don't click here

My thought about Hidden Palace Zone

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mr_Boo_Berry, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    Sorry to be a downer But... They started the zone very early in Sonic 2's Production. They didnt touch it at all except to remove it towards the end. A lot of the theories im reading are quite comical as people seem to be ignoring the fact that the level was abandoned early on. Especially when you look at the fact that Emeral Hill, Hill Top and Chemical Plant Zone (which were all at early stages in the NA proto) all made it and went through some development with the level layouts before the FINAL version, HPZ was never touched again. Plus to me whilst HPZ graphically looked excellent the level itself was a bit all over the place. A couple of tubes, Breaking platforms, the lovely Glowing Bridge effect and that was about it...

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Hidden Palace wasn't canned early on—it simply wasn't touched while they worked on more important levels. There are clear signs that they had full intentions of completing the zone, but time constraints prevented them from doing so. Look at the timeline from Sonic 2 Beta 4 to the final—tons of changes in a very small period! There would have been no way to finish it in time, honestly. It's a pity.

3. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    When you put it like that I do see what you mean. I was about to say afterwards that other levels took preference over it. Tweaker in your opinion wouldve HPZ fit in Sonic 2? What did you think of the layout before it was sorta abandoned?

4. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    HPZ couldn't have been a 2P level because it has water. Try doing 2P mode on any water-containing level in Sonic 2 Beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.