don't click here

Original Project Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    No one so far has decided to stand up and take charge until now. Malevolence, you have my vote, if you wanna be the leader per sé of this project. I mean, we need a leader and no one else seems to be taking charge. Go for it!

2. Matwek

Matwek

I up for whoever to take charge, Im more curious as to what you come up with than worried about which direction you'll end up taking. So as far as im concerned I don't mind taking a back seat and cotributing where I see fit.

3. I think eight is a good, solid number of zones. Two acts, transitions, and act 1 has a sub-boss, that acts as a weaker, simplistic version of the true boss.

As for actual zone themes, Sonic 1 had some cool meditereanean looking concept art:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. <!--quoteo(post=209702:date=Jul 22 2008, 03:17 PM:name=ninjajuice66)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ninjajuice66 @ Jul 22 2008, 03:17 PM) [​IMG]

5. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Here's a question for mere statistical purposes: how many people would support my nomination if I wanted to lead the Sonic 4 project?

Relax Tweaker and SS, I know I'm not eligible, I just want to know if there is someone who doesn't hate me.

6. [​IMG]

Wood Zone, much?

7. zeldrak

zeldrak

Character Designer (NOT Sonic Related) Member
    Portugal
    Contributions for Sonic Sequel
    Lawl, Title Screen sketch I just finished for fun.

View attachment 2339

I know it's crooked and his right arm has a displacement issue, but it was something fast.

8. I don't see what Father Christmas has against Sonic personally.

(sorry)

9. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    I used to make up bosses all the time, some of them were awesome concepts but I knew they'd never get used

10. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
    Well, it's always good to show some of the better ones, ideas and opinions are always good.

11. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    I'll see if I can find them, it's been awhile

12. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Loving the artwork Resel, some really imaginative concepts there!

13. Another quick and crude boss concept... ehhh.. maybe... maybe not.
    [​IMG]

Thanks! :(

14. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Not true, Trunks really wanted to lead this, hence my recommendation a few posts back.

(sorry for double post)

15. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Well you would be one of a few candidates. Plus you are a capable programmer as you proved with your music converter.

16. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    one idea I had a long time ago that I was going to implement into a fangame I gave up on was that the special stages are short, one-act zones at the end of which you would fight a boss to earn the chaos emerald. Most people would shoot this down immediately for not fitting the classic formula, but I always love optional bosses and secret levels

17. theSTHguy

theSTHguy

Fear the wrath of my ∫! Ha ha ha! Member
    London, England, UK
    The Shadow Odyssey (TSO)
    On the subject of a boss idea:
    http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=10973

Sonic Triple Trouble.

18. Matwek

Matwek

I suppose it isn't really very fitting but I still kind of like that idea, bit like the Ristar secret levels

19. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

I don't wanna go all "LOL I WANNA CONTRIBUTE" but I have one idea for a level if I might say it.

If we're going to follow the S3K Story, then we might aswell have a Death-Egg Ruins level.

Yeah, I know it's cliche, but we could work some ideas into it. Like... I dunno, electric wires everywhere? Okay, I don't have any good ideas, but I bet the most of you have.. some ideas that could work.

I was imagine it something like if Labyrinth Zone from Sonic 1, Metropolis Zone from Sonic 2 and Death Egg Zone from Sonic 3 had a hot threesome for 9 hours straight, this level would come out 9 months later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.