don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
  2. TheBarAdmin

TheBarAdmin

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Awesome! I always thought Route 99 was an underrated Zone, great to see your conversion coming along well. :(

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
  5. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    It's nice to see that you have HPz fully ported, however there are a few things you should try to improve, such as music and layout, from looking at the video there are a few tiles that got fit together properly, also the layout seems a bit simple and has a "one route" sense to it, try to create some of your own 128x128 chunks, that should help to make the layout a bit more dynamic.

6. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I'm shit at level art & don't know how to do it.
    I'll consider doing another route, when I can be bothered to edit HPZ because I'm getting sick of editing it, it's time to do another level.

7. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    [​IMG]

8. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    I was actually trying to port that level along with other advance levels the past couple days, but all the platforms and such are so uneven that they don't fit evenly into any chunks. Might I ask how you got the graphics in? Of course it could just be because I depend on sprite sheets that usually don't care about eveness since it's assumed it's for MMF :( Nice job on the color conversion too, that's one of the most time consuming parts.

9. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    I think it's Wily's stage from Mega Man 1...

10. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Actually it's Stage 2 from Mega Man the Wily Wars: MM2, I liked the tune.

11. Armada

Armada

Sometimes I do things Member
    So, I've started Mozart again. So far, I've been able to isolate channels (thank god for pointers). Next, I'll try converting the HEX bytes into logical notes (excluding DAC, because it's based on individual sounds) and then playback. I'll try to support ASM somewhere in there too. For now, enjoy these screenshots:

[​IMG]
    Not much has changed in the header. The "update" button, just updates the channels in the notation tab. I'm still trapping for values less than 2F.

[​IMG]
    Channel highlighting. Works lovely on songs with channels in the correct order. However, songs with channels in weird orders or overlapping tend to screw up to high heaven. The highlighting will explain it self in a moment.

[​IMG]
    I reorganized the channels into tabs and textboxes (thanks SOTI!) to help keep things more legible than a block of text. The label's color is it's highlighting in the main notation. Currently, I need to globalize this text so it stays current in all feilds. As you can see, this is the FM tab.

[​IMG]
    PSG

[​IMG]
    DAC

12. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Some Freakishly Long Anime
    That looks great, Armada.
    I think this tool will be a great service to those who don't understand the whole concept of music very well.

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Like before, I'm not really seeing the advantage—you're still displaying everything with their original values, which offers no real advantage over simply editing the music in a hex editor. There needs to be some sort of intuitive graphical interface that makes it all easier, you know?

Anyway, it is pretty neat for what it is; I just hope it goes further than that.

14. Armada

Armada

Sometimes I do things Member
    That's just HEX mode. Did you look at the status bar? There's going to be notation mode as soon as I can parse it. ;)

I'm aming to make the playback screen resemble Chaotix's sound test screen. Dunno' how much that can help. :\
    EDIT: I think it'll help by allowing you to "see" what you're hearing.

Thanks. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: just a note, I forgot to isolate the voice data. That's been fixed now.

15. ZFG

ZFG

Norway
    [​IMG]
    Finaly got SonED2 to work, Edited the level art a little bit.

16. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
  17. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
  18. Evil Hedgehog

Evil Hedgehog

I need some opinions, Yesterday I created some palletes for Sonic 2, can you tell me if they look good?
    Here are the palletes:

Title Screen
    [​IMG]

EHZ
    [​IMG]

CPZ
    [​IMG]

ARZ
    [​IMG]

CNZ
    [​IMG]

HTZ
    [​IMG]

MCZ
    [​IMG]

OOZ
    [​IMG]

MZ
    [​IMG]

SCZ
    [​IMG]

WFZ
    [​IMG]

DEZ
    [​IMG]

19. Jeiku

Jeiku

I actually like those palettes (especially OOZ). I think the white in DEZ comes off as too much though, but overall I like the bright theme you have going on there.

20. ZFG

ZFG

Norway
    [​IMG]