don't click here

SonicSets

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Hendricks266, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inspired by SonAR, I decided to put together sets of every Sonic ROM for a console, and improve sets that already existed.

I will not be distributing the SonicSets for consoles that are still alive: DS, PSP, PS2, GameCube, XBOX, Wii, XBOX 360, PS3.

My new broadband connection has helped me out astronomically.

I have found this to be an extremely useful resource:
    Wikipedia: List of games featuring Sonic the Hedgehog

Stats:

These ROMs have not been dumped at all, AFAIK:
    • Sonic the Hedgehog's Gameworld (Pico; J, Storyware scan)
    • Tails and the Music Maker (Pico; U, E, J, Storyware scan)
    • Sonic X (Leapster)
    • Sonic DiDj
    • Sonic Adventure (Tiger LCD)
    • GBA Video - Sonic X Vol. 2: Chaos Emerald Chaos
    • Unreleased Phantasy Star III & IV for SCD/MCD
    • Phantasy Star: Deluxe Edition (Mobile)
    • BIN/CUE Sonic CD 510 Beta (impossible?)
    These ROMs I can't find or don't have access to:
    • BIN/CUE dumps of PC, SCD/MCD, PSX, and Saturn games
    • PC demos
    • PC games
    • A mounted Knuckles in Sonic 2 0612 Proto
    • Dreamcast dumps like the recently released drx protos
    Please tell me if I miss any.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

I need to find a website which offers BIN/CUE, or something similarly perfect (nothing that has ISO, MP3, or WAV), images of the disc consoles listed above, plus the PSX.

2. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    You aren't going to find GBA Video - Sonic X Vol. 2: Chaos Emerald Chaos, it was never dumped (I think there is a reason actually).

3. T.Q.

T.Q.

The Sims 2, Tim Drake [Robin] Member
  4. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Pretty sure I can supply BIN/CUE sets of every Sonic Team-related Saturn game ever released into North America. Got Sonic 3D, Sonic R, Sonic Jam, NiGHTS, Christmas NiGHTS, and Burning Rangers, and also a demo disc of NiGHTS (separate from Christmas NiGHTS). Pretty sure I've dumped most of it already for my own emulation purposes, but I can track down whatever I'm missing and dump it as you need it.

Only question would be how to get it over to you...

5. I clarified my original post and added some new questions.

Wow! Thanks!

Unfortunately, that's not a question I can provide an answer to. :colbert: If SonAR were back, you could put it there.

I have a bunch of PC, Sega CD, Saturn, and PSX BIN/CUEs I would like to have. This includes games the following series: Sonic, Shining Force, Earthworm Jim, Final Fight, Mortal Kombat, Duke Nukem, Mega Man, and Phantasy Star. Not that I'm asking anyone; I'm just ranting.

That reminds me, I'm going to add the Phantasy Star series to the SonicSets due to the connections with Yuji Naka and everything.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Just for reference, with the exception of Burning Rangers I can mirror this for the EU discs.

7. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie
    Use HFX, it's a pretty good FTP. You need to keep it running for people to be able to download.

8. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    You'll have to elaborate; I don't know what HFX is, and a quick Google didn't turn up anything useful.

9. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie
  10. Vlcice

Vlcice

Oldbie
    This actually isn't a remake. Since the Genesis has the Master System hardware built in for backwards compatibility, they simply manufactured Fukkokuban by putting the Master System game in a Genesis cartridge with an integrated Master System adapter. It runs purely in Master System mode - it doesn't have any Genesis functionality and wasn't changed at all from the original Master System version.

11. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    What is this reason? I have a dumper; I may try doing that at some point.

12. Thanks. Those should compress quite well.

I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

Thanks for the clarification. Removed.

I have absolutely no idea why. This would help me greatly.

13. I have really been adding to the SonicSets. My DS set is now complete, with every ROM available. Mostly I'm just working on obscure stuff and the bigger files. I have all of the drx torrent protos added (GameCube!). I'm also getting things from the GoodTools sets.

Any help with my list would be appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.