don't click here

Sonic in Chaotix - R3 announcement topic

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by SGR, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    I discussed this with Steve Snake and yes Tweaker sees things right.
    He also stated that Gens uses the Chaotix timing system for all games which explains why it has problems running many 32X titles while Kega runs all of them just fine.
    (which Tweaker explained already.)

Steve also stated that a completely accurate emulation of 32X time cycling would require a PC of 8GHz.
    We also discussed Saturn 3D capabilities but that's another story. :P

2. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
  3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...Or just remove the Sonic on top? It would be easier and make more sense.

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Alternatively, remove the space with Mighty in it and keep Sonic in the Tornado. Looks much classier that way. =P

5. Yuzu

Yuzu

Seems like common sence and it would be easier than removing Sonic on the tornado because you won't have to redraw the art.

6. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    If someone gives me the art for that Sonic, and the original palette for Mighty, I will totally make that Sonic on the tornado Mighty.

7. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    Wouldn't it make sense to replace Sonic with Amy on the Tornado? >.>;

She IS in the game afterall. Or, Mighty sounds good. Good luck Adding Tails, can't wait to see him in game. (:

8. Wurly

Wurly

:| Tech Member
    hey guys

[​IMG]

:)

I changed Wechidna's pointer to point to Sonic's art instead of Knuckles'. Results? A completely functional second Sonic. However, a few of the frames of art were off. This leads me to believe that Wechidna's frame definitions are actually what 'were' Tails' frame definitions, because Sonic's and Tails' are nearly identical.

I created a palette for Tails and the art, and this time changed Wechidna's art pointer to point to the new Tails' art. Results? An almost perfectly functioning Tails in place of Wechidna.

The only problems are Tails' tails, his arm palette, and the fact that he is only selectable in Stage Select.

so yeah guys expect revision 3 like real soon

9. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    From the ending picture, I'd actually like to see Sonic as a separate character (With his Crackers palette too), not just a replacement for Mighty. I know it'd really be two Mighty characters...but it'd still be awesome.

Do you plan on using Tails' Crackers sprites?

10. ADD RAY!!!! *shot*

Spam aside, I think adding another character beside replacing Mighty and ********* would require a disassembly, and SH2 code is different than, say, M68K. Good luck replacing the art. I think changing the Sonic on the Tornado to Amy would make a little more sense, although it would still be hard.

11. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    Yes, actually, but only as placeholders at the moment. This doesn't mean we won't release what we have, but maybe we could get someone to redraw Tails for, say, a R4, but nothing is set in stone and that's kinda far off.

BTW JJF, you're using the 1207 palette correct?

12. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    OH JJF U.

13. Someone would still have to draw in a bit of Charmy.

DO NOT WANT

14. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    I think Charmy's sprite is fine, it's a full sprite IIRC and it's just behind Sonic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.