don't click here

Sonic and the Black Knight

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pelord

Pelord

Warning signs for hire Oldbie
    Ok, I don't have a problem with people who played through Secret Rings in it's entirety (or at least one mission from all of the worlds), and still don't like it... but those people who say the game sucks without finishing the first few missions of Lost Prologue (which is a TRAINING world) shouldn't even really talk about it.

I will give this 'sequel' a chance.

Also, LOL @ that comic with the tank. Though it has LANDMASTER written all over it.

2. Wetflame

Wetflame

:D Banned
    Oh come on, first level is always HOLD RIGHT TO WIN. Secret Rings is actually pretty tough. I didn't finish it but I enjoyed what I played.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I enjoyed the game enough to actually beat it and feel fufilled, however I haven't really touched it since (The game lacks decent replay value, possibly because you just keep playing as Sonic).

One of the reason I like the sound of this is because of the other characters. They're optional, you can switch of, you DON'T have to play as Sonic the entire fucking time because honestly I don't want to. As long as the other characters are optional that's fine (Because if they are optional they have to be similar to Sonic to a point. Basically I want Knuckles to be as close to Sonic as he was in S3&K)

4. Pelord

Pelord

Warning signs for hire Oldbie

If I had it my way, I'd just play as Knuckles though the whole game. I think the theme fits him better, anyway.

5. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    "What's that, mother? You want me to develop a sword & sorcery Sonic game?"

6. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    SUPER WAS RIGHT!

Having not played Secret Rings, is this anything I want to step into?

7. Vangar

Vangar

Run from it as fast as you can.

And Wetflame, I find 10+ forced tutorial levels before the game, THEN two worlds worth of sitting my controller on a pillow enough for me to take a game back. The thought that I might have to waggle my controller a little more then 0 times in the harder levels doesn't appeal to me.

8. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    You can hold Right to win in most first levels of Sonic games, and before you start spouting out more lies and deceit, I popped in my copy and you can not win the first level without jumping, unlike most Sonic games first levels which can be beaten without a single jump.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Final boss? I fucking wish, this was like halfway though the game

I FUCKING LOL'D

10. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Yeah did I need a tutorial telling me how to JUMP?

11. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Then you should try some of those extra missions after beating Erazor. Torture.

12. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    You, no, but there are some people that are new to playing and need tutorials.

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Though this is why FORCED tutorials are a bad idea. Sonic Heroes had the same problem with Team Rose, especially grievous because there's a menu option for it right there at the start.

Still, that game did deserve a tutorial, since the team mechanic on its own isn't 100% intuitive.

14. Wetflame

Wetflame

:D Banned
    Hey hey hey

Is the reason Sonic's a werehog not a Zelda rip off, but another DBZ one? After all they had Super Saiyan, which Sonic has, and Oozaru, which Sonic does not yet have.

15. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I never thought of that, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me. It's not like the series is known for its originality anymore. =P

16. Rolken

Rolken

Tech Member
    Remember when Sonic games didn't need tutorials because the controls actually made sense?

Yeah... I miss those days.

But that said, it's axiomatically bogus to judge the difficulty of Secret Rings based on the tutorial level. The real game will chew you up if you treat it like an "interactive movie" or attempt anything remotely like "playing itself". While it is true that the game sets the default motion to forward instead of static and constrains you to rails, you at least have a full and consistent control scheme within those limits, as opposed to the Adventure method of constraining you implicitly with bottomless pits and taking control away any time something physically interesting happens.

17. Soselocke

Soselocke

MEEP MEEP MEEP Banned
    Does that mean that the new look for Sonic indicates the Super Saiyan 3 transformation? :-P

18. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    I'm just hoping Sonic's power level goes, OVER 9000!

19. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    Didn't Future Trunks wield a sword?

20. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Yes he did, but a sword seems too general to try and pick a specific inspiration for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.