it might be smaller, but it will appear.

3. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Hell yeah, updates to this! This is one of my favorite hacks ever.

I do like how the water looks but I'm not quite sure if it fits in with level itself.

I can't wait to see what else you can do.

4. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    I can't see it, link to the image appears to be broken.

5. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    Small Update.

[​IMG]

I was bored last night, and I learnt how to use SonMapEd, and the first thing I made were the Sonic Advance 3 springs. Now that I know SonMapEd, I will be less constricted with my art edits.

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    It looks neat, but I can't help feel it's a bit... out of place.

Do you plan on getting rid of top and side collision on the springs so you can simply walk into them like in SA3? That could be nifty if you design the levels to take advantage of it.

7. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    Actually, I do plan to get rid of the collision. I'd also like to see if I can get a similar sound effect to the one in Sa3, but neither Nineko or Puto know how to make sounds.

8. STE

STE

Wow, that's fitting! Im a fan of this hack and it keeps getting better every day!

I salute to you, good sir.

9. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    They're okay-ish... Don't the springs usually have a bit of shine to them, though? And if possible, could you make the actual pad part of the spring a bit larger?

10. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    He guys, long time no see. Shit been going on, and I have not worked on the hack in forever. Because of the hacking contest, I'm going to release what I have [​IMG] (Which is not alot)

Link

Nova says he is going to stop on the hack, and I have been doing other things, so we were thinking of giving the hack to someone who can either continue with it, or strip it and take what they want for there own hack. If someone takes the hack to continue it, I might be back later to work with them, but currently, I'm not too interested in hacking. So if you are interested, send me a PM instead of spamming the topic.

So ya, enjoy. (I still want comments)

11. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Loving this, like always. <3

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    This is literally the best hack I have ever played. The level design and art is superb! Pity it all has to go to waste.

I suggest donating your resources to the S Factor—it could use them.

13. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Fuuck that link is fast! Literally got the file in a tenth of a second.

14. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    :D

Wow, I really like this more than I thought I would. GHZ4 was really neat.

15. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    Pixel Perfect describes it very well then.

Thumbs up to these guys. This hack probably has the most effort I've ever seen in a hack!

16. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    Thanks guys for the complements. I do believe we have made a nice effort, but nothing compared to what Team Megamix has done. I haven't played it in a few months, and I was even surprised by how Sonic'y the layouts that Nova made are.

Who knows, I might just keep the hack for now while I do other things, or maybe compile a team to work on it in my absence.

17. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

GHZ4 was spectacular. Very nice level design in that in particular, but all round, really. It was like the classic games, where you could really explore, but also speed through to a degree.

Every stage felt unique with the different palletes, and the art... Pixel Perfect indeed.

18. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    This is really fantastic. The level-design is possibly the most creative I've seen in a hack, and the morning-to-night transition between acts subtly suggests that Sonic is undergoing a long journey which helps give the game an "epic" feel. You should really be proud of this.

19. Shade

Shade

Wow, how did I miss this hack until now? Absolutely stunningly BEAUTIFUL job on the art choices and palette changes. This is one of the most visually pleasing Redux hacks to date. Easy on the eyes, yet exploding with color and detail. Looking forward to more redone level layouts.

It might not be terribly original, but not every hack needs to be. Good stuff so far guys.

20. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    This hack is excellent. Great layouts, art, palettes, music...
    I wonder what the level select code is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.