don't click here

Sonic Jam commentaries tell all~

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    So while we're on the subject of strategy guide info, I've had the official Sonic 3/Sonic CD US strategy guide for a while, and I've never seen anyone point out how odd the Sonic CD section of the guide is. It's poorly written and looks like most of the info comes from someone watching a video tape of the game, rather than playing it.

Anyways, aside from a few odd quotes (mentioning Game Genie codes for the sega CD... wtf? And claiming that the time egg capsules teleported you to other parts of the level) the only real odd part worth mentioning is that it's description of Metallic Madness Zone is extremely short and very odd. It's all of one page, and doesn't show anything from act 3. And, best of all, it claims that act 3 ends with you "fighting robosonic before Dr. Robotnik himself"

Now, I always thought the little room before the final fight in Sonic CD was odd - why have a seperate, locked room for 3 firefly badniks? If the guide holds any weight, I believe that would be the room where you'd refight Metal Sonic.

I'm scanning the page right now, so you'll have it to dissect in a bit.

2. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    So I'm NOT the only one who sees it. Good... I thought I was going crazy. Yeah Flying Battery coming right after Carnival Night... man if you didn't know that by now...

I've been saying that for years. I've also been saying there was time travel in Sonic 2 in the beginning for years. I've been telling people that Sonic was to go Super in the Hidden Palace for months now. I guess I should just shut up and let you all enjoy this... but really the Cyber City thing is the ONLY thing that's new.

3. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
  4. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
  5. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

6. I don't think anyones noticed this, but there were some sprites found in the NA prototype and posted on Sonic Cult. They were "Obviously a very early scrapped level", but I got to thinking that this could possibly be some peices to GCZ.

http://www.sonic-cult.org/dispart.php?cati...d=3&artid=2

Go down to the second to last picture. Looks a bit like a mechanical level, does it not?

7. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    My same exact thought.
    That is DEZ's outer space in the background, but I can't tell more about the foreground...

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  9. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Right, I may as well say it:

Shut the fuck up.

If I see one more "OLD" post or something to that extent in this thread, I'm going to fucking flip. I don't fucking care if you knew about it, your mom knew about it, whoever the fuck knew it—this is not a gigantic cockfight to be the first person to deliver information. This is about revisiting; it's about discussion, it's about speculation, and it's about bringing new ideas and thoughts to the table. If you can do nothing but scream old all day like you have a big cock and because you knew everything, then get the hell out of this thread. We don't want you here.

Does it really take that much to show a bit of goddamn respect to people? I've been nothing but positive and encouraging for the past few weeks, and then you have to come in and dick things up in this thread. You're not offering anything new, so shut your mouth and go away. I'm not going to play this game.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Please, post the article that was scanned from. That way we'll know exactly what's that about.

12. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Speaking of which... I wonder if the images of Sonic with the CD have any relationship to the angel statue in Wacky Workbench Zone (or is it Quartz Quadrant) that turns into Dr. Robotnik in the bad future. I mean, the only other angel we see is in those promo screenshot thingies.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Seriously, it was already proven that this pic has nothing to do with either Sonic 2 or Sonic CD, I'm surprised nobody remembers that.

14. RattleMan

RattleMan

Oldbie
  15. Skaarg

Skaarg

16. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

That scanned image from the strategy guide is still coming, by the by. My scanner is about a million years old, and connected to the other PC, so I'm sending the scanned pic via gmail right now.

17. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Well, whatever the case, she's definitely working on one of those frames—that goes without saying. :P

Pretty interesting stuff, though!

18. RattleMan

RattleMan

Oldbie
  19. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Is that picture all pixel art? It seems like it is from the way it's being drawn, but for some reason I always thought there was a high-quality reflection on the disc that Sonic was standing on. It could be the bad scan quality, but it always made me think those were mockups of something that never ended up happening, rather than something that was actually drawn for use in the game at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.